Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We will be the laughing stock

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OK it won't be a "dealbreaker" as to whether or not someone decides to follow their team to the Amex. Its just a nice touch, nothing more nothing less, and it WILL get football fans talking about OUR stadium (clearly it already is). The young away fans in particular will absolutely love it.

Its simple, relatively cheap, innovative and UNIQUE. Quite how anyone can view that as a bad thing I dunno. There really are some right miserable tosspots on here.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Im all for making visiting fans welcome, times have changed its 2011. Football fans have been treated badly for decades, especially away fans. However, the visiting players should be given a changing room designed by Josef Fritzl!!!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Our stadium will be the envy of pretty much all the clubs in The Championship next season and this just a bit of a novelty to get fans talking. It will cost bugger all. Where's the harm in it? If a fan laughed at me because our away stand was green I'd just think they were a bit of a cock.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I couldn't really care less if away fans laugh at us. Maybe you cannot handle the emotional pain and have to gorge on Ben and Jerrys and watch Bridget Jones' Diary every time someone gives you some shit, but 95% of us really aren't bothered..
I am not a massive fan of the idea, but it isn't exactly a huge issue.. Putting up pictures of Palarse legends in our ground etc makes me feel a bit queasy, but we're never going to see them, so why should we care?
Ultimately, Brighton away is going to be up there in the top 5 games fans will want to be making next season; a beautiful new stadium, in our beautiful city, with PADDED SEATS AND COLOURED LIGHTS :drool: How good is that?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
OK it won't be a "dealbreaker" as to whether or not someone decides to follow their team to the Amex. Its just a nice touch, nothing more nothing less, and it WILL get football fans talking about OUR stadium (clearly it already is). The young away fans in particular will absolutely love it.

Its simple, relatively cheap, innovative and UNIQUE. Quite how anyone can view that as a bad thing I dunno. There really are some right miserable tosspots on here.
Agreed...We have been playing our football at the most miserable stadia ...Gillingham/Withdean...we get the most modern stadium in the country and some dickhead MOANS about the away facilities....good grief...is there no hope gor the whingers?

Absolute tosh.

This view makes us a laughing stock:
brighton-withdean2.jpg

The mickey mouse catering makes us a laughing stock.

The portakabin changing rooms make us a laughing stock.

The sand pit by the pitch makes us a laughing stock.

The 8,000 capacity athletics stadium makes us a laughing stock.

I'd have thought the best away experience in the country for opposing fans will make tickets against Brighton a premium bit of paper. What a storm over nothing.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I may have misunderstood things, but I was under the impression we are trying to make the away fans comfortable, not the away team.

Is the right answer - the idea being to make them feel at home

Having been to the dingy breeze-block hell of Bournemouth, Stoke and Brentford in recent weeks I'm glad we're doing it

Bristol Rovers on the other hand had a force 9 gale blowing through their marquee covered stand and it was a pleasure to be there - decent stewards, friendly staff and those balti pies . . . mmmmm . . . .

Encouraging away supporters to come and spend money on tickets, beers, food etc. What is wrong with that. How many away fans disregarded coming to watch us over the last 13 years due to it being a crap experience.

Shirley we want money, money from whoever, why turn down 2,000 visitors @ 18 pounds ticket that would be 36 grand.

I got that impression from the BBC feature, I think Perry said something along the lines that if away fans could only afford a few away trips each year it was the aim to make Falmer one of them. I am sure that this will be the case for the first season at least, their money is as good as anyone's as long as they don't take back any points with them.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Precisely this, it's a nice touch, but just one of many... Which all add up to make it a bloody fantastic stadium.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Absolute tosh.

brighton-withdean2.jpg

I'd have thought the best away experience in the country for opposing fans will make tickets against Brighton a premium bit of paper. What a storm over nothing.

Spot on.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Dont away fans take all of their contempt for the oppositions ground, colours, pictures etc and channel that into support for their club? A hostile environment rallies the fans. If they feel comfortable, if they feel at home, I think it could dampen their support a little.

Its a cunning plan...:lol:

sotonseagull

Feb 8, 2008
southampton
hmmmmm my thoughts are along the same lines - but a different twist

although it would be great having a ground everyone enjoys going to - I would've felt the need is such that it needs to be a tough , unforgiving place to come to for away teams - treating their fans nicely isn't going to help that , need something to strike fear throughout them.

Totally this.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Absolute tosh.

brighton-withdean2.jpg

Well put

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
hmmmmm my thoughts are along the same lines - but a different twist

although it would be great having a ground everyone enjoys going to - I would've felt the need is such that it needs to be a tough , unforgiving place to come to for away teams - treating their fans nicely isn't going to help that , need something to strike fear throughout them.

Braders. You seem to go to most away games. Name the top ten in the past 10 years that you believe have been the best atmosphere from a Brighton point of view.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Personally i think its a great idea,at present the away numbers at Withdean are very poor considering our league form this season.
If this brings better numbers/revenue to the club then its a win win situation for us,as for decorating when we play the Scum! as long as they have no photos of AJ or that c*** Hughton,then they can put whatever so called legends they want on the walls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here