Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What club do your KIDS support ?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Buzzer said:
Got 2 boys (aged 4 and 7) and got them Albion strips as soon as they could fit into them. They get Albion stuff at birthdays and Christmas. They really don't get a choice.

I've drummed into them that Chelski, Arsenal and Man U fans aren't real footie fans because they don't go to the games.

Get 'em young enough and they're brainwashed long before they have a chance to rebel.

Their cousins are all Albion fans too. It's quite simple. If you want them to be Albion fans you can make them by taking them along, getting photos with Gully, having fun at Withdean, birthday cards from the club.

The thought of my 2 supporting anybody else is just an anathema to me.

:albion:
I like the sound of this approach...

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Trying to get my (soon to be 7 year old) boy to support Brighton but he is not that in to football so need to get him along to more games in the magnificent family stand.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
BUTTERBALL said:
Trying to get my (soon to be 7 year old) boy to support Brighton but he is not that in to football so need to get him along to more games in the magnificent family stand.

my 4 year old ain't too bothered at the moment about the actual footie. I take along the Nintendo DS for him to play.

It's just the drip drip drip of the brainwashing that'll get them.

Wearing the strip, Gully, BHA gifts, your constant reminder of who his team is, getting to go along with a mate, getting to blow those annoying horns(!). It's well worth it as under -10s get in for a £1 so ask if he wants to bring a mate, let him buy the programme, teach him the words to GOSBTS.

It's even little things like the pride in wearing the same top as all the other fans and the players. Going on the bus to and from the ground. Before long he'll be saying to his mates that he's an Albion fan without even giving it another thought.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
My boy is 10. A couple of years ago he told he he supported the Albion just because he wanted to please me - though he clearly had an eye to all the Chelskis and Manures his mates support. But now he truly has the stripes in his blood. He makes me so proud! Am I an unkind father because I've effectively denied him a life of regular cup finals and European matches???

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
countrygull said:
My boy is 10. A couple of years ago he told he he supported the Albion just because he wanted to please me - though he clearly had an eye to all the Chelskis and Manures his mates support. But now he truly has the stripes in his blood. He makes me so proud! Am I an unkind father because I've effectively denied him a life of regular cup finals and European matches???

:clap2:

No - those things are only important to little kiddies and gloryhunters. He will get so much more kudos when an adult for supporting a lower league team. He may not have as many highs as the supporters of big clubs but our highs are so much higher.

Just imagine how you felt when we won at Cardiff. Now compare that to a Man U or Arsenal fan - they win at Cardiff almost every year. They have no idea what our win meant to us.

Keep the faith all you doubters. Your children will thank you for it.

Last edited:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
My Son supports Palace. He has been going with me since he was 4. Brought up in East Grinstead amongst a load of glory hunting Chelsea school kids he has kept his passion for Palace. That`s my boy!!!:bowdown:

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
My 10 year old is an oldham fan, but after last nights 4th defeat on the bounce, he asked if he could change and said he's thinking about reading. By the time I'd finished telling him about plastic fans, plastic ground etc he backed down.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Living within sight of the floodlights of Selhurst Park and associating woith peers who support the Big 4 I am proud to say that my two oldest are 'Albion' through and through. It causes me much angst that I have laden them with what must be regular and routine humiliation at the hands of kids they encounter locally and I have often advised them to 'pretend' to follow Palace or one of the Plastic 4 to keep these little 'shits' of thier back. Thus far they are proud of thier heritage and refuse to bow to such pressure.

Incidentally the majority of stick comes from followers of the Big 4 and not our terrific rivals who tend to give them respect for following a 'proper' club.

The youngest has still to discover any appetite for football.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Gully no 1 said:
Why say that? I think he is fortunate as he gets to go to the games where his school mates only experience Chelsea on the TV or down the pub with their Dads who are also glory hunters. It will be Man U next year.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The three-year-old has already learned to chant 'Seagulls' and is itching to go to a game. The one-year-old is not aware yet...but loves wearing his Albion t-shirt.

They'll both be Albion fans - much to the disgust of my in-laws who were hoping they'd adopt their mum's club and be Millwall supporters.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Perry Milkins said:
Living within sight of the floodlights of Selhurst Park and associating woith peers who support the Big 4 I am proud to say that my two oldest are 'Albion' through and through. It causes me much angst that I have laden them with what must be regular and routine humiliation at the hands of kids they encounter locally and I have often advised them to 'pretend' to follow Palace or one of the Plastic 4 to keep these little 'shits' of thier back. Thus far they are proud of thier heritage and refuse to bow to such pressure.

Incidentally the majority of stick comes from followers of the Big 4 and not our terrific rivals who tend to give them respect for following a 'proper' club.

As it should be PM. Although the temptation to want to go to Selhurst Park must be strong.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Croydonbloke said:
Why say that? I think he is fortunate as he gets to go to the games where his school mates only experience Chelsea on the TV or down the pub with their Dads who are also glory hunters. It will be Man U next year.

I agree. Better that the lad's a Palace supporter than he supports a plastic team like Manure or Chelski

Perry Milkins said:

Having met you lads I have nothing but respect for them. Live near Selhurst yet they wear their Albion strips to football practice. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Gwylan said:
I agree. Better that the lad's a Palace supporter than he supports a plastic team like Manure or Chelski

Why?

I dont subscribe to this at all. For all the reasons I put on the other thread.

I know Arsenal fans, Tottenham fans, man United fans who go watch their team every week and absolutely love it. they see tremendous football played by the best players in the world.

To suggest these people are "plastic fans" is pathetic really. Are we that arrogant now that we think anyone who doesnt support a lower league team is somehow "plastic"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here