Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Rather embarrassing trolling from the usual clutch of questionables. Genuinely embarrassing to think NSC has members that on a thread that covers an unfolding humanitarian crisis, where people are dying and many more will be murdered, are happy to troll and poke fun. I wouldn't want that on my conscience. However, their choice.

See if we can get this back on topic;
Brilliant organisations.

Supporting Refugee Community Organisations

Refugee Community Organisations (RCOs) are essential in creating a welcoming society for refugees in the UK. Run for and by refugees, RCOs support their communities to become more integrated into their local areas. We work with them to ensure refugees have a strong voice in the UK.

https://refugeecouncil.org.uk/our-w...s/supporting-refugee-community-organisations/

And an inspiring story from 2019. Let's hope the latest refugees make it and can create a life with our help like Farouk has .....

Afghan boy endures hardship en route to a better future
Farouk, 15, fled Afghanistan and endured a difficult journey overland across 10 countries. Now he is reunited with his siblings in London thanks in part to help from UNHCR.

https://www.unhcr.org/uk/news/stori...-endures-hardship-en-route-better-future.html

Good UN website too

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

You can rest assured British buy-to-let landlords will be putting themselves first when they find out how much councils pay private landlords to rent to vulnerable people. It'd blow your tiny mind. So I would imagine Torbay will be welcoming a number of refugees in proportion to it's size.

Besides. "we don't have many ethnic minorities here so they would find it hard to integrate" is a pretty anorexic argument from Steve Darling. But nobody is being forced and luckily there are many more councils who are happy to help. Such as those in this article:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-58256865

Also, developers are in talks to build new housing to accommodate some of the refugees from Afghanistan.

So it's encouraging that everyone is being heard from Torbay to Greater Manchester.

Jan 30, 2008
The Conservatives have failed spectacularly on the Afghanistan issue and non EU migration is rife. Vote them out

Let's see how things pan out when the new immigration bill is passed ,if things don't radically change with removing and stopping time wasters from entering the country then you may have a point but I cant see anyone voting for momentum can you ?
Regards
DF

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
7dd2879695094445e2a4b03a7b78b07e.jpg

Bless em all..

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yep Afghanistan is a shambles, remind me who was running the country when we first invaded?

Isn't the problem with Afghanistan what's happening now rather than what happened 20 years ago?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here