Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Well said, Tyrone Mings

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I’m fortunate enough to be employed by one of the most diverse companies in the country, at meal breaks and down time we all sit down and generally have adult conversation with no nasty comments, I’m quite clearly a white male, talking to my Black friends,Asian friends,the general consensus is that since the murder of Floyd and the BLM movement making its way across the pond,relations have bee strained, it is true,in the past the relationship between the BAME community and the old Bill have been bad, it has improved massively in the last few decades, but now seems to be taking a step back again,these are the conversations I’m having with my friends..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you share videos created by racists with your black and asian friends too? Or is the above just the usual, relentless bullshit?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
It’s always been there. Anyone who thinks otherwise is sadly mistaken. Due to the reaction in the US to sportsman taking the knee, every closet racist in the uk has felt empowered to act like a ****. The only upside is that many of those hidden away behind a front of respectability have now stuck their heads over the parapet.
This government realise that much of their support comes from this delightful element of the UK and so condemning it would greatly affect their future prospects. Contemptible but unsurprising.

Working in London since the late 90s, and since the Murder of Stephen Lawrence, I ,all be it as a white male have seen a dramatic improvement between the Met and the BAME community..and so have my friends,I’m only relaying what I see and hear.
With the growth of social media and the anonymity it brings, it is rearing it’s ugly head unfortunately.
As I stated right at the top of the thread,look no further than the threats and abuse Maupay received from that lunatic in Singapore..(been there)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can’t be doing with James O’Brien,what is the main crux of his show?

So you're not willing to engage in respectful debate. Shame, but understood.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I mean, that's a completely different take to what you previously posted, but sure, blame the anti-racists for increased racism.

It's not just Baker lite, unfortunately. The Government set up a royal commission to investigate racial disparities in the UK. When they reported (earlier this year), one of their most prominent findings was the need to focus on the extent to which "individuals and their communities could help themselves through their own agency, rather than wait for invisible external forces to assemble to do the job". In other words, the BAME community should stop whinging about racism, and solve their problems themselves...racial inequality is, after all, the fault of the oppressed, not the oppressor (according to this Government).

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Do you share videos created by racists with your black and asian friends too? Or is the above just the usual, relentless bullshit?

Are you referring to the Labour MP that was stopped and searched by the Met, I was under the impression the MP herself posted the video,that and the officers body cam footage?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Are you referring to the Labour MP that was stopped and searched by the Met, I was under the impression the MP herself posted the video,that and the officers body cam footage?

I'm referring to the version of that video that you posted on here. As you well know. The fact that you try and act the innocent says it all about you and that nothing you post on here should be believed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can’t be doing with O’Brian..sorry.

I'd wager you have called others snowflakes, yet you cannot handle hearing an opposing viewpoint.

Fine, I'll ask it myself.

Who do you think we should listen to, as to why the players are taking the knee? The players themselves who have made the decision, or people from an opposing viewpoint? Pretty simple question. Do what you can to stick to the question and not go into whataboutery, if possible please. Want to see if we can have a good faith debate here.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
So we're all taking the knee first game back right?
Obviously a bit tricky with the seating but possible for those of us with a little life left in the knees.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's not just Baker lite, unfortunately. The Government set up a royal commission to investigate racial disparities in the UK. When they reported (earlier this year), one of their most prominent findings was the need to focus on the extent to which "individuals and their communities could help themselves through their own agency, rather than wait for invisible external forces to assemble to do the job". In other words, the BAME community should stop whinging about racism, and solve their problems themselves...racial inequality is, after all, the fault of the oppressed, not the oppressor (according to this Government).

Also, according to someone on here, racism doesn't really count if you're black but have money. Although he was unable to say what the precise fiscal limit on being affected by racism was.

D

Deleted member 2719

Ming's earns 3.5m a year, with low responsiblity and doing a job that most would envy.

Patel earns £120,000 a year, with massive responsibility on her shoulders, whipers and spoilt rich kids like Mings want to shut the f##k up, or pull out of football and join a political party.

He is just stoking a smouldering fire and should be accountable to anything that happens as a consequence.

If Mings want to get involved in politics he needs to take a wage cut and join a party.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Jesus,Mary,Joseph and the wee Donkey,

That's a very Catholic expression for a non practicing Jew to use.

(For the record, could not give a blind cobblers where you live,what you do or who you are)
On a side note, this place seems a lot more civilised don’t you think? Since Bozzas Clamp down (pardon the pun) about name calling.

Good, so we won't need to have a "little chat" at your seat or anywhere else, will we, since I'd probably rather spend my pre and post match cleaning the North Stand bogs than shooting the breeze with a moron.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Also, according to someone on here, racism doesn't really count if you're black but have money. Although he was unable to say what the precise fiscal limit on being affected by racism was.

Ming's earns 3.5m a year, with low responsiblity and doing a job that most would envy.

Patel earns £120,000 a year, with massive responsibility on her shoulders, whipers and spoilt rich kids like Mings want to shut the f##k up, or pull out of football and join a political party.

He is just stoking a smouldering fire and should be accountable to anything that happens as a consequence.

If Mings want to get involved in politics he needs to take a wage cut and join a party.

Christ. I wasn't even referring to you. Still, let's see if you can do better than Ferg. How much money do you need before racism doesn't affect you? I mean precisely - not just "a lot".

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Just getting back to what Tyrone Mings tweeted for a second, whilst I think he is correct to say that there is contradiction in Priti Patel's statements, I don't think it is fair to say that she is pretending to be disgusted at racism.

As an Asian woman , it would be very odd if Mrs Patel wasn’t disgusted at racism .

Sounds like because she has a different view on taking the knee to many of the footballers , she has been almost deemed a racist by Mings . That doesn’t sound very fair to me and Mings also needs to show some respect to our Home Secretary and not word his tweet in such a scornful way . He knows she is unlikely to be able to respond directly to him .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So we're all taking the knee first game back right?
Obviously a bit tricky with the seating but possible for those of us with a little life left in the knees.

At least we know what the loudest stadium noise will be for the 21/22 season...

... The groan as we all attempt to get back up again.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I'd wager you have called others snowflakes, yet you cannot handle hearing an opposing viewpoint.

Fine, I'll ask it myself.

Who do you think we should listen to, as to why the players are taking the knee? The players themselves who have made the decision, or people from an opposing viewpoint? Pretty simple question. Do what you can to stick to the question and not go into whataboutery, if possible please. Want to see if we can have a good faith debate here.

If the players are happy to continue taking the knee in support of BLM, they should continue to do so. I would much prefer a different approach and I don’t agree with Kneeling to such a divisive movement.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

The absolute state of this, it really beggars belieief, I'm hoping it's not to be taken seriously?

:ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here