Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Well said, Tyrone Mings

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Of course Priti Patel is not racist; the issue is that she is a racist facilitator and as a senior politician she knew exactly what she was doing when she said the anti-racism protest amounted to “gesture politics” and dodged a question about whether she would boo herself.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Now Johnson is not going to invite the England squad to a reception at Number 10.
They’re saying it’s so he can concentrate on his’Levelling up’ speech.

I would hate to think the real reason was they knew the England squad would refuse to go.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Of course Priti Patel is not racist; the issue is that she is a racist facilitator and as a senior politician she knew exactly what she was doing when she said the anti-racism protest amounted to “gesture politics” and dodged a question about whether she would boo herself.

Why do you say Patel isn’t a racist?
Is it because she’s an Asian, you believe she couldn’t be racist against Afro Caribbean’s ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Like any senior member of The Rotter’s club, she’ll say whatever it takes to lander to the Tory voter and keep the gravy train rolling along.
It’ll derail at some point. This level of corruption isn’t sustainable. Nothing will happen to these ********s. They’ll scuttle off onto that consultancy and after dinner scene with their (our) millions and occasionally pop up on opinion programs with some irrelevant opinion about black people/food banks/the working class.

I hope for the day I see Boris Johnson on some late night news review show, plonked on an armless settee like 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag, and I can say “man, I remember when he was PM, how did that happen”?!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
They must all have been at the Man City game, because when the players took the knee there was huge applause. It made me proud to be an Albion fan.

Fair enough, but the fact remains that in the poll, approximately 30% of voters thought that there was no place for TTK in football and a further 40% had no objection to it, but thought the time had come for it to end. The remainder wanted it to continue.
This has not been reflected in this discussion, so what has happened? Have people changed their minds or are they just keeping their heads down for fear of being called racist.
Just for the record, I was in the majority camp that reckoned it was time for it to end, but I really have no strong feelings about it.However, I do object to the few posts on here that suggest those who want it to end are racist.
P.S. I do think that our Home Secretary is exceedingly clumsy with words and as my old man would have said, is not ‘ over gifted’.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
I have only read the opening post so please forgive me if I repeat what has already been said. I personally think Tyrone Mings is a prat, as well as having Lewis Dunks shirt at the Euros. I do not support taking the knee, and if it continues at the Amex I won't boo, but I will turn my back as my protest of disapproval. I do not believe a sporting arena like a football ground is a place for mass protest, it is a place for a sport where everyone is equal. In my eyes the only occasion when grounds should be involved in anything other than sport is November 11th. Before the lynch mob starts sharpening their pitchforks I do not agree with any form of discrimination, be it race, religion, gender or anything else you can think of, I treat all I meet the same. By the same token I do not jump on a bandwagon screaming racist like many on here, just because I disagree with something said.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Fair enough, but the fact remains that in the poll, approximately 30% of voters thought that there was no place for TTK in football and a further 40% had no objection to it, but thought the time had come for it to end. The remainder wanted it to continue.
This has not been reflected in this discussion, so what has happened? Have people changed their minds or are they just keeping their heads down for fear of being called racist.
Just for the record, I was in the majority camp that reckoned it was time for it to end, but I really have no strong feelings about it.However, I do object to the few posts on here that suggest those who want it to end are racist.
P.S. I do think that our Home Secretary is exceedingly clumsy with words and as my old man would have said, is not ‘ over gifted’.

I don't understand why you're linking an NSC poll with this discussion?

The England players continue to take the knee - isn't it kind of irrelevant whether some voted whether they should or not? As you have said, you think they should stop, but that doesn't mean you actually mind their decision to continue.

There is a huge difference to having an opinion it should stop, and objecting to them taking the knee. Same as there is a huge difference to believing it is not the right form of protest/action and suggesting that those doing it are engaged in 'gesture politics'.

I'm surprised you're more objectionable to a few posts that suggest people wanting TTK to end are racist (I've not seen those) than the posts that are sailing as close to the wind as a forum moderator could allow to articulate actual racist views.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I have only read the opening post so please forgive me if I repeat what has already been said. I personally think Tyrone Mings is a prat, as well as having Lewis Dunks shirt at the Euros. I do not support taking the knee, and if it continues at the Amex I won't boo, but I will turn my back as my protest of disapproval. I do not believe a sporting arena like a football ground is a place for mass protest, it is a place for a sport where everyone is equal. In my eyes the only occasion when grounds should be involved in anything other than sport is November 11th. Before the lynch mob starts sharpening their pitchforks I do not agree with any form of discrimination, be it race, religion, gender or anything else you can think of, I treat all I meet the same. By the same token I do not jump on a bandwagon screaming racist like many on here, just because I disagree with something said.

So let me get this straight...

You do not believe any sporting arena like a football ground is a place for mass protest.

BUT you're going to turn your back as your protest of disapproval.

I can only applaud your open and blatant hypocrisy. Maybe get a T-Shirt done while your at it! :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I have just looked back at the ‘ Taking The Knee’ poll that was on here some time ago.
Broadly speaking, it appeared then that there was only minority support for it continuing.
Doesn’t sound like it reading through the posts on this thread.
Just saying.

You mean the poll with options so ludicrously skewed and one-eyed that a large number of us (including me) didn’t vote in it?

That poll?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Context is important.

"We want to create a teaching resource that looks at the influence of the UK, particularly during the Empire period.We want to see how Britishness influenced the Commonwealth and local communities, and how the Commonwealth and local communities influenced what we now know as modern
Britain. One great example would be a dictionary or lexicon of well known British words which are Indian in origin. There is a new story about the Caribbean experience which speaks to the slave period not only being about profit and suffering but how culturally African people transformed themselves into a re-modelled African/Britain"

The context makes it sound even ****ing worse! :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

The poll was clearly bollocks, called out as such at the time in the thread, and ignored by the vast majority of people with a brain.

I was at the game. There was massive support for anti-racism, and very little racist booing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
it is a place for a sport where everyone is equal.

If you truly believe this, then you support the taking of the knee. It is a knee for equality, and anti discrimination. Nothing more, nothing less.

D

Deleted member 2719

Well said that man.
The thing is when you get a group of nasty hate filled placard wavers angry, they just go off their heads.
Most of them just need to pop their heads out of their bubble take a few deep breath have a look around and use some logic.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Well said that man.
The thing is when you get a group of nasty hate filled placard wavers angry, they just go off their heads.
Most of them just need to pop their heads out of their bubble take a few deep breath have a look around and use some logic.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

You might want to take a bit of your own advice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Did you protest against Archer & Bellotti? I believe they took place in a football ground.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Why do you say Patel isn’t a racist?
Is it because she’s an Asian, you believe she couldn’t be racist against Afro Caribbean’s ?

Good point.
She might well be, I don't know.
I believe she has often been on the receiving end of it and in that respect she should certainly be a little more emotionally intelligent. But I think it's more likely her agenda is to please her racist boss. Just speculating of course.... but what is undoubtedly true is that her behaviour generally is disgraceful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here