Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So how many people do we take then, along with all the people crossing the channel everyday. I'm sure you have a plan of where to house everyone, because last time I looked there isn't enough temporary housing for our own people. Council budgets are stretched.
We helped to create the mess though. We were only too willing to spaff billions on weapons and put our troops in to the firing line and pretend we are still a " World Power " but not so willing to build houses or feed our own impoverished kids during the holidays.

The government can find the money when it wants too.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Since when did 20,000 equal infinite? Maybe that needs a new definition?

As for the NHS, Dr Waheed Arian came from Afghanistan and is working in it. A valuable contribution, wouldn't you say? He's by no means the only immigrant/refugee working in the NHS, but the context is current,

I am pleased that Dr Arian is getting rid of the waiting lists. Well done him.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I am pleased that Dr Arian is getting rid of the waiting lists. Well done him.

Johnson’s dithering over Covid restrictions added to the waiting lists we now see infinitely more than immigration.

People leading unhealthy lifestyles or skiving on the sick add to the waiting lists infinitely more than immigration.

Staff leaving the NHS because of Brexit add to the waiting list infinitely more than immigration.

Staff leaving the NHS because of the way they are treated by this government adds to the waiting lists infinitely more than immigration.

Chronic underfunding of the NHS adds to the waiting list infinitely more than immigration.

But despite that… blame the foreigners. Some people are a Tory’s wet dream.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

So, so typical alas.

Deflection/whataboutery blah blah.

I merely said that I hope nobody moans should demand increase upon an already creaking, outdated and unfit for purpose business model, and you twist it in your warped way to a blame game.

More people, less contributions is going to stretch the NHS even more, not a difficult concept to grasp.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So, so typical alas.

Deflection/whataboutery blah blah.

I merely said that I hope nobody moans should demand increase upon an already creaking, outdated and unfit for purpose business model, and you twist it in your warped way to a blame game.

More people, less contributions is going to stretch the NHS even more, not a difficult concept to grasp.

I think you need to slow down and read what I typed. Properly.

I am agreeing with you that the NHS is stretched. I’m also pointing out that immigration is a drop in the ocean when we are talking about the reasons why.

You appear happy to lay the blame at the feet of immigrants. I countered that because it’s a lie. A lie that too many Tory politicians have told and too many people have swallowed.

Obviously, you can accuse me of hating the Tory’s and blaming everything on them. Well, I deal in facts and immigration is not to blame for the state of the NHS. If the NHS is stretched to the point it cannot handle an additional 20,000 service users then that is solely the fault of the government of the day. Be that Tory, Labour or The Monster Raving Looney Party.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Good start, not patronising there then.

I’m not fussed if you read it properly or not. I didn’t come down here for a discussion. I came here to correct you. I couldn’t care less if you agree or not. The facts remain the facts. I just wanted to set the record straight. My work here is done.

Jan 30, 2008
I’m not fussed if you read it properly or not. I didn’t come down here for a discussion. I came here to correct you. I couldn’t care less if you agree or not. The facts remain the facts. I just wanted to set the record straight. My work here is done.

Blah ,blah ,blah
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
So how many people do we take then, along with all the people crossing the channel everyday. I'm sure you have a plan of where to house everyone, because last time I looked there isn't enough temporary housing for our own people. Council budgets are stretched.

He wont give you a figure the wokeratti never do, to them its a opon door open policy which rarely affects their way of life

Regards
DF

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
We helped to create the mess though. We were only too willing to spaff billions on weapons and put our troops in to the firing line and pretend we are still a " World Power " but not so willing to build houses or feed our own impoverished kids during the holidays.

The government can find the money when it wants too.

Well Two war Tony spaffed the billions on his crusades into the Middle East and the Gan killing thousands in the process and maiming many more, we are now paying the price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

The government should compulsory purchase a Center Parcs site and put them there [emoji106]

Jan 30, 2008
Since when did 20,000 equal infinite? Maybe that needs a new definition?

As for the NHS, Dr Waheed Arian came from Afghanistan and is working in it. A valuable contribution, wouldn't you say? He's by no means the only immigrant/refugee working in the NHS, but the context is current,

[tweet]1427941177228251138[/tweet]

Maybe the UAE or Saudi Arabia will take 20,000 refugees ?
Regards
DF

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Maybe the UAE or Saudi Arabia will take 20,000 refugees ?
Regards
DF

Dont be ridiculous [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Why would the refugees wish to start a new life in a country with similar cultures, religious beliefs and weather similar to their own all nearby?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Johnson’s dithering over Covid restrictions added to the waiting lists we now see infinitely more than immigration.

People leading unhealthy lifestyles or skiving on the sick add to the waiting lists infinitely more than immigration.

Staff leaving the NHS because of Brexit add to the waiting list infinitely more than immigration.

Staff leaving the NHS because of the way they are treated by this government adds to the waiting lists infinitely more than immigration.

Chronic underfunding of the NHS adds to the waiting list infinitely more than immigration.

People not bothering to turn up for appointments without informing the relevant departments. Millions of pounds wasted.
https://www.england.nhs.uk/2019/01/missed-gp-appointments-costing-nhs-millions/

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dont be ridiculous [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Why would the refugees wish to start a new life in a country with similar cultures, religious beliefs and weather similar to their own all nearby?

Facts, dear CR, facts

85 percent of Afghan refugees can be found in Afghanistan’s neighboring countries Iran and Pakistan, while Germany comes third with 148,000 – or around 5.5 percent – of Afghan refugees counted in late 2020.

https://www.statista.com/chart/25559/host-countries-of-afghan-refugees/

The ones that want to come here have been working for the British. It puts a target on their back from the Taliban.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Councils have very little housing stock now because they sold off their houses.
Housing Associations run social housing now.

There are thousands of empty homes belonging to people who buy to let, student housing, and greedy people like MPs who have two or three homes and claim thousands in tax payers money, despite being able to get to their main residence within an hour's travel from Westminster.
Still, it's all the fault of the foreigners.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And if they are suggesting women and children then that’s more dingy dads/husbands/brothers/cousins who will quite rightly want to be with their families in the future too!!!

I assume from this and your other responses that you never had Afghanis serving alongside you in your oft quoted career in the British Military ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here