Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We will be the laughing stock

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
although it would be great having a ground everyone enjoys going to - I would've felt the need is such that it needs to be a tough , unforgiving place to come to for away teams - treating their fans nicely isn't going to help that , need something to strike fear throughout them.
How does treating away fans badly or well have any effect on the performance of their team? If anything, making them welcome will mean they are less hostile and vociferous, which has to be in our favour. I can see the economic argument too. If we make it a stadium visiting fans actually want to visit, we will be quids in. Let's embrace it and set an example to other clubs - it's not the Seventies any more (thank God).

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So your saying if we don't put pictures up on walls and change lighting colours then fans won't come ...... Do me a favour mate . Does it ever stop you from going to away games cos there's no Peter ward pictures up on walls .

So why the hell does it annoy you so much then ? They will indeed come but all the little extras will keep them coming and spending their money in our stadium thus keeping our club going. Good on MP and TB thinking about the WHOLE customer base I say.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
How many bulbs do you think they will need to cover Palace's away following? Judging by last time they came here, 1 Red, 1 Blue should cover it....

Second time a Brighton fan has come out with that in two days.We have always sold what you have given.Unlike you when given 7500 and sold about 5000.
HTH

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Second time a Brighton fan has come out with that in two days.We have always sold what you have given.Unlike you when given 7500 and sold about 5000.
HTH

Did you sell out the away section when we played last (2-3 at Withdean)? Its probably my mind playing tricks on me but I thought that you were 200 short (of the 900 available). I'm happy to be corrected, but I seem to remember some piss taking that you didn't manage to sell the allocation:shrug:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I have a few mates who don't support the Albion and when they saw this they laughed and that will be the reaction of every single away fan who comes here !!:bhasign::amex:

Is that so,.... let me say this,.... sod off knob cheese.......

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Welcome the away fans, soften them up, ensure we sell every away ticket, so more money for the club and better atmosphere from the away fans. Everyone's a winner!

Just don't go to the same lengths on the away changing room...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
HTH

Horseshit. You brought 705 to us last time at Withdean.

In the same season, your 'no show' was eclipsed by Norwich; Ipswich; Wolves; QPR; Coventry; Millwall; Leeds; Leicester; Watford; Luton; Southampton; Sheffield Wednesday; and Stoke City.

You were given the full allocation, not 705 tickets.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just don't go to the same lengths on the away changing room...
I think that's what some people of limited brain capacity (and I'm looking at you, Mark Bright) have failed to grasp. It's the away fans we're making feel welcome, not the away team.

Marmaduke

SE London Seagull
Apr 28, 2010
SE London
Personally I think it's innovative.

Sometimes though.... you need overly aggressive stewards, cold-in-the-middle burgers, shit pubs full of singing away fans to make it a good day out (Hello Leyton Orient in Feb).

I object to having screens displaying away team 'legends' though

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Has anyone seen the article in the argus about how we are going to treat away fans . ?? I know some may feel im being a bit silly but in my opinion It's a joke they are planning on changing lighting to suit away teams, for example make red lighting in away end for man united , liverpool etc they will change all fittings to suit the away team and the biggest joke of all is they are putting up posters of legends that have played at the club that we play at the Amex . So we ask when palace come down to play do we put up palace posters and make it blue and red...... Obviously not!! but then if we don't but do for every other away team that come here we look like we are discriminating them for supporting the scum . We need to have this changed. It's a stupid idea we want teams to fear coming to the Amex not welcome them with open arms and put special pictures up for them each time . Why would we want to make away teams feel welcome and as if they are at home at our new stadium . This needs to be changed and us fans need to voice our views on it because it's a waste off money and time . I have a few mates who don't support the Albion and when they saw this they laughed and that will be the reaction of every single away fan who comes here !!:bhasign::amex:

Thing is this is very old news, most of us knew this was happening a good twelve months ago

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
Is the right answer - the idea being to make them feel at home

Having been to the dingy breeze-block hell of Bournemouth, Stoke and Brentford in recent weeks I'm glad we're doing it

Bristol Rovers on the other hand had a force 9 gale blowing through their marquee covered stand and it was a pleasure to be there - decent stewards, friendly staff and those balti pies . . . mmmmm . . . .

were they as good as those bloody hot pies at Brentford??

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Did you sell out the away section when we played last (2-3 at Withdean)? Its probably my mind playing tricks on me but I thought that you were 200 short (of the 900 available). I'm happy to be corrected, but I seem to remember some piss taking that you didn't manage to sell the allocation:shrug:

This is just pure bullshit

You brought about 600 mate. A shoddy following

Horseshit. You brought 705 to us last time at Withdean.

In the same season, your 'no show' was eclipsed by Norwich; Ipswich; Wolves; QPR; Coventry; Millwall; Leeds; Leicester; Watford; Luton; Southampton; Sheffield Wednesday; and Stoke City.

You were given the full allocation, not 705 tickets.

Please ell me you 3 are all taking the piss?! SURELY...?????

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No they're not. Palace did not sell their allocation. The game was on tv.

I was there yeh - didn't realise this though.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHA f***ing HILARIOUS - How the f*** did I not know that at all. I'm cringing with embarrasment for them - that's f***ing disgraceful - Old Git - your fans are a JOKE son. I know who's the bigger club for sure now :lol:

Couldn't sell out 900 at Withdean lol.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Encouraging away supporters to come and spend money on tickets, beers, food etc. What is wrong with that. How many away fans disregarded coming to watch us over the last 13 years due to it being a crap experience.

Shirley we want money, money from whoever, why turn down 2,000 visitors @ 18 pounds ticket that would be 36 grand.
Definantly this it the fans have a good experience word will get around therefore generating more income at the gates.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I'm guessing you are either fishing , or a teenager who has no concept over how much modern football has to adapt.
From a personal view, why is it such a bad thing to welcome away fans? Sure, give them some banter etc...but some fans will have made long journeys and the experience of coming to our stadium should be a great one for everybody.
It's very good marketing i think, and will raise the profile of the club as a unique, innovative idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here