Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Ham to move for Chris Hughton?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This thread is like Groundhog Day now. It hasn’t moved on for fecking ages.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I’m just saying that Mooy and Maupay were the types of players we’ve needed for some time, of a certain quality. They would greatly enhance any Albion PL first 11, under any manager. Special players.

I genuinely don’t know the circumstances of the Trossard signing. What happened?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m just saying that Mooy and Maupay were the types of players we’ve needed for some time, of a certain quality. They would greatly enhance any Albion PL first 11, under any manager. Special players.

I genuinely don’t know the circumstances of the Trossard signing. What happened?

Trossard has been quoted as saying (essentially) that it was Potter’s style that made him sign (can’t find the quote but there was a clear implication that he wouldn’t have signed for CH if I recall correctly)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I can't find the quote now - but it was an interview he did with a Belgium paper/website a couple of months ago - where essentially he was asked why he chose Brighton over Champions League clubs who were also after him - he said Brighton were after him for a while and but probably wouldn't have joined if the 'previous coach was still in charge' but when he met Potter - who traveled to meet up with him in Belgium before he signed - he was sold on the vision and style of play Potter put to him.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Trossard has been quoted as saying (essentially) that it was Potter’s style that made him sign (can’t find the quote but there was a clear implication that he wouldn’t have signed for CH if I recall correctly)

What does Trossard know. Certainly not how to use his left foot.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Seems he knew very well regarding our then proposed style shift...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm shocked Wet Sham didn't opt for the football deity Chris...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm shocked Wet Sham didn't opt for the football deity Chris...

My worry for Chris is, that he has been out of the limelight for a bit too long now, certainly for another Premier League chairman to take a chance on him., I think the Campionship is where we get to see the best of him anyway, and so successful in getting teams promoted.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Didn’t you enjoy the CH brand of football in our Championship 2.5 seasons?

I thought it was beautiful stuff, on a par with Mullery’s 76 to 79.

Countless wins and goals, amazing victories against all odds, destroying teams gathered at much greater cost. So many happy moments.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Countless wins and goals, amazing victories against all odds, destroying teams gathered at much greater cost. So many happy moments.

There can be absolutely no doubt whatsoever that our full Championship seasons (not the first half season, because we were #BrightonNil due to the horrific lack of talent in the squad) under Chris were amazing times to be a Brighton fan. Memories which will last for a life time, unlike 95% of Premier League matches under his management. :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Indeed, but there were quite a few games where we defended leads for a nail biting last 15 mins rather than going for the killer goal. Not a criticism just making the point that the CH game was very defence based even when we were much the better team. Yes there were games where we annihilated the opposition but there were many where 1-0 was considered enough and we sat on it.

Rightly or wrongly that’s how I remember it. As I have said on a number of occasions those two Championship challenging seasons are amongst my best ever Albion memories and the post Wigan celebrations are my all time favourite memory.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Isnt that more of a myth from the Harry Redknapp era than something being the actual case in the 00s onwards? Glenn Roder, Alan Pardew, Alan Curbishley, Sam Allardyce etc are names that dont really scream "lets have fun".

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Quite obviously considerably more than you.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Fair enough - please produce the stats to disprove the argument I made.

Isnt that more of a myth from the Harry Redknapp era than something being the actual case in the 00s onwards? Glenn Roder, Alan Pardew, Alan Curbishley, Sam Allardyce etc are names that dont really scream "lets have fun".

You could do yourself a favour by quoting the posts you refer to!!!

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea

Give it a rest. Hughton isn't gonna shag you, pal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here