Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We will be the laughing stock

Boylebhafc

Mar 7, 2011
Putiing pictures up isn't going to stop away fans having a good time Or stop them from coming to the ground is it . We will have one of the best grounds in the country so obviously people will come and the away end should be full anyway when we are in championship with a new stadium

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Telscombe Cliffs
I think you need to look at the bigger picture, I'm not keen on making away fans welcome but at the end of the day their money is as good as yours.

This season you will see the away end at Withdean has been mostly empty, partly as teams expect to come away with nothing but mainly as it's crap.

Most fans who pick and choose where to spend their hard earnt cash won't do it comming to Brighton. This is a loss to the club as the home side takes all the gate receipts.

Obviously they want the Amex to appeal to the away fan as much as the home ones, it will build good reputaion and be the premier away ground for most fans to visit increasing the revenue taken by the club.

This is good business and like it or not football is big business ,this club is about to go to a level never seen before at Brighton and this is all part of the process.

I for one hope the away fans go away having loved the stadium but having been soundly beaten, I will be proud of our new home and even more so when they go away jelous, peoaple may laugh but lets face it the away end at Withdean is the real joke.

:amex:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I think it's an excellent idea. The club said they want to to sell out the away end to create both profit and atmosphere. They want fans to see Brighton as the 1 st away club on their agenda. It's a really good business marketing and friendly idea. Fits into our club ethos and will hopefully makes us loads of fans second team.

On the palace front could you have a combined Palace/Brighton legends 11.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
With no restricted views at Falmer I suspect tickets will be about £23/£24 in the South Stand.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The replies here (on the whole) seem much more tolerant of this sentiment today than they did after bright/rosenior raised it on late kick off.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
. I have a few mates who don't support the Albion and when they saw this they laughed and that will be the reaction of every single away fan who comes here !!:bhasign::amex:

What about the married ones?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think it's a neat idea - it's innovative and will, I think, be copied by other clubs.
Football is more inclusive these days and more welcoming to away fans and why not - as long as we beat them !!
Trouble is, where are we going to find pics of CPFC "legends" ?

don't you mean "legend" ?

Boylebhafc

Mar 7, 2011
So your saying if we don't put pictures up on walls and change lighting colours then fans won't come ...... Do me a favour mate . Does it ever stop you from going to away games cos there's no Peter ward pictures up on walls .

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The replies here (on the whole) seem much more tolerant of this sentiment today than they did after bright/rosenior raised it on late kick off.

Strange isn't it?

I'm sticking to my original opinion. It will raise the profile of the club and will make away fans want to come to the Amex. What's wrong with that?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
This is a precedent setting stadium for a forward thinking club.

I think its an innovative idea that once installed can be updated each week at the touch of a few buttons. Not intended for the away team as the misinformed thread starter put in his first post, this is purely for the fans and if making their away day more enjoyable attracts more fans then the club makes more money which helps our rise up the leagues.

We'll still make it an intimidating away day for opposing teams once they're out on the pitch but how can what goes on in the visiting concourse have any effect on the team? (which seems to be the concern of some on here?)

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
So your saying if we don't put pictures up on walls and change lighting colours then fans won't come ...... Do me a favour mate . Does it ever stop you from going to away games cos there's no Peter ward pictures up on walls .

Its a new thing so obviously were not going to go to a ground with the same thing. The whole point is to make away fans like the ground and enjoy the day out and spend money.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not quite so new as I had to go in the seating at Yeovil due to recent illness. There were a couple of posters saying 'Welcome Brighton & Hove Albion fans' and a poster of Calderon near the bar.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Whatever anyone thinks of the idea it has certainly got people talking including fans of other clubs. Perhaps that was part of the concept

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
How can the idea of treating your paying customers well be in any controversial? Even if you haven't been treating them as badly as they have been at Withdean for the last 11 years, it's still a good, sensible thing to do. Given what they've had to endure it's also a nice way to make up for the inadequacies of the Worthing stand.

And as for the atmosphere, a good away turn out always makes for a better home one anyway. Win/win.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Oh DO shut up.

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill 10 times over!

It won't affect the fans psychology, it won't make home games harder, it wont make us a laughing stock, it's not prioritising away fans.

ITS JUST A NICE IDEA.

Why shouldn't away fans also enjoy our new stadium? If they were
gonna make a noise then they will regardless of the colours of the concourse.

I seriously hope you're not sitting near me because you are clearly a complete TOOL who does not appreciate a bit of class being installed into a fantastic new home.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Its not going to cost the club all that much to display a few posters and change colour filters to set up the ambient lighting. Go into the away ends at the KC , Keepmoat and Galpharm , they are all modern stadia but none of them have that wow factor the Theatre of Flair will have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here