Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Well said, Tyrone Mings

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just got in to see a day of [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION] rowing backwards at a speed Steve Redgrave would be proud of :dunce:

Almost unrecognisable as the same poster who has specifically posted about the England players taking the knee

The FA and the Premier League have backed themselves into a corner here. If they wanted to commemorate the the death of a career criminal then do it once a year, a bit like November remembrance. By doing it week in week out is tiresome, to say the least. There is no racial inequality in the UK, we are the most tolerant and accepting nation on the planet.
Refreshing to see Italy and Turkey not submit to BLM thuggery.
Won a round of applause in the Buckingham [emoji1319][emoji1319]
I’ve not seen any racial inequality in the UK. We are a very diverse,tolerant and accepting nation..and I’m very proud to be a part of it.
It seems now, Scotland and Croatia will not be grovelling for anti Semitic thugs that desecrate war memorials.
The parliamentary Labour Party and other assorted anti semites will be queuing up for Knee replacement surgery if they carry on grovelling to thugs that desecrate war memorials....

Imagine not having the balls to stand up for what you believe in ???

Last edited:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I have just looked back at the ‘ Taking The Knee’ poll that was on here some time ago.
Broadly speaking, it appeared then that there was only minority support for it continuing.
Doesn’t sound like it reading through the posts on this thread.
Just saying.

They must all have been at the Man City game, because when the players took the knee there was huge applause. It made me proud to be an Albion fan.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Answers in Bold.

As much as I would love to debate this issue, I have a line of others who want to and It won't be happening today as I have more important things to do, in helping people not dividing them for decades.

would you be "stirring the hot pot", if you weren't white?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I do take your point and I feel freedom of speech is very important and should only be censored if it is hateful etc . Much of the time the liberal elite want to censor views that aren’t hateful they just differ from their own . I just feel that being respectful to a senior govt minister is something that should be encouraged even if you don’t agree with her because she represents our govt .

respect is a two-way street tho', you have to earn it

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1414993235911577606[/tweet]

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
"The booing of visiting teams’ national anthems, footage of fans without tickets breaking through barriers to get into Wembley and the online racist abuse of England’s unlucky penalty-takers has made many commentators in continental Europe question notions of English fair play. “Where have the much-vaunted English qualities of fair play, respect and decency gone?” asked the French daily Libération. In an editorial, the newspaper’s foreign editor, Sonia Delesalle-Stolper, wrote: “The England team’s defeat has been sad for the players and for supporters who were enthused by this young, talented team representing a vibrant and diverse nation. Victory would have been beautiful, but this defeat, this violence and racism, put the finger on a bitter truth. How to make oneself hated by all? Through these images, of a minority, certainly, but of a minority that is noisy, too visible and too tolerated. Alcohol does not explain everything.”

[my emphasis]

Once more we let ourselves down. Six of our seven games were at home, and it was impossible for most fans to get to the only away game - but still we disgrace ourselves. And - thanks to the likes of Johnson and Patel - the racism WILL be tolerated, because they know that a good proportion of their political support comes from the far right, and they simply haven't got the courage to stand up to it.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Just got in to see a day of [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION] rowing backwards at a speed Steve Redgrave would be proud of :dunce:

Almost unrecognisable as the same poster who has specifically posted about the England players taking the knee

Imagine not having the balls to stand up for what you believe in ???

Fragile...
...and confused.

johanngull

Jul 8, 2015
The problem is, many organisations and individuals who were "credited" with taking part in the commission fundamentally disagreed with the report. There are organisations listed in the report who simply did NOT contribute!! Even the guy who was head of the race disparity unit criticised the report. Believe it or not, the report actually referred to the slave trade as "the Caribbean Experience"!!

Context is important.

"We want to create a teaching resource that looks at the influence of the UK, particularly during the Empire period.We want to see how Britishness influenced the Commonwealth and local communities, and how the Commonwealth and local communities influenced what we now know as modern
Britain. One great example would be a dictionary or lexicon of well known British words which are Indian in origin. There is a new story about the Caribbean experience which speaks to the slave period not only being about profit and suffering but how culturally African people transformed themselves into a re-modelled African/Britain"

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
What's the point in getting there and then not being honest about it? She's clearly indulged in dog whistle populism. Start of the tournament then call the knee "gesture politics" because it seems that will be popular with the more right leaning of your voters and then try and jump aboard the bandwagon of anti-racism when it seems that, after all, most of the country support Rashford et al and find their abusers disgusting. No wonder Mings called her out.

The country needs honest BAME (and white) politicians, not those who'll say anything for a vote.

Whoah, time to rein in your 'white privilege' and lazy misogynism GB .... (Middle-class white bloke tells Asian woman what her real motivation is and claims she is being dishonest) *tut*

She has been consistent in her view about taking the knee and the BLM protests for many months and it is entirely possible to hold those views and abhor racism/racist online abuse. As usual, this whole debate and thread rapidly descended into abuse (ironic) as soon as someone dared deviate from the only 'correct' opinion ... *sigh*

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Context is important.

"We want to create a teaching resource that looks at the influence of the UK, particularly during the Empire period.We want to see how Britishness influenced the Commonwealth and local communities, and how the Commonwealth and local communities influenced what we now know as modern
Britain. One great example would be a dictionary or lexicon of well known British words which are Indian in origin. There is a new story about the Caribbean experience which speaks to the slave period not only being about profit and suffering but how culturally African people transformed themselves into a re-modelled African/Britain"

This has probably run its course, but I'm now not sure if you're supporting my perspective, or arguing against it? The words you quote surely emphasise what an appalling report it was. Apparently we're now encouraged to look at the slave period positively - as a "new story", entitled "the Caribbean experience". It's pretty obscene if you ask me.

