nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Do you think pointing out her hypocrisy is hateful, then?

Mings' point wasn't about a difference of opinion, FFS. He was pointing out that she was criticising people's actions when she previously refused to criticise their actions that clearly led to the more serious – and more openly racist – actions.

Nothing disrespectful in that. She started the "gesture politics" game, so she had the choice to keep quiet or respond in a more measured way, but she contradicted herself completely.

No obviously it’s not hateful . I just think you can disagree with the continued taking of the knee and still despise racism - the two are not intrinsically linked .

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I have just looked back at the ‘ Taking The Knee’ poll that was on here some time ago.
Broadly speaking, it appeared then that there was only minority support for it continuing.
Doesn’t sound like it reading through the posts on this thread.
Just saying.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
No obviously it’s not hateful . I just think you can disagree with the continued taking of the knee and still despise racism - the two are not intrinsically linked .

She didn't just disagree though. Patel actually threw back at the players that it was 'gesture politics' – that really was belittling what they were doing, she could disagree without being so hostile - and that rhetoric is a bit hostile, especially backed up with you see nothing wrong if people want to boo the players doing it. Think if you take a step back it's understandable that she comes straight out with how disgusted she is with the abuse they've received, they're a little bit 'well, that's not what you said 4 weeks ago'.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Ming's earns 3.5m a year, with low responsiblity and doing a job that most would envy.

Patel earns £120,000 a year, with massive responsibility on her shoulders, whipers and spoilt rich kids like Mings want to shut the f##k up, or pull out of football and join a political party.

He is just stoking a smouldering fire and should be accountable to anything that happens as a consequence.

If Mings want to get involved in politics he needs to take a wage cut and join a party.

are you saying that if mings continues to exercise his right to free speech, campaigning against racism, that the pissed up, coked up, edl will attack the police again?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
If the players are happy to continue taking the knee in support of BLM, they should continue to do so. I would much prefer a different approach and I don’t agree with Kneeling to such a divisive movement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

it's uniting right minded people against racists and apologists, it's all good, init?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
i think the answer may well be, "more than me"

Well he's drowning in high end verve Clinique apparently so it probably is only footballers and the sort of politicians who get to hand out contracts to their mates.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I beg your pardon? I’m not defending anything, I believe social media platforms need to get their house in order,the anonymity it offers these trolls need to stop,on all sides of this very divided shit storm.

How about supporting Tyrone MIngs then?

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
She probably is disgusted at racism and at no point did Mings even infer SHE is racist.

He said "& then pretend to be disgusted when the very thing we’re campaigning against, happens (racism).
So he's saying she is pretending to be disgusted with racism.
Which means he thinks she isn't disgusted with racism.
Someone who isn't disgusted with racism is presumably, a racist.
So yes he is inferring she is racist.

I don't like Priti Patel as a politician but I suspect an Asian woman in her position has encountered significant racism and sexism herself. Ironically isn't Priti Patel herself (not her politics) a symbol of the sort of changes in society that Mings wants (rightly)?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He said "& then pretend to be disgusted when the very thing we’re campaigning against, happens (racism).
So he's saying she is pretending to be disgusted with racism.
Which means he thinks she isn't disgusted with racism.
Someone who isn't disgusted with racism is presumably, a racist.
So yes he is inferring she is racist.

I don't like Priti Patel as a politician but I suspect an Asian woman in her position has encountered significant racism and sexism herself. Ironically isn't Priti Patel herself (not her politics) a symbol of the sort of changes in society that Mings wants (rightly)?

What's the point in getting there and then not being honest about it? She's clearly indulged in dog whistle populism. Start of the tournament then call the knee "gesture politics" because it seems that will be popular with the more right leaning of your voters and then try and jump aboard the bandwagon of anti-racism when it seems that, after all, most of the country support Rashford et al and find their abusers disgusting. No wonder Mings called her out.

The country needs honest BAME (and white) politicians, not those who'll say anything for a vote.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
She directly called the players out saying that something they believed in was 'gesture politics', and refused to condemn the players being booed because of it saying about the fans booing 'That's a choice for them, quite frankly'.

Priti can't have it both ways, if it's a choice for the fans to boo their well intentioned show of solidarity for equality, then it's a choice for a footballer to criticise her if she so wishes.

As for stoking a smouldering fire, the Home Secretary would have been better served not making comment on the matter in the first place, and certainly not criticising the nation's football team.

i don't understand what motivated her to do this, the dog whistle to win a brownie point with the boss; but this was bound to comeback on her, why stick your oar in? :moo:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
i don't understand what motivated her to do this, the dog whistle to win a brownie point with the boss; but this was bound to comeback on her, why stick your oar in? :moo:

You've answered your question before you even asked it.

In much the same way Elphicke knew she could say what she did.
Christ even Hancock thought he was safe with Boris running the show (and he nearly was)

Shameless opportunism, nobody can be surprised and yet seemingly people are.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Booing and disagreeing are not the same. I can (sort of) understand why some people disagree because they believe sport and politics don’t mix, but booing to get that across. Nah that makes you a dick at the very least.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I am confident the independent Commission,nearly all of who are from the BAME community will have raised eyebrows at your slightly different slant on what they actually wrote
"As our investigations proceeded, we increasingly felt that an unexplored approach to closing disparity gaps was to examine the extent individuals and their communities could help themselves through their own agency, rather than wait for invisible external forces to assemble to do the job".
and would have definite raised eyebrows at your "in other words" interpretation of what was written.

The problem is, many organisations and individuals who were "credited" with taking part in the commission fundamentally disagreed with the report. There are organisations listed in the report who simply did NOT contribute!! Even the guy who was head of the race disparity unit criticised the report. Believe it or not, the report actually referred to the slave trade as "the Caribbean Experience"!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here