Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
What further cooperation do the French need to crack down on people traffickers operating in their country.
Surely they could simply realise that the trafficking of people by criminal gangs is horrific and the French authorities should put more resources into stamping out the criminals.

Quite alarming really, how can some of NSCs finest condone people smuggling,human misery,modern day slavery and criminality? It is a real poke in the eye for genuine asylum seekers when these gangs ride rough shod over the rules.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Quite alarming really, how can some of NSCs finest condone people smuggling,human misery,modern day slavery and criminality? It is a real poke in the eye for genuine asylum seekers when these gangs ride rough shod over the rules.

Tbf, NSC puts up with the likes of you, so you shouldn't complain too much.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
They probably won't, so what next? Do a 'Farage' and tow them back? :lolol:

Maybe the French will surprise everyone and actually manage to put a significant spanner in the works of these criminal gangs before a mass killing takes place.
Fingers crossed thats its in the French will to lift a finger against modern slavery openly happening on their coastline.
Surprised the EU havnt noticed that their external borders, which they also hold some responsibility for, are rife with people smugglers................maybe they dont give a toss...........stopping people being drowned by traffickers doesnt protect the single market i guess.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I don’t paint, I occasionally eat with my fingers,buffet style grub and the odd piglets pie[emoji1303]ooooh and hot chips out the paper..smashing.

when was the last time you were relevant?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Why should France do more? .......Jesus wept.

Ok then, France should not do more to stamp out people trafficking gangs operating on their territory.
Trafficking gangs who are known to brutalise and even rape the very people they are trafficking.
Trafficking gangs who don’t give a toss they are putting migrants lives in peril in death trap dinghies and suffocating lorries……as long as the money roles in.
Trafficking gangs whose income funds the underbelly of the criminal world, drugs, forced prostitution, modern slavery…..general misery.

Yeah, …..why should France do more to try and stamp out the activities of these vermin traffickers.
Have a word with yourself freak.

no you only care because the problem ends up here and becomes our problem, and Brexit has exacerbated the problem, otherwise you probably wouldn't give 2 hoots what happens in France.

By the way you seem to have extensive knowledge of the criminal underworld and how these criminal gangs operate, I can only assume you work undercover for the police

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
no you only care because the problem ends up here and becomes our problem, and Brexit has exacerbated the problem, otherwise you probably wouldn't give 2 hoots what happens in France.

By the way you seem to have extensive knowledge of the criminal underworld and how these criminal gangs operate, I can only assume you work undercover for the police

McNob

:ffsparr:

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
They probably won't, so what next? Do a 'Farage' and tow them back? :lolol:

Well we could have more cooperation with our neighbouring countries but Pastafarian voted to leave the EU

We could return asylum seekers to France and other European countries but Pastafarian voted to withdraw from the Dublin convention

We could cooperate more with the rest of europe on this criminal activity but Pastafarian voted to forfeit our membership of Europol....and the European arrest warrant.

Now Pastafarian complains about the consequences of what he voted for

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Well we could have more cooperation with our neighbouring countries but Pastafarian voted to leave the EU

We could return asylum seekers to France and other European countries but Pastafarian voted to withdraw from the Dublin convention

We could cooperate more with the rest of europe on this criminal activity but Pastafarian voted to forfeit our membership of Europol....and the European arrest warrant.

I get the feeling that he may not have thought this through.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

We are cooperating with France to clamp down on people smuggling criminality on their coast

Hardly worked, we made thousands of requests but only 100`s accepted.
Dublin was shit- so crap Merkel threw it in the bin at one stage.
Skip the Europe middleman, send non EU failed asylum seekers back to their home or a neighbour country that will accept them, there are plenty of failed asylum applications from people who are economic migrants or are in no danger of being returned back to safe areas

You questioned why the French even had to do more to combat this criminality, why not add why should the EU combat this criminality in the EU as the criminals waltz around unhindered from country to EU country.
We only need to cooperate with France to combat the criminality rampant on their own coastline............which we are doing.
The EU need to get a grip of the criminal gangs operating at the EU external borders

Rampant criminal activity on EU property is not a result of us leaving the European Union

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Maybe the French will surprise everyone and actually manage to put a significant spanner in the works of these criminal gangs before a mass killing takes place.
Fingers crossed thats its in the French will to lift a finger against modern slavery openly happening on their coastline.
Surprised the EU havnt noticed that their external borders, which they also hold some responsibility for, are rife with people smugglers................maybe they dont give a toss...........stopping people being drowned by traffickers doesnt protect the single market i guess.

