Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Well said, Tyrone Mings

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Okay one last reply post, just for the mods that love to wrongly ban me. :love:

I quoted the money because the left always sees it as a privilege and the person doesn't deserve it and yet footballers get off lightly and are worshipped. Most on here would say Priti Patel is privileged, I am stating she is NOT in the same league as Mr Mings.

You, of course, are talking total worth, I guarantee Mings has mountains more cash than Patel.

Who has the hardest job? Who has to take the most flak, who are trying to make the country better, it the politician every time, whether you agree or not the heart is in the right place and their main motivation is NOT money.

I would say the same about any sportsman with a high profile and mountain of cash challenging a politician over Twitter, yes and that does include an Albion player having a bop at Starmer.

Politicians have a tough job and it has never been harder, they don't need gobshites like Mings stirring the nation up, watch it run for days now.

What a **** Mings is.

Thankfully we don't seem to have any gobshite players at BHA, or they have the sense to button it.

Repulsive, rancid bullshit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
F**k me that's Tyrone Mings kind of money:-

[tweet]1414848820488384515[/tweet]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I do take your point and I feel freedom of speech is very important and should only be censored if it is hateful etc . Much of the time the liberal elite want to censor views that aren’t hateful they just differ from their own . I just feel that being respectful to a senior govt minister is something that should be encouraged even if you don’t agree with her because she represents our govt .

Absolute garbage. 'Respect' is earned, through actions, not through titles.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well, I don't have the privilege of knowing all her income, so how can I claim that, the same for Mings he probably has his fingers in other pies..

You don't actually know Mings' salary, either.

And I'll concede that there is little way of knowing what Patel's 'other' sources of income amount to, given that we are reliant on her to make them public.

By way of example, when her long-time friend Samir Jassal's company was awarded a £103million government emergency PPE contract without any tender process, after her personal lobbying of Michael Gove on their behalf, she recorded nothing - so we'll all happily conclude that she did so purely for the greater good.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
That's because she's an Uncle Tom and also, she's massive! Geddit? *honks horn*

So you, a white man, (I am guessing, so apologies if I am off the mark). Get to decide how Patel should think and what her politics should be?
How very racist.
It's the same on the worst Tory Poll. Black Asian WTF!?
The message is clear "know your place and think how we expect you to think".
:facepalm:

johanngull

Jul 8, 2015
It's not just Baker lite, unfortunately. The Government set up a royal commission to investigate racial disparities in the UK. When they reported (earlier this year), one of their most prominent findings was the need to focus on the extent to which "individuals and their communities could help themselves through their own agency, rather than wait for invisible external forces to assemble to do the job". In other words, the BAME community should stop whinging about racism, and solve their problems themselves...racial inequality is, after all, the fault of the oppressed, not the oppressor (according to this Government).

I am confident the independent Commission,nearly all of who are from the BAME community will have raised eyebrows at your slightly different slant on what they actually wrote
"As our investigations proceeded, we increasingly felt that an unexplored approach to closing disparity gaps was to examine the extent individuals and their communities could help themselves through their own agency, rather than wait for invisible external forces to assemble to do the job".
and would have definite raised eyebrows at your "in other words" interpretation of what was written.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I do take your point and I feel freedom of speech is very important and should only be censored if it is hateful etc . Much of the time the liberal elite want to censor views that aren’t hateful they just differ from their own . I just feel that being respectful to a senior govt minister is something that should be encouraged even if you don’t agree with her because she represents our govt .

Mings hasn't been disrespectful. It's not disrespectful to call someone out or disagree with them regardless of their position. If anything it's a duty and an act of immense patriotism to point out government hypocrisy that is detrimental to the country. Patel ignored his reasons for going down on one knee, called it gesture politics and said people can make a choice whether to boo, and didn't condemn it, didn't even say whether she would herself or not. Why should she be able to comment on him and his motivations without him being able to respond? And how is anything he said inaccurate or disrespectful? It's a model of restraint and tact.

And "liberal elite" censoring views...maybe on social media from a few people without much profile but by far the most pervasive censoring taking place in the media and public sphere and social media at the moment is silencing and belittling anyone with a socially progressive view - or god forbid, a taste for Greggs vegan sausage rolls, or empathy with mental health - by calling them "woke". It's become the meaningless catch-all term for dismissing anyone and everyone who wants to see a more inclusive and compassionate country. It can be filed alongside "Remoaner" and "Snowflake" and other similar terms as simple phrases to avoid entering debate about uncomfortable realities - again, not the "liberal elite" doing that but they appear far more frequently in the press and mainstream conversation, than, say "gammon" (which is no better).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So you, a white man, (I am guessing, so apologies if I am off the mark). Get to decide how Patel should think and what her politics should be?
How very racist.
It's the same on the worst Tory Poll. Black Asian WTF!?
The message is clear "know your place and think how we expect you to think".
:facepalm:

No the message is "why are you working for someone who calls Muslims pillarboxes and black Africans 'picaninnies with watermelon smiles'"? Also "why do you only support the England players, particularly the BAME ones, when it suits you."

But thanks for asking, my step dad is black and I have lots of black family. Perhaps those dwelling on money should consider the incident when we went to France with them for New Year a few years ago. He was driving a Saab at the time and we were literally the only car pulled over for a customs' check at the Channel Tunnel. I guess, as he had a nice car, he probably should have just accepted it and counted his money?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Do you think pointing out her hypocrisy is hateful, then?

Mings' point wasn't about a difference of opinion, FFS. He was pointing out that she was criticising people's actions when she previously refused to criticise their actions that clearly led to the more serious – and more openly racist – actions.

Nothing disrespectful in that. She started the "gesture politics" game, so she had the choice to keep quiet or respond in a more measured way, but she contradicted herself completely.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
And here in lies the problem we have with online racism, the social media platforms are simply not doing enough. When was the last time you heard racism in the stands( with the exception of the knuckle dragging idiots at Burnley) social media gives everyone a megaphone nowadays,the anonymity gives people the courage to spew vile abuse , when they would not dream of say these things to someone’s face, it needs to stop.
As for the knee taking..do I agree with it? No,The kick out and show racism the red card campaign,in my opinion,were great,also the hope united campaign seems to be really getting the message across. Do I agree with booing the knee? Absolutely not,do I agree with booing national anthems? Absolutely not, it’s the main reason stopped following England,home and away ( yes I am one of the few that witnessed us going 1-0 down to San Marino)
We live in a free, liberal society,like it or not people have the right to agree or disagree, that is where we stand. Social media needs to do more....in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

do you think these two campaigns are great because they are clearly not working?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You don't actually know Mings' salary, either.

And I'll concede that there is little way of knowing what Patel's 'other' sources of income amount to, given that we are reliant on her to make them public.

By way of example, when her long-time friend Samir Jassal's company was awarded a £103million government emergency PPE contract without any tender process, after her personal lobbying of Michael Gove on their behalf, she recorded nothing - so we'll all happily conclude that she did so purely for the greater good.

Not to mention £70K for her eyebrows!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
No no, not all, it is my belief that the events in America,with the Racist murder of George Floyd and the whole BLM movement and consequential riots and criminal damage that has ensued in the UK has divided the nation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

it's the racists dividing a multi-cultural nation, clearly

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here