Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Facilitating is making an action easy or easier. So by definition that's exactly what the Lifeboats are doing.

Again, I respectfully disagree. I don’t think they do make the traffickers job easier. The traffickers will load those boats up and send them off in the same number, regardless of the existence of the RNLI.
By the time the passengers are on their way, the traffickers have been paid and don’t care what happens to them.
Those bound for modern slavery would not reach that fate once rescued by the RNLI as they would go into safeguarded accommodation.
In short, I don’t believe the RNLI affects the traffickers operation one way or the other.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Again, I respectfully disagree. I don’t think they do make the traffickers job easier. The traffickers will load those boats up and send them off in the same number, regardless of the existence of the RNLI.
By the time the passengers are on their way, the traffickers have been paid and don’t care what happens to them.
Those bound for modern slavery would not reach that fate once rescued by the RNLI as they would go into safeguarded accommodation.
In short, I don’t believe the RNLI affects the traffickers operation one way or the other.

I agree with most of that tbf

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I agree with most of that tbf

The one way I could see it helping is that the traffickers could use it as an assurance for potential passengers. “Don’t worry, if you get into trouble they will rescue you”
But I guess by the time they get to crossing the channel, they’re coming over, come what may.
A sorry state of affairs all round.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Facilitating is making an action easy or easier. So by definition that's exactly what the Lifeboats are doing.

Jeez, look what they've done to you.....

piedpiper.gif

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Here we are in agreement, the RNLI are a proud,brave and selfless set of volunteers,they will always go to those in peril on the sea, the criminals know this,the human trafficking scum knows this, the pathetic excuse of an organisation called border force know this, these brave men and women will be stretched to their limits in the coming weeks and months as more and more criminals try to enter the UK illegally. Those of you who don’t already, I URGE you to donate to the RNLI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

who is responsible for the "pathetic" border force?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
No, he is very careful, but the message did include something along the lines of "People are wondering, is this something I want to give money to?". It's one of his tricks, don't say it outright, don't claim it as your own opinion, just say "People are wondering".

The implication is, you, the listener/viewer should be thinking twice before donating. I am glad you seem to disagree with him, and do not need to think twice about donating to the RNLI, but I wish you could see through his veil too.

indeed, it's also a main plank of trump's bullshit as well; it's astounding that some people just can't seem to see through it :dunce::dunce::dunce:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Strange contradiction how on the one you hand you donate money to the RNLI but on the other you imply that the volunteers should be treated the same as people smugglers/modern day slavers as they are 'aiding and abetting criminal activity' by simply rescuing people in need at sea.

erm, well it's almost like he's not thought it through for himself at all;

it's like......., it's like........, well, it's like he's being manipulated

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Read what I said… they are being used.. USED. By criminal gangs, their good will and bravery is being exploited by criminals, lorry drivers are fined heavily, even if unknowingly they bring criminals to the UK, under the same laws the RNLI could be prosecuted, I hope and very much doubt any Government would not be so foolish to do so, however, the conversation should be had, sensible conversation, without resorting to petty insults.
For that matter, border farce could,technically be prosecuted under the same law, could they not?

and the navy, where will it end?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Stick to virtue signalling
Regards
DF

If you took some pride in yourself and got a proper, decent job, you would feel more content within yourself, and at one with the world. You obviously derive much joy from posting all these hate filled yt links, the time it must take to watch all that shit and filter out the stuff you don't want to see beggars belief.

So if you found some inner peace from doing something half skilled and productive you would be several levels above where you are now, and would realise what a waste of life it is having the sole purpose of being divisive and winding up dullards like bag o'shite.

Get your shit together and do something good

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

You could accuse any humanitarian action in regard to refugees as facilitating it in that case.
Perhaps also promoting revolution in Libya. Involvement in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and also a lack of effective foreign aid to impoverished nations, might also make it easier for People traffickers to find clients.
I would put the fact that the RNLI will come to your aid if you are in a unsuitable vessel off the coast of Britain as a pretty small facilitator of the process.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here