Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Welbeck

Amexarmadillo

Dec 22, 2021
And to think he fell out of favour at Watford playing in the Championship.

Some of his finishing, like today, reminds me of what Murray used to do

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Be didn’t fall out of favour I don’t think they wanted to commit to his wages as a championship club with his injury record, I also don’t think he wanted to stay, and his contract had run.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Vital, fantastic goals, love him.

He offers something up front that we don’t have elsewhere.

With every club in Europe itk about every striker with any talent, it’s incredibly hard to get that ‘15 league goals a season’ player. In that marketplace, I’m content in us having an injury prone Welbeck.

I'm content with an injury-prone Welbeck. I'm even more content with our medical team who have discovered the cause of his persistent injury and operated on it, so I'd encourage Tony to sign up a potential injury-free Welbeck with haste.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We look so much better as a squad when he’s fit. Shows the value of having another genuine goal scoring option at this level available even if just as a bench player.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm content with an injury-prone Welbeck. I'm even more content with our medical team who have discovered the cause of his persistent injury and operated on it, so I'd encourage Tony to sign up a potential injury-free Welbeck with haste.

So we now have a superior medical team too :)

Tick - Bloom oversees another area into excellence.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Cracking player and signing. If half hours at end of games is what keeps him injury free, then let him be our “finisher”

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Have we finally found Murray's replacement? ???

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
What Welbeck gives us is another attacking option. An obviously different threat from Maupay and Trossard.

The cost of bringing him on though, is the necessity to provide the crosses into the box. So Lamptey was a sub at the same time as Welbeck, in the 62nd minute.

Welbeck needs the services of the likes of Cucurella and Lamptey (or maybe Maupay after today), who all need to be on the pitch.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Putting crosses in to hobbits has long been a problem.
Welbeck shows what a force we could be with an aerial threat, to go with the fizzing crosses.
Being greedy, I’d still like to see us splash out for a proven striker with presence.
Said new striker, Maupay and Welbeck is a strong forward line.
The reality is we can’t rely on Welbeck due to his injury record.

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Cracking player and signing. If half hours at end of games is what keeps him injury free, then let him be our “finisher”

This is it. We need to adjust our expectations to this.

He will be a player we can get 20 to 30 mins out of here and there and he will contribute significantly if we use him correctly.

Very useful to have around and most certainly worth another year, but not the answer to our striker travails

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There was talk that the surgery Welbeck had recently there was a real confidence it has cleared up a lot of what was causing injuries.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Putting crosses in to hobbits has long been a problem.
Welbeck shows what a force we could be with an aerial threat, to go with the fizzing crosses.
Being greedy, I’d still like to see us splash out for a proven striker with presence.
Said new striker, Maupay and Welbeck is a strong forward line.
The reality is we can’t rely on Welbeck due to his injury record.

True but Welbeck has had two decent headers (not goals) from less than his should height and the Chelsea guy scored today and he must be one of the smallest players , its all about wanting it....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There was talk that the surgery Welbeck had recently there was a real confidence it has cleared up a lot of what was causing injuries.

Yep….that’s what was reported. He’s certainly looked sharp and doesn’t look like someone who is worried about picking up a niggle.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Hopefully he will repay us and not look to move on if this is the case! I’d be amazed if we didn’t offer him a new contract.

Do we have any idea if his current contract has an option for another year?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here