Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Ham to move for Chris Hughton?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Although I confess to being very underwhelmed by the appointment at the time and the football we played to stay up, it was a match made in heaven, the next three seasons are right up there with my best memories as an Albion fan. Admit to being a “CH out” by Feb last season though. The fickleness of football fans eh?

I can accept that type of summary. It isn't unfair and it is free from personal attack

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yes , his Premier league record is far superior to Hughtons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hughton:

Matches: 167

wins: 41

draws: 48

losses: 78

GF: 163

GA: 257

Moyes:

Matches: 526

wins: 204

draws: 144

losses: 178

GF: 690

GA: 657

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Although I confess to being very underwhelmed by the appointment at the time and the football we played to stay up, it was a match made in heaven, the next three seasons are right up there with my best memories as an Albion fan. Admit to being a “CH out” by Feb last season though. The fickleness of football fans eh?

I think most people were frustrated from that point on.

I think until Wolves away which was ‘ultra’ defensive we had completely lost our way. Spurs I genuinely felt we defended and broke a few times. Arsenal away we played well but we were safe by then.

As you know I was never a Hughton out, but certainly understand why people were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Such a shame.:D

Talking to my Hammers supporting mate this morning, they sacked him last time cause of his negative football and saying he wasn't good enough to take them to the next level, then 18 months later re hire him

That with also being sold the CL dream by leaving Upton Park and they're sitting in the bottom 3 with Moyes back in charge. :lolol:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Hughton:

Matches: 167

wins: 41

draws: 48

losses: 78

GF: 163

GA: 257

Moyes:

Matches: 526

wins: 204

draws: 144

losses: 178

GF: 690

GA: 657
Slightly unfair. Moyes managed Man United and Everton. Two established PL teams.

CH managed 3 fairly newly promoted PL teams

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Slightly unfair. Moyes managed Man United and Everton. Two established PL teams.

CH managed 3 fairly newly promoted PL teams

Yes, but he got those gigs by proving himself a better manager, which was the original question I responded too.

Is Moyes any better than Hughton.

Well considering Everton (CL Qualification too) and Utd both hired him you'd have to say yes

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You have a point but, for how many more seasons would you put up with watching defensive football? I think the problem for Hughton was that Bloom, whilst grateful for survival, was looking ahead to see if he felt we could survive again playing that way.

Two seasons.

A manager is constrained to an extent by player contracts. Some of the players you retain from the promotion winning season turn out NOT to be up to the job, whilst sourcing better replacements takes time and it might take a couple of windows to bring in the right faces.

Therefore, the manager needs to be given time to transition the side from a Championship to a Prem outfit.

Fulham made the mistake of doing two years work in one go, thereby losing the team spirit that had got them promoted in the first place. On the other hand, Norwich have not bought enough and will surely get relegated.

I'd argue 3 seasons of turgid football is too much. A club that plays ugly football will get a reputation that will be hard to shake off, and will make it that much harder to attract quality new players. Besides, any side in the Prem should aspire to bring something to the party, and if you can't do that you probably deserve to get relegated.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Enjoyed Davy Moyes’ press conference, spoke with real passion and belief. Described him self
as a winner and said ‘that’s what I do, win games’.

Also pleased to see 2 proper football people Alan Irvine and Dave Bassett joining his backroom team.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Enjoyed Davy Moyes’ press conference, spoke with real passion and belief. Described him self

Also pleased to see 2 proper football people Alan Irvine and Dave Bassett joining his backroom team.

Did they teach punctuation at Lyme Regis Grammar!? OMFG! #WTAF!!!!?!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Yes, but he got those gigs by proving himself a better manager, which was the original question I responded too.

Well considering Everton (CL Qualification too) and Utd both hired him you'd have to say yes

He got Everton job due to taking Preston out of League 1 and to Championship Play offs. They played with Wimbledon 1970s style of football and Sean Gregan kicking everything that moved in midfield.

At Everton he signed Timmy Cahill who consistently got goals from corners so some good signings there helped him out.

I think he knows how to get goals from set pieces. That in itself is a skill I agree. So I wouldn't knock him as a manager.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Moyes records as Hammers manager last time was: P31 W 9 D10 L12

It is remarkably similar to his record at Real Sociedad: P42 W12 D15 L15

I think the board have realised they've spunked so much cash on mediocre players they can't afford to do that again so have gone for someone who will get more out of what is already there, keep them up for a couple of seasons until the coffers are replenished then look to go again.

What is remarkable is how badly Pellegrini has done whilst at the London Stadium. I recall how physically and mentally drained Slaven Bilic was when he got the chop but look at him now looking good to getting West Brom promoted back to the Prem. I think these are both good managers but it's the board and the culture at West Ham that are rotten.

I also think it says something about Moyes' character than he won't shirk a challenge: from Man Utd to Real Sociedad, the basket case club that was Sunderland and a brace of engagements with The Dildo Brothers.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He got Everton job due to taking Preston out of League 1 and to Championship Play offs. They played with Wimbledon 1970s style of football and Sean Gregan kicking everything that moved in midfield.

At Everton he signed Timmy Cahill who consistently got goals from corners so some good signings there helped him out.

I think he knows how to get goals from set pieces. That in itself is a skill I agree. So I wouldn't knock him as a manager.

I appreciate that his Everton appointment was a different time to now in the Premier league and the games moved on.

I was just responding to the question, and if you look at the records Moyes is far superior.

However as I said the game has moved on and he could be a dinosaur in 2020. Probably not a bad thing to get WHU out of trouble, but come the start of next season the West Ham fans will want to see something better on the pitch than what he served up last time.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Exactly, made his name at Preston and got the Everton gig. His mistake was taking the Utd job but I guess the money was too good to turn down. Anyone trying to follow in Ferguson's footsteps was destined to failure, the so called poisoned chalice.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Moyes records as Hammers manager last time was: P31 W 9 D10 L12

It is remarkably similar to his record at Real Sociedad: P42 W12 D15 L15

I think the board have realised they've spunked so much cash on mediocre players they can't afford to do that again so have gone for someone who will get more out of what is already there, keep them up for a couple of seasons until the coffers are replenished then look to go again.

What is remarkable is how badly Pellegrini has done whilst at the London Stadium. I recall how physically and mentally drained Slaven Bilic was when he got the chop but look at him now looking good to getting West Brom promoted back to the Prem. I think these are both good managers but it's the board and the culture that are rotten.

The finished last season really well, i thought they'd be right up there this season , but they've been awful .

As I said to my Hammers mate, sometimes its not the manager but the structure above, and it seems no one can get it right under the Dildo Bros

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Didn't they also have Jon Macken banging them in regularly?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The finished last season really well, i thought they'd be right up there this season , but they've been awful .

As I said to my Hammers mate, sometimes its not the manager but the structure above, and it seems no one can get it right under the Dildo Bros

Don't forget Mrs Peschisollido.

Not really sure what she brings to the Party; however you have to admire what she has achieved as a woman in a male dominated sport.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter

Dave Bassett? Hardly the West Ham way

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here