Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Well said, Tyrone Mings

johanngull

Jul 8, 2015
quite interesting all of it.

Since the BLM started , the most vocal against it from my colleagues have been those with Indian heritage.

Really strange when they themselves prob grown up in the UK with issues .

Indians can be racist too

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Mings is spot on. However much I hate politics in sport it’s a fact of life now.

It’s also sad that the tournament has ended like this. I also feel that Southgate is now getting a far easier ride than he deserved after Sunday’s multiple man-management **** ups.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Yep, there was no racism or division in the country before George Floyd was murdered. None whatsoever. Zero. Zilch.

We were all one big happy multicultural family.

I’m fortunate enough to be employed by one of the most diverse companies in the country, at meal breaks and down time we all sit down and generally have adult conversation with no nasty comments, I’m quite clearly a white male, talking to my Black friends,Asian friends,the general consensus is that since the murder of Floyd and the BLM movement making its way across the pond,relations have bee strained, it is true,in the past the relationship between the BAME community and the old Bill have been bad, it has improved massively in the last few decades, but now seems to be taking a step back again,these are the conversations I’m having with my friends..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't agree with the 'ignore' function.
I don't agree with the banning of 'law abiding' trolls.

If such posters are happy to dilute their inner monologue to a just passable level then crack on.

Quite why anyone feels almost obliged to respond to someone who only ever posts racially inappropriate bile is completely beyond me.

Do they think they can 'cure' him? - They can't.
Do they think they become racist if they don't reply? - They don't.
Do they think others needs help spotting a racist comment? - We don't.

I'm pretty sure a high percentage of NSC wouldn't spend longer than 1 minute in a pub with BL if, IF, his opinions here are just a watered down, Mod acceptable, version of the real thing.

Yet there are posters who have had a 4+ year 'relationship' with him here, just to get to this point in time now - ie nowhere.

:lolol: Fair enough. I have personal reasons for using the ignore function related to my mental make up, so what works for me may not be appropriate for others. But I can only see it from my point of view ???:mad::drool:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’m fortunate enough to be employed by one of the most diverse companies in the country, at meal breaks and down time we all sit down and generally have adult conversation with no nasty comments, I’m quite clearly a white male, talking to my Black friends,Asian friends,the general consensus is that since the murder of Floyd and the BLM movement making its way across the pond,relations have bee strained, it is true,in the past the relationship between the BAME community and the old Bill have been bad, it has improved massively in the last few decades, but now seems to be taking a step back again,these are the conversations I’m having with my friends..

I'm delighted you are having conversations with your friends. I would imagine that your friends would also say things have been strained because despite lots of lovely words, nothing has really changed. Unlike your company, in most companies seeing black and asian leaders inside businesses is still very uncommon, despite a few visible exceptions. Maybe you'll agree that it is different outside your business.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Discussed elsewhere but he's spot on.

Patel and others in HMG are craven opportunists.

"Some say taking the knee is right and others say it is political and wrong. Both views are acceptable"

Bollocks are they.

Agreed. There is no way you can say taking the knee is "wrong". You either do it or not do it, but if you do it you are not wrong. It is an expression of support. How can an expression of support ever be deemed wrong.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Loves the sound of his own voice ,self entitled remoaner who hasn't moved on some would say 'king of the Woke '
Regards
DF

Your post shows how so many people cannot apparently respect the views of others. You probably voted leave in the referendum? If so that was your free choice and it doesn't mean I have to call you thick or a 'gammon'.

The widespread lack of respect and calculated divisiveness is a huge problem in our society imo.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Just getting back to what Tyrone Mings tweeted for a second, whilst I think he is correct to say that there is contradiction in Priti Patel's statements, I don't think it is fair to say that she is pretending to be disgusted at racism.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Just getting back to what Tyrone Mings tweeted for a second, whilst I think he is correct to say that there is contradiction in Priti Patel's statements, I don't think it is fair to say that she is pretending to be disgusted at racism.

Unfortunately, we are not inside her head. I have no doubt somewhere she is disgusted at racism. She is also playing a political game and will say what needs to be said to stay at the top of the tree. Alternatively, she feels insulated from real racism now as she feels that she moves in different circles. Either way, she constantly plays a duplicitous and dangerous game. Now, she is being found out. Perhaps it is time for her to decide which side she is on.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Loves the sound of his own voice ,self entitled remoaner who hasn't moved on some would say 'king of the Woke '
Regards
DF

Whereas you are the ‘king of the gammons’ …. But you do have one thing in common … you just love the sound of your own ‘voice’.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I mean, that's a completely different take to what you previously posted, but sure, blame the anti-racists for increased racism.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
https://t.co/DVE4uN1e1e?amp=1
And the shock waves continue
Regards
DF

Not exactly shock waves. If I'd booked a comedian who tweeted 'the white guys scored and the black guys missed' as a way of stirring his own political agenda, then I'd cancel him. My stage, don't want him there. He hasn't got anything constructive to say on the issue, so get off the stage.

Jan 30, 2008
Your post shows how so many people cannot apparently respect the views of others. You probably voted leave in the referendum? If so that was your free choice and it doesn't mean I have to call you thick or a 'gammon'.

The widespread lack of respect and calculated divisiveness is a huge problem in our society imo.
No you haven't but it's the default setting for the usual suspects on here :thumbsup:
Regards
DF

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

It’s always been there. Anyone who thinks otherwise is sadly mistaken. Due to the reaction in the US to sportsman taking the knee, every closet racist in the uk has felt empowered to act like a ****. The only upside is that many of those hidden away behind a front of respectability have now stuck their heads over the parapet.
This government realise that much of their support comes from this delightful element of the UK and so condemning it would greatly affect their future prospects. Contemptible but unsurprising.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
You quoted a post that had part of my address in.

Jesus,Mary,Joseph and the wee Donkey, we all use the quote function...how would I know it contained part of your address?
(For the record, could not give a blind cobblers where you live,what you do or who you are)
On a side note, this place seems a lot more civilised don’t you think? Since Bozzas Clamp down (pardon the pun) about name calling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here