Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We will be the laughing stock

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Absolute tosh.

This view makes us a laughing stock:
brighton-withdean2.jpg

The mickey mouse catering makes us a laughing stock.

The portakabin changing rooms make us a laughing stock.

The sand pit by the pitch makes us a laughing stock.

The 8,000 capacity athletics stadium makes us a laughing stock.

Although there is a club a few miles down the coast who aren't laughing, just blushing with embarrassment that a club with the shittiest ground in the country are ten points clear in a league they thought was theirs to win!! :lolol::lolol::lolol::bigwave::laugh::laugh::laugh::bigwave:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
:bowdown: k2

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its a business therefore its worthwhile.

However lets be completely honest. Some of the noddy teams we have played in the last few years have a noddy away following FULL STOP. Even if we were at the Amex (and all the facilities you can dream of) you would still only see probably a hundred more Oldham fans than what they normally would bring. And Hartlepool, and Colchester, and Orient, and Yeovil and Exeter and Tranny etc etc. Those extra 100 probably ONLY would come because of the facilties. So therefore again its worthwhile.

Roll on getting out of this division and playing with big teams with a proper away support.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
old den yes,new den no
No point talking to Reichy boy about the Old Den - he won't have been. All the wannabe hoolies like him who follow this club were never anywhere to be seen when we went to the Old Den, and that's a fact.

Jan 30, 2008
No point talking to Reichy boy about the Old Den - he won't have been. All the wannabe hoolies like him who follow this club were never anywhere to be seen when we went to the Old Den, and that's a fact.
we never had a firm strong enough to go there FACT, fair play if you've been, just wasn't a viable option for me personally, were you one of the 50 that went one year then?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
we never had a firm strong enough to go there FACT, fair play if you've been just wasn't a viable option for me personally
Yep, I've been. I was there in 1986 when Mick Ferguson scored the only goal in front of 6,000 - most of whom were far more interested in throwing bricks into the away end. Very scary. Then some bloke had his head split open after being chased through the South Bermondsey streets by a mob of 20 Millwall and was taken to A&E with his life in danger. In past years, I believe some bloke had a tale to tell of an Albion fan having his head split open with the whip of a bicycle chain.

People like the ones you aspire to be only turn out for teams like Southend and Luton, with their shit home support and with safety in numbers so that you can go about smashing up pubs. It's really very brave so fair play to you fella. Anyway, I'll leave you to crack on telling us what football was like in the good old days compared to now with our shiny new stadium and 18,000 STHs.

Jan 30, 2008
Yep, I've been. I was there in 1986 when Mick Ferguson scored the only goal in front of 6,000 - most of whom were far more interested in throwing bricks into the away end. Very scary. Then some bloke had his head split open after being chased through the South Bermondsey streets by a mob of 20 Millwall and was taken to A&E with his life in danger. In past years, I believe some bloke had a tale to tell of an Albion fan having his head split open with the whip of a bicycle chain.

People like the ones you aspire to be only turn out for teams like Southend and Luton, with their shit home support and with safety in numbers so that you can go about smashing up pubs. It's really very brave so fair play to you fella. Anyway, I'll leave you to crack on telling us what football was like in the good old days compared to now with our shiny new stadium and 18,000 STHs.
you're clueless simster , i'm sure you'll have a great time at falmer, rest easy now :thumbsup:

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Can't read all the pages, not interested enough but the lights and colour idea I like, it's different. Serving local beers to away fans, a nice touch! The thought of having pictures of Crystal Palace 'hero's' on the walls of the Amex i find deeply, deeply distressing...

And making them comfortable may actually keep them quiet rather than getting them worked up and creating an atmosphere.

No doubt this point has already been raised, but I cant be bothered to read all 7 pages.

(quoted due to a "this" on both counts)

Or, shock horror, the 2,000 or so away fans might make some noise, embarrassing our 18,000 to at least polite applause now and then.

Can't read all the pages, not interested enough but the lights and colour idea I like, it's different. Serving local beers to away fans, a nice touch! The thought of having pictures of Crystal Palace 'hero's' on the walls of the Amex i find deeply, deeply distressing...

I'm sure we'll stop short of THAT won't we? Unless they're pictures of Alan Mullery and Emerson Boyce.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Lets hope our away fans pack the the north stand. ,on my travels away they have been just fantastic ,and will need to educate our new (or returning ) fans at the Amex.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit

There are mo crystal palarse Hero's

They are all losers especially mark bright

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Second time a Brighton fan has come out with that in two days.We have always sold what you have given.Unlike you when given 7500 and sold about 5000.
HTH

Sold out? When was that then? As other's have told you, couldn't sell out 900 down here for the 2-3 game. And as is usual for a Palace fan, lied and tried to give it the biggun.......some things never change. If by some miracle you stay up next season lets see if you can sell out at Falmer...

Last edited:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Unless your in the away end you won't see them. so what does it matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here