Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Welbeck

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Personally I think he is a high quality player who will play at most 15-20 games next season. He takes a place up in the squad needed for a striker who will actually be fit. Therefore, I think offering him another season is a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Personally I think he is a high quality player who will play at most 15-20 games next season. He takes a place up in the squad needed for a striker who will actually be fit. Therefore, I think offering him another season is a mistake.

He’s been fully fit for nearly half a season …. And has been unavailable through injury for as many games as our record signing Adam Webster in the last 2 seasons (19 games each) - but for some reason ones a crock, one isn’t ?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
He’s been fully fit for nearly half a season …. And has been unavailable through injury for as many games as our record signing Adam Webster in the last 2 seasons (19 games each) - but for some reason ones a crock, one isn’t ?

Exactly. One has been unlucky. One is a known sick note. BTW the main reason we didn’t win for 7 games is Webby.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Exactly. One has been unlucky. One is a known sick note. BTW the main reason we didn’t win for 7 games is Webby.

Surely a crock is if you get recurring muscular type injuries especially in the same place? Unlucky would be taken out by a player or similar.

Both players have had the former by the way…

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Perhaps - but to replace him is £15M-£20M+, and with the Trossard , Biss, Maupay situations probably need some continuity and off set what it might need to partially replace them

For me it depends what our ambitions are.

Whilst he might be worth a year for off the pitch activity, such as mentoring younger players etc., On the pitch in the main he has struggled, and even taking into account continuity, I’m not sure he is the answer even short term.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thought he was superb yesterday and worthy of a new contract.

My player of the match

Great pressing and running with the ball, excellent in build up. Very surprised if he doesnt stay.

He was also excellent against Saints. He’s also the only attacking player who heads the ball. I’d be happy to give him another season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He gives us exactly what we have been missing up front, a player who can hold the ball up and give CBs a hard time, and he now looks fit and keen. I will be gutted if we don’t give him another contract. With our striker budget we will struggle to replace him with a player of similar quality who is not another gamble.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

My player of the match

Great pressing and running with the ball, excellent in build up. Very surprised if he doesnt stay.

Is it me or has he come back fitter and faster since the operation? Kudos to the medical unit for spotting the opportunity. I remember at the time it was felt we had stumbled on the cause of some of his other past injuries and that in performing this new type of surgery we not only prolongued his career but also had the chance to get back a player in better physical condition. That has certainly been proven correct. Well done to all.

Lallana on the other hand.... Jury is out for me on him. Less available this season and highest wage earning. Not sure I would extend unless on 50% reduced terms with a view to a coaching role.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I remember at the time it was felt we had stumbled on the cause of some of his other past injuries and that in performing this new type of surgery.

Interesting. I wasn’t aware of this, can you elaborate?

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Is it me or has he come back fitter and faster since the operation? Kudos to the medical unit for spotting the opportunity. I remember at the time it was felt we had stumbled on the cause of some of his other past injuries and that in performing this new type of surgery we not only prolongued his career but also had the chance to get back a player in better physical condition. That has certainly been proven correct. Well done to all.

Lallana on the other hand.... Jury is out for me on him. Less available this season and highest wage earning. Not sure I would extend unless on 50% reduced terms with a view to a coaching role.

I don't think Lallana is out of contract this season, I think he's got another year. But I agree, waste of wages

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A fabulous addition to our squad, he brings quality and calmness. I wonder if he could take a penalty.

Last season I was worried he wouldn't stay because he would have better offers elsewhere but now we are in a much better position to negotiate. I hope he stays as we are better with him

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A fabulous addition to our squad, he brings quality and calmness. I wonder if he could take a penalty.

Last season I was worried he wouldn't stay because he would have better offers elsewhere but now we are in a much better position to negotiate. I hope he stays as we are better with him

WBA suggests no, can’t argue played well last few games, almost back to his England form.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
Awesome instinctive turn from Welbeck yesterday that drew a foul and yellow from Coady.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

My player of the match

I think I read somewhere (I sound like BG) that we have the option of a further year on his present contract.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Welbeck is simply a brilliant forward. not a goal machine, never has been, but a player that attacks, sets up others, contributes constantly and consistently. we'd be daft not to offer extension, and rolling options, to the end of his career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here