Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Welbeck

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I thought Welbeck was below par in the Chelsea match but today he was pumped. Literally all that you would want from a sub- striker. There are not many better in the air in the Prem. It's so good to see.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Without wishing to sound too cliche but Welbeck appears to be a great character, the last few seasons the senior pros we’ve brought in all seem to fit that bill, see also Lallana and Veltman.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
What Welbeck gives us is another attacking option. An obviously different threat from Maupay and Trossard.

The cost of bringing him on though, is the necessity to provide the crosses into the box. So Lamptey was a sub at the same time as Welbeck, in the 62nd minute.

Welbeck needs the services of the likes of Cucurella and Lamptey (or maybe Maupay after today), who all need to be on the pitch.
So probably if Tariq starts wellbeck starts as in Chelsea game

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nicked from Twitter

5E07E87D-3954-46F1-BDCF-85EB96705FE1.jpeg

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I thought Welbeck was below par in the Chelsea match but today he was pumped. Literally all that you would want from a sub- striker. There are not many better in the air in the Prem. It's so good to see.
This. We looked toothless until the double substitution, Wellbeck oozes prem quality and benefits from knowing where the goal is and not taking 2/3 touches before trying to shoot.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
So probably if Tariq starts wellbeck starts as in Chelsea game

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

They both had about 60 mins against Chelsea, and 30 mins today against Leicester.

On MOTD tonight, they said that Potter was limiting the amount of game time that both have, due to injuries.

Just a theory, and I may be completely wrong!

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
He was interviewed last year and claimed that only Lamptey is quicker, I suspect he is right.

That's an interesting fact, as he doesn't look as quick as that on the pitch?

I would imagine he made that statement before Cucurella joined the squad!

Also, I'd always heard that Solly was one of the quickest.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They both had about 60 mins against Chelsea, and 30 mins today against Leicester.

On MOTD tonight, they said that Potter was limiting the amount of game time that both have, due to injuries.

Just a theory, and I may be completely wrong!

It’s simple overall load management……combination of match and training effort overall (scientifically calculated from all their data, using parameters set by the physicians)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Elton John was allegedly in the crowd at the King Power yesterday. Not being the tallest, he turned to ask the person next to him who had scored our equaliser. The person replied: “It looks like Daniel”

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It’s simple overall load management……combination of match and training effort overall (scientifically calculated from all their data, using parameters set by the physicians)

I agree. Both Lamptey and Welbeck have had significant periods out injured and they have to be carefully managed back into the first team. This couple of weeks break will do them both wonders

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yep….that’s what was reported. He’s certainly looked sharp and doesn’t look like someone who is worried about picking up a niggle.

It's almost as if the coaching staff know what they're doing and won't be asking Tony to SPAFF tens of millions of pounds on another gamble upfront as a lot of fans are demanding :moo:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd like to see him given another contract 2 or even 3 years is fine with me. Murray showed quality well into his 30's and Welbeck is unlikely to ever command a role as the main striker for a full season

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Without wishing to sound too cliche but Welbeck appears to be a great character, the last few seasons the senior pros we’ve brought in all seem to fit that bill, see also Lallana and Veltman.

Always upbeat, smiling and genuinely looks like he is enjoying his football with us. Definitely a positive influence on the squad, especially the younger players who will have grown up watching Welbeck come through as a top prospect.

With the hamstring procedure hopefully reducing the chance of recurring niggling injuries it looks like we should be adding him to the list of must sign contract extensions.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Imagine if Welbeck had scored 9 goals in 34 appearances for Southampton, Villa, Palace or Leicester having arrived on a free transfer then this board would be up in arms at how we'd dropped a massive clanger, and the recruitment team just don't know what to do with strikers and should have gone for him regardless of his fitness. What a signing he's been.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
For me signing him on a new two/three year deal is imperative. Not just for the contribution and goal return but that experience and class that by all accounts he brings off the pitch.

It’s also noticeable how much of a different option he brings. Look at the late equalisers against Chelsea and Leicester, both were from putting high balls into the box. Without him we simply don’t have that option.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'd love to see him stay. I'd be offering two more years. After that time the hope is that one of the promising young strikers on loan or in the u23s will be at the level of PL starter.

The other reason to stay from his point of view is the pathway we offer for young coaches, (no idea if he wants that or not, but if it was on his mind you can imagine this would be a great club to start out at, working up from youth levels or something)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here