Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
You’ve been a member of this “forum “ for 10 minutes and you’re offering out advice to others as to what it’s all about eh [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

you don't seem very gratefull?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
what a horrible, shamefull state of affairs this country finds itself in, the government actively turning people against people who volunteer and risk their lives to save others

The nasty party have taken it to a whole new level

[tweet]1412029006686400514[/tweet]

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The Mail characterises all immigrants/refugees as simply a threat and a problem; Mail reading cynics are in the habit of 'hitting down' at the desperate and vulnerable. Easy targets, especially when they can find one they can characterise as 'a bad'un'.....

whereas....

'We want to be absolutely clear that we are incredibly proud of the humanitarian work our volunteer lifeboat crews do to rescue vulnerable people in distress.' (RNLI)

Jonathan Dawson
@jdsdawson
·
Jul 5
Replying to
@RNLI
An excellent counterblast to the narrow-minded and stupid people who think the RNLI should make judgements about the people it rescues. ‘For those in peril on the sea’ is a universal mission, not one based on an arbitrary determination about who might qualify. We love the RNLI!

...and I am proud of those people and others who 'hit up' and hold power to account..

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1419653475290554376[/tweet]

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
[tweet]1419653475290554376[/tweet]

Is it at all feasible in your world to be pro immigration,after all the country needs legal immigration to thrive and prosper, we simply would not be the thriving powerhouse that we are today without it, and totally against illegal immigration,people smugglers and modern day slavery? I like to think that is my stance on the whole matter....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
we simply would not be the thriving powerhouse that we are today

:facepalm:

You need to get your head out of the sand, the UK economy is ****ed.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
:facepalm:

You need to get your head out of the sand, the UK economy is ****ed.

Quite a few economy’s are tucked in behind the pink at the moment, probably due to a lab leak somewhere, however,due to the UK now being able to strike its own deals, without the corrupt EU wanting a slice, we’ll be good, I have faith in this Great nation of ours.[emoji636][emoji1303]

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Is it at all feasible in your world to be pro immigration,after all the country needs legal immigration to thrive and prosper, we simply would not be the thriving powerhouse that we are today without it, and totally against illegal immigration,people smugglers and modern day slavery? I like to think that is my stance on the whole matter....

I can understand that perspective - to a degree. The bit where it falls down is in the definition of "Illegal". If you set out to classify just about every possible refugee or asylum-seeker as "illegal" (which is what this government is doing), then the argument falls down. A world without humanity is a desolate place. We are the 5th or 6th richest country in the world, and we should be playing our part in responding to the ongoing refugee crisis, rather than pulling up the draw-bridge and saying "I'm all right jack, the rest of you can sod off".

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Quite a few economy’s are tucked in behind the pink at the moment, probably due to a lab leak somewhere, however,due to the UK now being able to strike its own deals, without the corrupt EU wanting a slice, we’ll be good, I have faith in this Great nation of ours.[emoji636][emoji1303]

Ah yes. Deals which everyone knows you need and cannot walk away from. What a brilliant starting position for a negotiation. And as demonstrated by the lousy trade deals which have been signed thus far.

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
I can understand that perspective - to a degree. The bit where it falls down is in the definition of "Illegal". If you set out to classify just about every possible refugee or asylum-seeker as "illegal" (which is what this government is doing), then the argument falls down. A world without humanity is a desolate place. We are the 5th or 6th richest country in the world, and we should be playing our part in responding to the ongoing refugee crisis, rather than pulling up the draw-bridge and saying "I'm all right jack, the rest of you can sod off".

ignorant.jpg

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Still waiting for a deal with a country that gives any upside from what we had.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Keep the faith, post Brexit Britain is booming ��[emoji1058]��

I tell you what, Amsterdam is booming. Aside from the numerous life-sciences businesses which have relocated their business and/or operations, their stock market hoovering up departing companies I read that some bright spark will now end the taxes I’m paying on vinyl from the U.K. by opening up a Dutch fulfilment centre to completely by-pass the U.K. and serve the EU.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here