Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Well said, Tyrone Mings

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have not read this thread, so are you claiming Patel is a racist?

Answer the question - [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION] has asked the same so now that's two mods eager to hear your explanation of exactly how much money to the penny you need before you should shut up about racism.

Patel, by the way, is worth at least £2.2 million and that's just what she's disclosed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
quite interesting all of it.

Since the BLM started , the most vocal against it from my colleagues have been those with Indian heritage.

Really strange when they themselves prob grown up in the UK with issues .

As an Asian woman , it would be very odd if Mrs Patel wasn’t disgusted at racism .

Sounds like because she has a different view on taking the knee to many of the footballers , she has been almost deemed a racist by Mings . That doesn’t sound very fair to me and Mings also needs to show some respect to our Home Secretary and not word his tweet in such a scornful way . He knows she is unlikely to be able to respond directly to him .

The Indian culture is very much based on the caste system, where the highest are Brahmin and the lowest the Untouchables.

Ms Patel’s parent got very involved with UKIP, with her father standing as a candidate

Taking the knee goes right back to Martin Luther King in the 60s, and was probably a thing even before that.
Calling it lefty, woke or Marxist is copycatting social media posts which are shared round and round ad infinitum.

It’s laughable or it would be if black people weren’t being discriminated against everyday. I caught part of a radio4 broadcast this morning, where a man was saying 1 in 3 black youths get expelled from school. In his instance, he hadn’t done anything wrong. He was saying he wanted more black teachers in schools, which would help.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have a feeling this is going to be a long season ahead, football mixed with politics or religion are never a good mix aka Rangers & Celtic, feels like we are heading to something similar with the divide and unrest.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
I have several issues with the Overall Racist/European Championship/Footballers are Saints gig.
Firstly Racism is abhorrent and the abuse online or other is cowardly and should be stopped and punished.
By all means challenge those who make comments but give them the opportunity to clarify their stance or their meaning. Patel that is not the racists.
You don't have to agree on everything but see point one.
If you are in the public eye and shout look at me expect a few comments back.
You can be a very decent human being and be a good footballer you don't have to be a good footballer to be a decent human being. If you have a lot of money and time you can promote yourself as being special to an audience that wants to like you.
There is a very fine line between hero/villain in football it comes with the job.
I'm not unpatriotic or a racist because i don't think that someone who falls over for a living in an non Albion shirt is a Legend just because he falls over for England.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
The sport and politics don't mix option disappeared some time ago. We have many clever and articulate men and women sports people who want to be heard for their beliefs and vision. Nothing wrong with that. Those trying to mangle this thread are doing so because their arguments don't work anymore.

D

Deleted member 2719

Not sure where to start with this garbage. But a few initial thoughts...

1. If you think that Patel benefits from her position 'only' to the tune of her minister's salary, then you are extremely naïve indeed.

Well, I don't have the privilege of knowing all her income, so how can I claim that, the same for Mings he probably has his fingers in other pies.

2. Since when, were only career politicians, allowed to have or share, views on social issues?

I didn't say that, but if you have over 3 times the followers as a pro footballer, you can stir the shit and the following sheep will lap it up.
It served no purpose but racial divide for him to get involved, he should be out on the golf course and glugging back verve Clinique at the 19th.

3. Why is it that Tyrone Mings is 'not allowed' to make his position clear, yet seemingly YOU are?

:shrug:
I can assure you if I was in his position I would not be stirring up the hotpot that is the racial divide, it makes no sense, does he really think Patel is a racist?

Answers in Bold.

As much as I would love to debate this issue, I have a line of others who want to and It won't be happening today as I have more important things to do, in helping people not dividing them for decades.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
As an Asian woman , it would be very odd if Mrs Patel wasn’t disgusted at racism .

Sounds like because she has a different view on taking the knee to many of the footballers , she has been almost deemed a racist by Mings . That doesn’t sound very fair to me and Mings also needs to show some respect to our Home Secretary and not word his tweet in such a scornful way . He knows she is unlikely to be able to respond directly to him .

She probably is disgusted at racism and at no point did Mings even infer SHE is racist. He's calling out her hypocrisy or – at best – lack of foresight.

And why should he '...not word his tweet in such a scornful way'? The 'right' are constantly banging on about freedom of speech, surely that's all Mings has done.

If she didn't chime in with her follow up, post-final 'shocked and appalled' tweet, he wouldn't have said anything, would he? If anything, her response to the situation – as well as her posing and 'celebrating' an England goal is her beloved "gesture politics" as she believes "takin' a knee" is.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The sport and politics don't mix option disappeared some time ago. We have many clever and articulate men and women sports people who want to be heard for their beliefs and vision. Nothing wrong with that. Those trying to mangle this thread are doing so because their arguments don't work anymore.

