Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

Jan 30, 2008

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Meanwhile back in the land of reality and decent folks doing good things for others Exactly why I started this thread. Again, well done Brits! Doing what we do best….

UK communities come together to provide for arriving Afghans

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....come-together-to-provide-for-arriving-afghans

Communities are coming together to provide clothes and toys for Afghans arriving in the UK.
Little Cherubs, a children’s clothes bank in Chapel-en-le-Frith in the Peak District, said it had been asked to provide clothes for 64 Afghan children who would be staying in a hotel in Congleton in Cheshire.
Cheshire East council confirmed it had agreed to temporarily accommodate a number of individuals and families who worked as “locally employed staff” to support British forces in Afghanistan – and was committed to provide longer-term accommodation for five families.

Excellent work. And in the original spirit of the thread. Fab stuff!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Meanwhile back in the land of reality and decent folks doing good things for others Exactly why I started this thread. Again, well done Brits! Doing what we do best….

UK communities come together to provide for arriving Afghans

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....come-together-to-provide-for-arriving-afghans

Communities are coming together to provide clothes and toys for Afghans arriving in the UK.
Little Cherubs, a children’s clothes bank in Chapel-en-le-Frith in the Peak District, said it had been asked to provide clothes for 64 Afghan children who would be staying in a hotel in Congleton in Cheshire.
Cheshire East council confirmed it had agreed to temporarily accommodate a number of individuals and families who worked as “locally employed staff” to support British forces in Afghanistan – and was committed to provide longer-term accommodation for five families.

Excellent work. And in the original spirit of the thread. Fab stuff!

Brilliant, what a great country, the govt needs to do more

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Brilliant, what a great country, the govt needs to do more

Agreed. It too often falls to the community to rally while our ministers sit on beaches and try to ignore a humanitarian crisis by simply not taking the call. But as you say, great country.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
ezgif.com-gif-maker (9).jpg

The new immigration bill clearly states if you 've not been invited to the country you will be a illegal migrant it's as straight forward as that .
TAKING BACK CONTROL
I hear some muppets are saying we should take the 20, 000 straight away , right on !
regards
DF

They're not muppets, they are just people with a bit of heart. Its absolutely shocking what's happening there and after us being in Afghanistan for so long and clearly leaving when we shouldn't have, then we absolutely should be offering help.

Look at the US Marines on the C17 - They took a plane full of them because they realised it was that or leave them for dead. Fair play to those lads for doing that, I'd have done the same.

I know this isn't all our fault, but ffs, refugees are people fleeing war and most of these people are desperate and poor. How can you not want to help them?!?! You and that baker c*** come across so f**king nasty it's unbelievable.

Have some heart man! Put yourself in their shoes, what would you do?! Stay and risk your family being killed, or flee and give your family that chance of a better life and safety?!

Makes my blood boil at how selfish and helpless we are becoming as a country.

Jan 30, 2008
They're not muppets, they are just people with a bit of heart. Its absolutely shocking what's happening there and after us being in Afghanistan for so long and clearly leaving when we shouldn't have, then we absolutely should be offering help.

Look at the US Marines on the C17 - They took a plane full of them because they realised it was that or leave them for dead. Fair play to those lads for doing that, I'd have done the same.

I know this isn't all our fault, but ffs, refugees are people fleeing war and most of these people are desperate and poor. How can you not want to help them?!?! You and that baker c*** come across so f**king nasty it's unbelievable.

Have some heart man! Put yourself in their shoes, what would you do?! Stay and risk your family being killed, or flee and give your family that chance of a better life and safety?!

We're not it's called being realistic have you got a figure you'd be happy for the country to accept

Regards
DF

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

hey kidda , don't be too hard on yerself ....we didn't ask for any of this , the Afghan/Taliban scenario should be an eye opener to westerners as to what a pathetic bunch of money laundering ***** we have in charge at the moment , once we've all had our three jabs plus boosters it will be all on with the Taliban again....life has become a benny hill sketch with a splosh of aldous huxley thrown in .....mental mate.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

Seriously, I wouldn't waste the internet on him (or his lapdog Bag O'Shite), as their agenda is perfectly clear to anyone with an ounce of intelligence.
Faux 'concerns' for appearances sake, snide, unpleasant, gammony bigots, the pair of them, with barely disguised racism in a lot of their posts/links. A thoroughly nasty pair of wasters.
Not very bright, either, though you can't blame them for that.
Actually, you probably can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here