Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Ham to move for Chris Hughton?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hmmm I'm beginning to get a trifle concerrned for Chris to be honest, he has been absent from the game for some considerable time now, and the longer that period goes on, the more he will fade from prospective employers minds.

As far as we know he hasn't applied for any vacany posts since Tony Bloom sacked him either. He is going to find it more and more difficult to get back in, that's always assuming he wants to of course.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Hmmm I'm beginning to get a trifle concerrned for Chris to be honest, he has been absent from the game for some considerable time now, and the longer that period goes on, the more he will fade from prospective employers minds.

As far as we know he hasn't applied for any vacany posts since Tony Bloom sacked him either. He is going to find it more and more difficult to get back in, that's always assuming he wants to of course.

Hughton has been in discussions with several clubs this season -

With Watford - Hughton is ready to take on the role having held talks with the club and the coach is highly regarded by the decision makers at Vicarage Road.

With WBA - West Bromwich Albion plan to meet Chris Hughton next week to discuss the possibility of him becoming their manager.

With Sheff Wed - Chris Hughton has reportedly held talks with Sheffield Wednesday about succeeding Steve Bruce at Hillsborough.

With Stoke - Stoke made an enquiry for former Newcastle and Brighton boss Hughton to come in and revitalise their ailing team

It took about 2 mins just to find these ones - Hughton has also been linked with many others -

I suspect that the most likely job in the PL would be West Ham - if that doesn't materialise this season then it is possible he could take a Championship job next season - and he would probably have the pick of any job that became available.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Hughton has been in discussions with several clubs this season -

With Watford - Hughton is ready to take on the role having held talks with the club and the coach is highly regarded by the decision makers at Vicarage Road.

With WBA - West Bromwich Albion plan to meet Chris Hughton next week to discuss the possibility of him becoming their manager.

With Sheff Wed - Chris Hughton has reportedly held talks with Sheffield Wednesday about succeeding Steve Bruce at Hillsborough.

With Stoke - Stoke made an enquiry for former Newcastle and Brighton boss Hughton to come in and revitalise their ailing team

It took about 2 mins just to find these ones - Hughton has also been linked with many others -

I suspect that the most likely job in the PL would be West Ham - if that doesn't materialise this season then it is possible he could take a Championship job next season - and he would probably have the pick of any job that became available.

Wet Sham will NOT appoint Chris IMHO. His ‘style’ the antithesis of theirs, and their fans would riot and tear the stadium down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Wet Sham will NOT appoint Chris IMHO. His ‘style’ the antithesis of theirs, and their fans would riot and tear the stadium down!

To be fair, you can understand why theyd turn their noses up at Chris given they’ve won four premier league titles, three champions leagues and two FA Cups by sticking to their West Ham Way principles

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Hughton is a great promotion manager from the Championship. He hasn't got the same reputation as a Premier League relegation fighting manager: it would be more of a gamble.

I'm just surprised he's not been snapped up by a Championship team. I would guess he's been asked, but is holding out for better.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Pellegrino sacked.

Moose on Talksport says they will now go and get Nuno Santo from Wolverhampton.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hughton is a great promotion manager from the Championship. He hasn't got the same reputation as a Premier League relegation fighting manager: it would be more of a gamble.

I'm just surprised he's not been snapped up by a Championship team. I would guess he's been asked, but is holding out for better.

He's never been relegated as a manager.

Did an amazing job steering us from the Championship drop, and presided over 2 premier league seasons where we were never in the bottom 3.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex

Did an amazing job steering us from the Championship drop, and presided over 2 premier league seasons where we were never in the bottom 3.
I'm not doubting him. But I'd say his reputation generally in football is as a promotion and squad building manager rather than a Premier League manager - whether fairly or unfairly.

I'd like him to just get a Premier job so we could give him the reception he deserves.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

The records confirm that but the evidence suggests that was because Norwich sacked him with 5 to go!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Pellegrino sacked.

Moose on Talksport says they will now go and get Nuno Santo from Wolverhampton.

:lol::lol:

They can go for him. Going and getting him is another matter. Wolves have a credible shot at the Champions' League. West Ham are a basket case followed by the some of the most entitled supporters in the country. Hmm! Where would I go?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:lol::lol:

They can go for him. Going and getting him is another matter. Wolves have a credible shot at the Champions' League. West Ham are a basket case followed by the some of the most entitled supporters in the country. Hmm! Where would I go?

Moose seems to think it would be West Ham.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
West Ham a total basket case club. Good luck to the new man with that stadium, Brady and the Dildo Brothers.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
He was in a table the other day on one of the sports channels as I think 7th worst manager in the PL over the last decade. Based on points per game I think.

Seriously - at Newcastle Ashley spent less than £10million following promotion - Norwich who refuse to spend money (then and now) - and Brighton had a bottom 3 budget. Apart from a couple of games at the start of each season at Norwich and one game at the start of the first PL season at Brighton - Hughton's teams (3 of them) have never been in the relegation zone. For getting promotion with 2 teams from the Championship (and taking over one in their second season in the PL) that is an utterly remarkable achievement - go and look at the record of every single promoted team over the past 10 years and you will see what an achievement it is. Newcastle were 9th when Ashley sacked Hughton - his first season at Norwich they finished 11th and when he was sacked they were 5 points above the relegation zone with five games to play - At Brighton he had a 15th and a 17th finish - and for those last four seasons he was working with a bottom 3 budget. Defying those odds is very impressive.

It is a daft measure of how successful a manager is - over the past 10 years Hughton is one of the longest serving managers in the PL.

The records confirm that but the evidence suggests that was because Norwich sacked him with 5 to go!
Brighton were in a much more precarious position last season than Norwich were - 5 points above relegation with 5 games to go - the Norwich board panicked (Bloom didn't) - and Hughton has always been adamant that he would have kept Norwich up. We don't know if he would have kept them up but we do know that they had been picking up points consistently throughout the season and went into freefall after sacking him.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Danny dyer 500/1
Curbs 50/1

On oddschecker

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here