It was never there to begin with. Its always been a myth.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
She probably is disgusted at racism and at no point did Mings even infer SHE is racist. He's calling out her hypocrisy or – at best – lack of foresight.

And why should he '...not word his tweet in such a scornful way'? The 'right' are constantly banging on about freedom of speech, surely that's all Mings has done.

If she didn't chime in with her follow up, post-final 'shocked and appalled' tweet, he wouldn't have said anything, would he? If anything, her response to the situation – as well as her posing and 'celebrating' an England goal is her beloved "gesture politics" as she believes "takin' a knee" is.

I do take your point and I feel freedom of speech is very important and should only be censored if it is hateful etc . Much of the time the liberal elite want to censor views that aren’t hateful they just differ from their own . I just feel that being respectful to a senior govt minister is something that should be encouraged even if you don’t agree with her because she represents our govt .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
It was never there to begin with. Its always been a myth.

Sport and politics have always mixed for good and bad. Whether it was the boycotts of South Africa or the 1984 and 1980 Olympics, salutes on the podium in '68, Hitler's Olympics and the saluting before football matches or using sports people as ambassadors for causes, it's been going on forever and always will.

Everything mixes with politics. There's office politics, food politics (e.g. to vegan or not vegan, thus shopping and politics mix), car politics (electric, hybrid, diesel, no car at all?) and identity politics. Fairly much everything we do has a political meaning if you look for it.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I have a feeling this is going to be a long season ahead, football mixed with politics or religion are never a good mix aka Rangers & Celtic, feels like we are heading to something similar with the divide and unrest.

It sounds like you feel that football is causing unrest in the wider world, whereas I think the division is already there, and football has the balls to call it out, and challenge it.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
It sounds like you feel that football is causing unrest in the wider world, whereas I think the division is already there, and football has the balls to call it out, and challenge it.

Completely agree. Think far from divided, football grounds around the country will be united behind the players and a fight for equality. A few morons will boo, but they will be drowned out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1414920467329306625[/tweet]

D

Deleted member 2719

Answer the question - [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION] has asked the same so now that's two mods eager to hear your explanation of exactly how much money to the penny you need before you should shut up about racism.

Patel, by the way, is worth at least £2.2 million and that's just what she's disclosed.

Okay one last reply post, just for the mods that love to wrongly ban me. :love:

I quoted the money because the left always sees it as a privilege and the person doesn't deserve it and yet footballers get off lightly and are worshipped. Most on here would say Priti Patel is privileged, I am stating she is NOT in the same league as Mr Mings.

You, of course, are talking total worth, I guarantee Mings has mountains more cash than Patel.

Who has the hardest job? Who has to take the most flak, who are trying to make the country better, it the politician every time, whether you agree or not the heart is in the right place and their main motivation is NOT money.

I would say the same about any sportsman with a high profile and mountain of cash challenging a politician over Twitter, yes and that does include an Albion player having a bop at Starmer.

Politicians have a tough job and it has never been harder, they don't need gobshites like Mings stirring the nation up, watch it run for days now.

What a **** Mings is.

Thankfully we don't seem to have any gobshite players at BHA, or they have the sense to button it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Okay one last reply post, just for the mods that love to wrongly ban me. :love:

I quoted the money because the left always sees it as a privilege and the person doesn't deserve it and yet footballers get off lightly and are worshipped. Most on here would say Priti Patel is privileged, I am stating she is NOT in the same league as Mr Mings.

You, of course, are talking total worth, I guarantee Mings has mountains more cash than Patel.

Who has the hardest job? Who has to take the most flak, who are trying to make the country better, it the politician every time, whether you agree or not the heart is in the right place and their main motivation is NOT money.

I would say the same about any sportsman with a high profile and mountain of cash challenging a politician over Twitter, yes and that does include an Albion player having a bop at Starmer.

Politicians have a tough job and it has never been harder, they don't need gobshites like Mings stirring the nation up, watch it run for days now.

What a **** Mings is.

Thankfully we don't seem to have any gobshite players at BHA, or they have the sense to button it.

You've not answered the question. Have you been at the verve Clinique?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What came first?

Ms Patel taking most of the flak?

Or

Ms Patel constantly putting herself in a position for taking flak?

One of life's unanswerable questions.

...Oh no hang on a minute it's pretty f**king simple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here