The EU have MAJOR operations (Frontex) patrolling the key borders (esp Greece/Turkey). I guess they're not so worried about the Channel, as the asylum seekers are leaving the EU rather than attempting to get into the EU. But the French police are very active in harassing asylum seekers near the Channel coast. The "Jungle" no longer exists, but there are small encampments all over the place, regularly raided (violently) by the French police.

Incidentally, I spent a bit of time on Lesvos in 2018, volunteering for a refugee charity. We monitored the sea between the north coast of Lesvos and the Turkish coast, and helped ensure refugees were able to land safely (we did so in conjunction with the Greek Coastguard, by the way - it was a humanitarian effort). At the time the UK was still in the EU, and there was a British patrol boat working in the area - I had several chats with some of the sailors, who all seemed decent blokes. The stretch of sea between Turkey and Lesvos is quite narrow (about 6km), and patrols were operated by Frontex, the Greek coastguard, the Turkish coastguard, and Nato - but refugee boats still got through.

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
We are cooperating with France to clamp down on people smuggling criminality on their coast

Hardly worked, we made thousands of requests but only 100`s accepted.
Dublin was shit- so crap Merkel threw it in the bin at one stage.
Skip the Europe middleman, send non EU failed asylum seekers back to their home or a neighbour country that will accept them, there are plenty of failed asylum applications from people who are economic migrants or are in no danger of being returned back to safe areas

You questioned why the French even had to do more to combat this criminality, why not add why should the EU combat this criminality in the EU as the criminals waltz around unhindered from country to EU country.
We only need to cooperate with France to combat the criminality rampant on their own coastline............which we are doing.
The EU need to get a grip of the criminal gangs operating at the EU external borders

Rampant criminal activity on EU property is not a result of us leaving the European Union

Yes, you keep believing in your Brexit delusion, truth is we didn't take back control, we ceded control and now everything is out of control

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The EU have MAJOR operations (Frontex) patrolling the key borders (esp Greece/Turkey). I guess they're not so worried about the Channel, as the asylum seekers are leaving the EU rather than attempting to get into the EU. But the French police are very active in harassing asylum seekers near the Channel coast. The "Jungle" no longer exists, but there are small encampments all over the place, regularly raided (violently) by the French police.

Incidentally, I spent a bit of time on Lesvos in 2018, volunteering for a refugee charity. We monitored the sea between the north coast of Lesvos and the Turkish coast, and helped ensure refugees were able to land safely (we did so in conjunction with the Greek Coastguard, by the way - it was a humanitarian effort). At the time the UK was still in the EU, and there was a British patrol boat working in the area - I had several chats with some of the sailors, who all seemed decent blokes. The stretch of sea between Turkey and Lesvos is quite narrow (about 6km), and patrols were operated by Frontex, the Greek coastguard, the Turkish coastguard, and Nato - but refugee boats still got through.

It should not matter if people are coming or going. It should not matter if traffickers are assisting coming or leaving the EU. The priority should be to stamp out the criminal activity of traffickers if they are operating on your turf.......not turn a blind eye because that trafficking is helping people leave the EU

Dont know why you needed to point out the sailors were decent blokes. Why wouldnt they be? :shrug:
Dont forget the ladies, im sure they were decent as well

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It should not matter if people are coming or going. It should not matter if traffickers are assisting coming or leaving the EU. The priority should be to stamp out the criminal activity of traffickers if they are operating on your turf.......not turn a blind eye because that trafficking is helping people leave the EU

Dont know why you needed to point out the sailors were decent blokes. Why wouldnt they be? :shrug:
Dont forget the ladies, im sure they were decent as well

I'm sure the ladies are lovely too - I just didn't chat to any! My point (which I should have added) was that the sailors understood that it was a complex problem, and there was only so much they could do.

I think there's plenty of evidence that the French ARE trying to stamp out the criminal activity of traffickers, but I was pointing to the fact that the EU border patrols are more active in the Eastern Mediterranean than they are in the Channel - simply because that's the route where most refugees and asylum-seekers enter the EU.

The refugee crisis is an unbelievably complex issue. Fortunately for the UK it doesn't really impact us (in terms of the day-to-day).....although you wouldn't guess that from the hysteria being generated at the moment!!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Maybe we could train them as lorry drivers and help fix one of the problems caused by Brexit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here