Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Welbeck

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Good, it seems his niggly injury may have been cured and he looks fitter and stronger every game and he is the only forward we have who can challenge CBs with any purpose and he has the quality to be a match winner. Still a risk but worth it imo

I doubt he’s 100% match fit yet either, I was impressed with him against Arsenal

I agree. I thought he had a good game against Arsenal , chased the ball down well and didn't let their centre halves settle.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Would have hoped for a Welbeck upgrade this summer in addition to Undav arriving. But I guess the budget may be limited.

I’m happy to stick with Welbs but still hoping for a pacy wide attacker with an eye for goal. Seems we’ve been looking for one (Rodriguez) but hopefully we’ll finally land one. Ismaila Sarr would be ideal, but he’ll go somewhere that’ll pay him more no doubt.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
He's scored three this season and maybe will get another. Next year hopefully something similar. Helpful of course and he fits in well with the squad and team play. Scores classy goals but not enough of them. Hopefully his wage is not top dollar. I see we are rumoured to be interested in Danny Ings. He should help things along.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He's scored three this season and maybe will get another. Next year hopefully something similar. Helpful of course and he fits in well with the squad and team play. Scores classy goals but not enough of them. Hopefully his wage is not top dollar. I see we are rumoured to be interested in Danny Ings. He should help things along.

Where’s all this Danny Ings stuff coming from. I hope and trust there’s nothing in it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Welbeck 1 of only 3 English players to score at the Bernabau

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
DW did a good job against BW ( Of Leeds fame). Kind of nullified each other in some respects, which let the rest play on

Can't help thinking a shorter firestarter striker may have ended up in an early bath in the same situation.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I’m happy to stick with Welbs but still hoping for a pacy wide attacker with an eye for goal. Seems we’ve been looking for one (Rodriguez) but hopefully we’ll finally land one. Ismaila Sarr would be ideal, but he’ll go somewhere that’ll pay him more no doubt.

Isn't Welbeck the second fastest player at the club, behind Lamptey, who is the quickest in Europe (allegedly)?

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Where’s all this Danny Ings stuff coming from. I hope and trust there’s nothing in it.

Remember he left the love of his his “hometown club” (Winchester is just a suburb of Southampton after all) for the doubling the wages of Villa - so can’t see us paying £70+k to him

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well that should have scuppered Villa's daft idea of exchanging Danny Ings for Bissouma. Not that I think Ings would take a wage cut to come here anyway - I'm sure he'll be happy enough to see out his lucrastive Villa contract if no better offers come along (and it's not likely that any will).

Aston Villa (via the Daily Mail, and for those who need to loudly proclaim that they don't read the Daily Mail it was also quoted on the BBC).

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Great news, if true, about Welbeck, I thought he was very good vs Arsenal and hopefully stays fit. I prefer Maupay to Ings, both confidence players (like everyone) but Maupay brings the shithousery as a bonus. Fwiw.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Disappointing, had a great game Saturday, but is not the answer and has been largely poor IMO this year.

Perhaps - but to replace him is £15M-£20M+, and with the Trossard , Biss, Maupay situations probably need some continuity and off set what it might need to partially replace them

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Fantastic news, Welbz is a fine player, obvious fitness issues but that's why with respect he's here and not at a big 6 club. When he's fit he's an automatic first choice for me.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Deffo worth another 1yr and more than useful squad player if we sign another striker

This.

The sort of player and role model you need in the dressing room. Although not a natural finisher (I’m Undav will be!) he has the technique to score any sort of goal. He has scored some critical goals (Leicester & Chelsea spring to mind) this season and can do so next year, hopefully we’ll have the luxury of using him sparingly to prolong his career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here