Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
My heart bleeds for them Jim , why dont they head off for Saudi Arabia or Dubai ?
Regards
DF

Sorry I've wasted my time on you! Fortunately there's a sizeable proportion of the population who have sympathy with the plight of refugees and asylum-seekers. I know you don't, which is a shame - but obviously everyone's entitled to their own view. I hope it makes you happy....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This thread is your biggest nightmare .....well done
Regards
DF

Not really. There’s some quite interesting posts once one wades past all your racist air pie and windy pudding.
You get outraged by asylum seekers, I have empathy for them. That’s why I’m happier than you.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
That's hasn't answered the question of why they dont try to get to affluent countries nearer to where they've departed from , what's the magical attraction of the UK and why are they passing through safe countries to get here
Regards
DF

There's no particular "magical attraction" - it's normally very simple: language and/or family connections. The numbers coming to the UK are, though, incredibly small compared to those who go elsewhere (mainly Turkey and Germany, in Europe, as others have highlighted). I do some work for a Swedish NGO in Greece, and we offer German lessons to some of the kids in a refugee camp north of Athens. However, as you can imagine, most refugees who speak a western language speak English. In my experience the refugees I've talked to are pretty amazing when it comes to languages. They would put most of us to shame.

Jan 30, 2008
Sorry I've wasted my time on you! Fortunately there's a sizeable proportion of the population who have sympathy with the plight of refugees and asylum-seekers. I know you don't, which is a shame - but obviously everyone's entitled to their own view. I hope it makes you happy....

Don't feel that way Jim you're entitled to your opinion and I don't have a problem with genuine asylum claims,does it make me happy no just very frustrated with what's going on
Regards
DF

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
There's no particular "magical attraction" - it's normally very simple: language and/or family connections. The numbers coming to the UK are, though, incredibly small compared to those who go elsewhere (mainly Turkey and Germany, in Europe, as others have highlighted). I do some work for a Swedish NGO in Greece, and we offer German lessons to some of the kids in a refugee camp north of Athens. However, as you can imagine, most refugees who speak a western language speak English. In my experience the refugees I've talked to are pretty amazing when it comes to languages. They would put most of us to shame.

Quite a few are drawn to the bright lights of Rotherham and Rochdale.
Bless em all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Merkel invited them over without consulting the German public ? , Turkey allowed vast numbers to invade the Greek island of Samos ?
Why aren't they heading for Saudi Arabia or Dubai ?
Regards
DF

I don't know. You seem to be suggesting they are all the same, or are all of one way of thinking. I would imagine there is a raft (excuse the pun) of different reasons, stories, tragedies behind the whys.

Jan 30, 2008

Fair enough Jim ,sounds like you're dealing with a small minority then, Sweden another country having issues with migrants ?
The problem will only snowball out of control
Firm but fair send back illegal migrants you know it makes sense a majority of people in this country are against what is going on
Regards
DF

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Fair enough Jim ,sounds like you're dealing with a small minority then, Sweden another country having issues with migrants ?
The problem will only snowball out of control
Firm but fair send back illegal migrants you know it makes sense a majority of people in this country are against what is going on
Regards
DF

Unfortunately the new law makes just about every asylum-seeker illegal. You have to be in the UK to claim asylum here, and to be "legal" you must have come directly from your country of origin. So - unless you can get on a direct flight from Syria, Afghanistan or Iraq, you will be defined as "illegal". It's rather like the old Monty Python sketch about the witch - if she sinks and drowns she wasn't a witch, but if she floats she must be a witch, so she's burned!

The fundamental issue is that we should play our part in helping to resolve the refugee crisis, rather than wash our hands of it. Shutting our borders just means more suffering and more deaths.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Now I don’t know DR/Ppf from Adam, never met him or even know what he does, are you basing that assumption on evidence from NSC waffle or do you know him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

it's thought he's a jobseeker, JOBSEEKER!, and drives a shnide cab, cash in hand; and this is why he's rallying all the racists against the immigrants,

he's terrified of a proper job and being judged on a level playing field

just a guess :)

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

Seriously, you're right. The fairy bangs on about timewasters, when in reality he's one of the biggest of all.
Him and Bag O'Shite are simply racists trying to hide under a veneer of laddish 'humour'.
Low lifes. The pair of them. They disgust me.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Still top of the news agenda so that you get angry about this rather than the news that Nurses and doctors get a pay cut

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
it's thought he's a jobseeker, JOBSEEKER!, and drives a shnide cab, cash in hand; and this is why he's rallying all the racists against the immigrants,

he's terrified of a proper job and being judged on a level playing field

just a guess :)

What’s a “shnide cab” ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Still top of the news agenda so that you get angry about this rather than the news that Nurses and doctors get a pay cut

Your belief that it is only possible to focus on one news story at a time to "get angry about" is your personal failing. The vast majority of people are quite capable of realising there are numerous news stories at the top of the news agenda........and can choose what bothers them and what doesnt.
I strongly suggest you remove yourself from your bubble of other peoples opinions (as shown by your numerous reliance on twatter opinions) and start to think for yourself rather than rely on others telling you what people outside your echo chamber must be thinking.

Its quite pathetic..........but i expect nothing else from NSC`s resident McNob

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Your belief that it is only possible to focus on one news story at a time to "get angry about" is your personal failing. The vast majority of people are quite capable of realising there are numerous news stories at the top of the news agenda........and can choose what bothers them and what doesnt.
I strongly suggest you remove yourself from your bubble of other peoples opinions (as shown by your numerous reliance on twatter opinions) and start to think for yourself rather than rely on others telling you what people outside your echo chamber must be thinking.

Its quite pathetic..........but i expect nothing else from NSC`s resident McNob

Well if we're using this forum and GB news as an example, it kinda backs that up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here