Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Ham to move for Chris Hughton?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Because he's currently unemployed and his PL stock isn't very high at the moment so it would be an opportunity to re-establish himself.

Then he would get a reputation of someone to go to if you're struggling..

When the right offer comes along he will recognise it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have so tried to stay away from this spat that one or two posters have had with JRG over Chris' Managerial Career.

He like myself has personal links to Chris. That means that neither he or I will ever disrespect him or his career.

Others who have an axe to grind against him for whatever reason. No explanation of his talent will suffice. Whilst for JRG and myself. No explanation is necessary.

Just stop slating Chris and JRG will no longer feel the need to come to his defence. That's all that is really needed if you do sincerely want JRG to move on in relation to this subject.

Just accept that despite results and performances. CH left a fabulous legacy at BHA and in a far better position than he found them and in that time he gave the fans some wonderful moments.

If you had a kid say between the ages of say 6 and 10 - I bet they would say that the CH years were good years as opposed to bad ones

And therein lies your (and JRG's) problem in that because of your relationship with CH you are incapable of separating CH the coach/player etc from CH the man.

I can't recall one poster on here who has, as you put it, slated CH (although no doubt you or JRG will trawl through the threads to find one). What I, and many on here who are long term supporters of the club, have been doing is criticizing his management of the team, particularly over the last season he was in charge.

We can only speculate why Bloom chose to go 'in another direction' but my guess is that Bloom thought the direction we were going if CH stayed was downwards and not upwards. He came in when we were near the bottom of the Championship, steadied the ship, got us promoted and kept us there for the first season. For that we are all entirely grateful and that marks him as a legendary Albion manager. The second season was dire.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I watched the game - do you ever only watch Brighton games? - and the reason I watched the game was to see Wes Hoolahan playing (I watched Man City and Sheff U last night to see John Egan, Enda Stevens, Callum Robinson and David McGoldrick)

Norwich had about 20 shots in the second half - three hit the post - most were blocked by last ditch tackles from WBA defenders - it was all hands on deck to defend the goal for WBA in the second half - a half that Norwich utterly dominated.

You of all people should be conscious that the stats never tell the whole story.

Actually, I don't go to other games. I am a BHA supporter so most of my time watching football is when they are playing, either home or away. I don't have an interest in following other teams, managers, players etc.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I find NooBHA very restrained and considered in his defence of CH and very few posters feel the need to react in a negative way to his posts on the subject. JRG, however, is determined to defend and react to every criticism or perceived slight, however small with vigorous examples of why the poster who made them is wrong. He is knowingly or unknowingly responsible for dragging this out as plenty of posters will pull him up on something every time he does it. CH getting a new job is the best thing that could happen for JRG and NSC imo.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Then he would get a reputation of someone to go to if you're struggling..

When the right offer comes along he will recognise it.
In case you didn't notice-Hughton was the man who had us struggling for almost all of last season. We were the epitome of anti-football. Hughton is definitely not who I would bring in to a PL Club if it was struggling. Sorry if that upsets you but I was delighted to see him gone. Not gloating that he had lost his job but simply delighted that we didn't have the prospect of more turgid football every week.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This is doing my head in. Hughton did great and now Potter is taking us to another level. Thank you, goodbye
Well said.

Now is there anyone who disagrees with deanbha?

If not can we declare this discussion over?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Anyone think Moyes is a better bet than CH. Tough one EH? Glad West Ham have appointed him THOUGH.....?.....it won't work will it?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
LOL. - Did I ? I don't recall it. Maybe I was pissed at the time,. Ooooops

I find NooBHA very restrained and considered in his defence of CH

He might to you, he told me not to post piss!!!! :rolleyes:

I think it only right that [MENTION=13411]Worried Man Blues[/MENTION] reveals what the post was for us to decide if [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] was justified :lolol:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Odd then that he came to Brighton when we were struggling in the championship!!!

Different offer on the table at that point. Longer contact on offer and different vision for the future sold to him than recent discussions

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
LOL. - Did I ? I don't recall it. Maybe I was pissed at the time,. Ooooops

Different offer on the table at that point. Longer contact on offer and different vision for the future sold to him than recent discussions

Although I confess to being very underwhelmed by the appointment at the time and the football we played to stay up, it was a match made in heaven, the next three seasons are right up there with my best memories as an Albion fan. Admit to being a “CH out” by Feb last season though. The fickleness of football fans eh?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Anyone think Moyes is a better bet than CH. Tough one EH? Glad West Ham have appointed him THOUGH.....?.....it won't work will it?

Yes , his Premier league record is far superior to Hughtons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here