Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
[tweet]1427745377244037122[/tweet]

This is indeed fantastic news, we should be helping those that have put their lives at risk for us, these souls have been loyal to us,acting as interpreters, we need to do everything we can to help these people.
The free loading criminals illegally crossing the channel..... it’s a no from me Clive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh the irony as Britain announces it will take 25,000 Afghan refugees while in The Telegraph today, Priti Patel demands that other European countries do more to help!

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Oh the irony as Britain announces it will take 25,000 Afghan refugees while in The Telegraph today, Priti Patel demands that other European countries do more to help!

[tweet]1427881811779231745[/tweet]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Gut feeling is they will obviously prefer a more stable, civilized and less chaotic country so the UK will be off the hook.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Here is the problem in a nutshell, all the wokey cokey brigade on here, demanding we put up with criminals,modern day slavery and human misery are in a bit pickle tonight.
The interpreters and their families that helped the British over the last 20 years are the genuine asylum seekers, their cause is now being hindered by the crooks and chancers coming across, illegally from France.

Jan 30, 2008
Here is the problem in a nutshell, all the wokey cokey brigade on here, demanding we put up with criminals,modern day slavery and human misery are in a bit pickle tonight.
The interpreters and their families that helped the British over the last 20 years are the genuine asylum seekers, their cause is now being hindered by the crooks and chancers coming across, illegally from France.

They wouldnt notice the difference with their heads firmly planted up their own arses
Virtue signalling alive and kicking in Parliament today
Regards
DF

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Was listening on the radio to a discussion about this. The official government line is that the UK will take 5,000 of the most vulnerable Afghan refugees a year for the next 4 years.

It was pointed out by a listener that most of the vulnerable Afghans will be found and killed by the Taliban within 6 months anyway so it is an empty offer. Johnson and Raab might as well not bothered to come back from holiday.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Was listening on the radio to a discussion about this. The official government line is that the UK will take 5,000 of the most vulnerable Afghan refugees a year for the next 4 years.

It was pointed out by a listener that most of the vulnerable Afghans will be found and killed by the Taliban within 6 months anyway so it is an empty offer. Johnson and Raab might as well not bothered to come back from holiday.

And if they are suggesting women and children then that’s more dingy dads/husbands/brothers/cousins who will quite rightly want to be with their families in the future too!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

Presumably they will provide safe passage for these refugees and not leave them to get here by their own devices where they'll be vilified as "illigal immigrants"

Jan 30, 2008
Presumably they will provide safe passage for these refugees and not leave them to get here by their own devices where they'll be vilified as "illigal immigrants"

The new immigration bill clearly states if you 've not been invited to the country you will be a illegal migrant it's as straight forward as that .
TAKING BACK CONTROL
I hear some muppets are saying we should take the 20, 000 straight away , right on !
regards
DF

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That depends upon which way Johnsons's employers, The Telegraph and The Daily Mail view the situation. If there are votes to be had one way or another he will react accordingly.

Edit: just so long as it does not take any effort on his part.

D

Deleted member 22389

So how many people do we take then, along with all the people crossing the channel everyday. I'm sure you have a plan of where to house everyone, because last time I looked there isn't enough temporary housing for our own people. Council budgets are stretched.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I trust that all of those happy to accept an infinite influx will be the last to complain when the long term strain on already stretched services such as the NHS mean further waits and delays.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Sympathy for the poor ******** left to that mercy of the Taliban didn’t last long, did it. I estimate it took approx 48 hrs before the usual lot on here started labelling them “illegals”, “dingy (sic) Dad’s” “Spongers” etc. And they’ve not even arrived yet.

Even by Bear Pit standards, that’s pretty low.

Priti Patel on R4 yesterday morning pretty much said the same. As the host pointed out to her; “you’re essentially saying your government has run down the infrastructure of the U.K. to the point where we can’t meet our international commitments or offers of help”?

PP didn’t have an answer. Or course.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I trust that all of those happy to accept an infinite influx will be the last to complain when the long term strain on already stretched services such as the NHS mean further waits and delays.

Since when did 20,000 equal infinite? Maybe that needs a new definition?

As for the NHS, Dr Waheed Arian came from Afghanistan and is working in it. A valuable contribution, wouldn't you say? He's by no means the only immigrant/refugee working in the NHS, but the context is current,

[tweet]1427941177228251138[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here