Jan 30, 2008
Ming's earns 3.5m a year, with low responsiblity and doing a job that most would envy.

Patel earns £120,000 a year, with massive responsibility on her shoulders, whipers and spoilt rich kids like Mings want to shut the f##k up, or pull out of football and join a political party.

He is just stoking a smouldering fire and should be accountable to anything that happens as a consequence.

If Mings want to get involved in politics he needs to take a wage cut and join a party.

He's getting private tuition from lineker
Regards
DF

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Whoah, time to rein in your 'white privilege' and lazy misogynism GB .... (Middle-class white bloke tells Asian woman what her real motivation is and claims she is being dishonest) *tut*

She has been consistent in her view about taking the knee and the BLM protests for many months and it is entirely possible to hold those views and abhor racism/racist online abuse. As usual, this whole debate and thread rapidly descended into abuse (ironic) as soon as someone dared deviate from the only 'correct' opinion ... *sigh*

So.....

1) You're assuming I'm middle class. I'm not.
2) You're assuming I write from a white perspective. I've already told that other idiot I have a large black step family and have seen institutional racism in this country first hand - something that Patel as Home Sec should be dealing with, and isn't.
3) It's really not OK, You clearly don't understand Mings' tweet at all. "Dog whistle" is over used on this thread but that's because that's what it is.

Government needs BAME voices, not BAME people. Warsi gets it. That's why she was shunted off to the Lords. Rishi gets it. That's why he stays out of identity politics and carries on with keeping the country afloat (he is, in fact, a BAME Tory I admire). Patel? Not so much. Shameless self-publicising bully unfortunately.

Jan 30, 2008
So you, a white man, (I am guessing, so apologies if I am off the mark). Get to decide how Patel should think and what her politics should be?
How va classic cadeery racist.
It's the same on the worst Tory Poll. Black Asian WTF!?
The message is clear "know your place and think how we expect you to think".
:facepalm:
A classic case of how to be a white Woke person from GB, the gift that keeps on giving
Regards
DF

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
As an Asian woman , it would be very odd if Mrs Patel wasn’t disgusted at racism .

Sounds like because she has a different view on taking the knee to many of the footballers , she has been almost deemed a racist by Mings . That doesn’t sound very fair to me and Mings also needs to show some respect to our Home Secretary and not word his tweet in such a scornful way . He knows she is unlikely to be able to respond directly to him .

Two points.

Tyrone Mings is a pretty average Premier League player, who has pointed out the hypocrisy of the Home Secretary.

Priti Patel is the Home Secretary, who was forced to resign as International development minister for colluding with a foreign Government.
She has also had to settle out of court twice, after being accused of bullying.and her Prime Minister was obliged to cast aside a report the found her to be breaking the Ministerial code for a second time also due to bullying in 3 different departments.

Which one should we show respect?

Also, I have 2 Asian foster sisters and an Asian foster brother. Their parents lost custody of all three kids, this was back in the 60s, when they were both accused of child abuse to the boy. The reason for their abuse, was because Tony was much darker than the 2 younger girls.
All 3 kids came to live with my family, and the parents would not visit if they had to see Tony.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Okay one last reply post, just for the mods that love to wrongly ban me. :love:

I quoted the money because the left always sees it as a privilege and the person doesn't deserve it and yet footballers get off lightly and are worshipped. Most on here would say Priti Patel is privileged, I am stating she is NOT in the same league as Mr Mings.

You, of course, are talking total worth, I guarantee Mings has mountains more cash than Patel.

Who has the hardest job? Who has to take the most flak, who are trying to make the country better, it the politician every time, whether you agree or not the heart is in the right place and their main motivation is NOT money.

I would say the same about any sportsman with a high profile and mountain of cash challenging a politician over Twitter, yes and that does include an Albion player having a bop at Starmer.

Politicians have a tough job and it has never been harder, they don't need gobshites like Mings stirring the nation up, watch it run for days now.

What a **** Mings is.

Thankfully we don't seem to have any gobshite players at BHA, or they have the sense to button it.

You fool.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It is really so simple even [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION] should be capable of understanding it, although I'm not hopeful :dunce:

The England squad took the knee to recognise that racism is still a problem in Britain.

Some people supported them, some people didn't and at best were racism apologists, or at worse racists.

Amongst the second group were, unsurprisingly, [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION], [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION], Priti Patel, [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] (and his other 4 accounts), [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION], Boris Johnson, [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] (had he not been banned for racism numerous times) and I'm sure I've missed a few out, but I have had a glass of wine and, quite frankly, can't be arsed.

Any middle ground would be, at best, debateable, but it would certainly seem that on NSC, at least there is nobody capable of defining any 'middle ground'.

So it's really very simple, Anti Racist or Pro Racist, which side do you sit on ? ???

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

I haven't seen any abuse of any poster's on this thread - not unless you are too sensitive from using too much clinique moisturiser, there is a bit of that going around.

Anyway, back to Patel, she didn't limit her comment to taking the knee though, she ACCUSED the England players of 'gesture politics', regardless of the gesture, she was looking to undermine their integrity for doing something they clearly believe in.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
i don't understand what motivated her to do this, the dog whistle to win a brownie point with the boss; but this was bound to comeback on her, why stick your oar in? :moo:

The words 'bully' and 'last word' come to mind. Very possibly done in a temper without awareness of the backlash that would follow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here