Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

Jan 30, 2008
If the law is changing, then it can be applied - lawfully.

Genuine refugees and asylum seekers will still be able to apply to be here lawfully and have legal migrant status, which any self respecting person who believes in our democracy and rule of law will of course respect.

I dont have a problem with that but as you well know at least 80% arriving are economic migrants, pure chancers nothing more nothing less SEND THEM BACK !
regards
DF

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The law will be changing and time wasting illegal migrants will be leaving sooner rather than later
Why would any self respecting person want anyone in the country who shouldn't be here
Regards
DF

I think the issue lies with the decision around who should and shouldn't be here. The problem with the new law is that most asylum-seekers automatically become criminals. It is seeking to criminalise people who have nothing, who have fled their homes because of war and persecution.

Apparently we are the 5th or 6th richest country in the world, yet we seem to have virtually no common decency.

The reason we should NOT be criminalising these people seems fairly obvious to me - it's called humanity.

I remember the story of the Good Samaritan....but obviously few people in Government seem to believe in such gestures nowadays.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A lot of people in this country aren't interested in your woke ideology
People don't want see these scroungers turning up on our doorstep wanting their" free house "
Regards
DF

Agreed. We've got enough of those, haven't we ?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
I agree with you. If they shouldn't be here, but they are refugees so have a right to come here and claim asylum. Not sure what your issue is tbh

Having to face the fact that his own shit life is down to him. Immigrants turning up by desperate measures, better educated, better understanding of the English language, and a work ethic means he has to face reality; he is a loser due to his own fecklessness.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yep

[tweet]1417181032315555850[/tweet]

Nationality and BIRDERS bill ?

You get arrested and thrown into jail these days if you say you're a bird watcher.

Jan 30, 2008
I think the issue lies with the decision around who should and shouldn't be here. The problem with the new law is that most asylum-seekers automatically become criminals. It is seeking to criminalise people who have nothing, who have fled their homes because of war and persecution.

Apparently we are the 5th or 6th richest country in the world, yet we seem to have virtually no common decency.

The reason we should NOT be criminalising these people seems fairly obvious to me - it's called humanity.

I remember the story of the Good Samaritan....but obviously few people in Government seem to believe in such gestures nowadays.

That's right you will be committing a criminal offence , the law will be if you have no right to be here you're going back to where you came from, bible bashing isnt going to solve the problem Jim
Regards
DF

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
France should be doing more to stop people smuggling gangs operating on its coastline. They are scum. They have already had a crackdown along the Calais coastline to stopping traffickers and asylum seekers attempting to make the crossing via those death trap dinghies, but they need to expand along the coast as the asylum seekers make longer journeys.
Seriously, how hard is it to spot a massive dinghy on a beach with 100 gathered people attempting to get in.......and say "ello ello ello......whats going on here then"?

How does that solve the issue?

Why should France do more? we are not unified anymore, we made ourselves a 3rd country and Brexit made the issue easier for them, once they have left France they have no obligation to take them back.

Brexit's the gift that keeps on giving for the French, 120m of taxpayers money to Renault, another 54m for immigrant problem and now can wash their hands of the immigrant issue. Merci Beaucoup.....

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
That's right you will be committing a criminal offence , the law will be if you have no right to be here you're going back to where you came from, bible bashing isnt going to solve the problem Jim
Regards
DF

Don't worry, I'm not a bible basher. Unfortunately this new law won't solve the problem either. When we were in the EU we could send failed asylum-seekers back to another country in Europe. We can't do that any more. It's also against the UN Convention to send them back to their country of origin if they will be in extreme danger. Hence Priti Patel is casting around for other solutions for where to house the failed asylum-seekers. They will possibly end up in Rwanda or on an oil rig somewhere. But that doesn't mean the problem is solved. I suppose for many, the fact that these poor, desperate people are holed up on an oil rig IS a solution.

I often find it odd that the people who are most fervently anti-immigrant are those who either have little contact with immigrants, or who would actually benefit from them being here (eg: my elderly aunt who died in a care home a few years ago!)

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Don't worry, I'm not a bible basher. Unfortunately this new law won't solve the problem either. When we were in the EU we could send failed asylum-seekers back to another country in Europe. We can't do that any more. It's also against the UN Convention to send them back to their country of origin if they will be in extreme danger. Hence Priti Patel is casting around for other solutions for where to house the failed asylum-seekers. They will possibly end up in Rwanda or on an oil rig somewhere. But that doesn't mean the problem is solved. I suppose for many, the fact that these poor, desperate people are holed up on an oil rig IS a solution.

I often find it odd that the people who are most fervently anti-immigrant are those who either have little contact with immigrants, or who would actually benefit from them being here (eg: my elderly aunt who died in a care home a few years ago!)

You can see on here and other threads people putting forward reasons or concerns about immigration where these reasons do not affect them, you can simply ask them if they know any immigrants or whether migrant population has affected them such as supposed strain on public services, or wage supression - ask them for specific examples or what has had a direct effect on them and you never get a response. They just buy into the negative news narrative fed to them. Easy to control opinions that way

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Cold,hungry,frightened..
910b329e15c0aff420d2b3038ce26711.jpg

Just so grateful to the UK taxpayers.
f1970dfa6c519a7b0ee1926575ea09fc.jpg

Bless em all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
How does that solve the issue?

Why should France do more? we are not unified anymore, we made ourselves a 3rd country and Brexit made the issue easier for them, once they have left France they have no obligation to take them back.

Brexit's the gift that keeps on giving for the French, 120m of taxpayers money to Renault, another 54m for immigrant problem and now can wash their hands of the immigrant issue. Merci Beaucoup.....

Why should France do more? .......Jesus wept.

Ok then, France should not do more to stamp out people trafficking gangs operating on their territory.
Trafficking gangs who are known to brutalise and even rape the very people they are trafficking.
Trafficking gangs who don’t give a toss they are putting migrants lives in peril in death trap dinghies and suffocating lorries……as long as the money roles in.
Trafficking gangs whose income funds the underbelly of the criminal world, drugs, forced prostitution, modern slavery…..general misery.

Yeah, …..why should France do more to try and stamp out the activities of these vermin traffickers.
Have a word with yourself freak.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Why should France do more? .......Jesus wept.

Ok then, France should not do more to stamp out people trafficking gangs operating on their territory.
Trafficking gangs who are known to brutalise and even rape the very people they are trafficking.
Trafficking gangs who don’t give a toss they are putting migrants lives in peril in death trap dinghies and suffocating lorries……as long as the money roles in.
Trafficking gangs whose income funds the underbelly of the criminal world, drugs, forced prostitution, modern slavery…..general misery.

Yeah, …..why should France do more to try and stamp out the activities of these vermin traffickers.
Have a word with yourself freak.

Gosh! When you put it like that. :(

If only there had been something in place where there was some kind of cooperation.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Gosh! When you put it like that. :(

If only there had been something in place where there was some kind of cooperation.

What further cooperation do the French need to crack down on people traffickers operating in their country.
Surely they could simply realise that the trafficking of people by criminal gangs is horrific and the French authorities should put more resources into stamping out the criminals.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
What further cooperation do the French need to crack down on people traffickers operating in their country.
Surely they could simply realise that the trafficking of people by criminal gangs is horrific and the French authorities should put more resources into stamping out the criminals.

It looks like they're going to, with a nice little cash incentive from us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here