Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We will be the laughing stock

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Don't see anything wrong with it personally. What's wrong with making away fans feel welcome so they have a good day, spend lots of money & come back again.
Good to see our club being innovative :thumbsup:

Boylebhafc

Mar 7, 2011
I'm not being funny Marc but come on your argument for it is ridiculous if away fans want to see a picture of a legend they can use the internet and for fans wanting to come to our stadium they will do anyway as it's one of best in country so your not gunn a convince me mate sorry . When the majeski stadium was built I went there to watch my team in a lovely nice brand new stadium and so did another couple thousand Brighton fans so don't try act like gates will be up because we put pictures up and make them feel welcome because it won't !!

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I'm not being funny Marc but come on your argument for it is ridiculous if away fans want to see a picture of a legend they can use the internet and for fans wanting to come to our stadium they will do anyway as it's one of best in country so your not gunn a convince me mate sorry . When the majeski stadium was built I went there to watch my team in a lovely nice brand new stadium and so did another couple thousand Brighton fans so don't try act like gates will be up because we put pictures up and make them feel welcome because it won't !!

Well we will see what fans have to say at the end of next season because at the moment it seem's a good idea and something that won't effect us as Brighton fans because we won't see it. To be honest it doesn't bother me too much as long as we get decent away crowds and the club is making money.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Didn't Cardiff play some Sussex music when we were there last? I remember them playing GOSBTS which I thought was a really friendly touch.

I won't mention the neanderthals waiting outside behind the police line when we left the ground.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
The whole point is that it's these little touches that ADD a BIT MORE to the matchday experience for visiting fans. So when picking and choosing their away trips, some might think "well Brighton made the effort, so I'll go back to them and spend my money." There are lots of fans who only make two or three trips per season. If the club makes the effort, so might they. Get it?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'd imagine it will certainly encourage fans to visit. There are a few bills to pick up to pay for the stadium. Really don't see the harm. Laughing stock? Those days will be behind us once the athletics stadium is vacated.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think it is a great idea, and it fits in with our identity of a club that is just a little bit different. It is up to us to make the away fans feel uncomfortable by generating a decent atmosphere. I have no problem with other fans being treated like human beings for a change, it's certainly how I like to be treated at away games.

hmmmmm my thoughts are along the same lines - but a different twist

although it would be great having a ground everyone enjoys going to - I would've felt the need is such that it needs to be a tough , unforgiving place to come to for away teams - treating their fans nicely isn't going to help that , need something to strike fear throughout them.

that's the job of the players on the field and not the fans in the stand.

Let's not forget the role that fans of other clubs have played in getting us to where we are going. the whole point is to make it a memorable experience - much more that the one we can offer them at the moment

Let's make the away end as good as it can be....

and then let us stuff them on the field of play.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If it's LED lighting, which it almost certainly will be, there will be almost no effort or cost at all to change the colour. They will be controlled by a DMX lighting desk which can send signals to the appropriate light fittings to select the correct mix of RGB leds to make the right colours. And I am assuming all the 'posters' will actually be on video panels or projections... so again, little or no effort or cost.

I think it is a GREAT idea! Welcome to the 21st century! clap2:

Didn't Cardiff play some Sussex music when we were there last? I remember them playing GOSBTS which I thought was a really friendly touch.

I won't mention the neanderthals waiting outside behind the police line when we left the ground.

yes, and i also remember them playing YMCA by the Village People. Npw I wonder what their thinking was for doing that

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd imagine it will certainly encourage fans to visit. There are a few bills to pick up to pay for the stadium. Really don't see the harm. Laughing stock? Those days will be behind us once the athletics stadium is vacated.

The thread starter has this SO wrong. Firstly, more away fans = more money for US = better Albion team, for us to watch.

He is suggesting that a few pics on the wall will fire up the away fans. I'm not sure if he's ever been to an away game, but where have you seen the Albion fans in best voice - in the 'intimidating' new den, or in the comfy chairs at MK? Make them as comfy and welcomed as possible.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Has anyone seen the article in the argus about how we are going to treat away fans . ?? I know some may feel im being a bit silly but in my opinion It's a joke they are planning on changing lighting to suit away teams, for example make red lighting in away end for man united , liverpool etc they will change all fittings to suit the away team and the biggest joke of all is they are putting up posters of legends that have played at the club that we play at the Amex . So we ask when palace come down to play do we put up palace posters and make it blue and red...... Obviously not!! but then if we don't but do for every other away team that come here we look like we are discriminating them for supporting the scum . We need to have this changed. It's a stupid idea we want teams to fear coming to the Amex not welcome them with open arms and put special pictures up for them each time . Why would we want to make away teams feel welcome and as if they are at home at our new stadium . This needs to be changed and us fans need to voice our views on it because it's a waste off money and time . I have a few mates who don't support the Albion and when they saw this they laughed and that will be the reaction of every single away fan who comes here !!:bhasign::amex:

Your insecurities are evidently many and varied.

Go away and come back when they're sorted.

:facepalm:

Words absolutely fail me.

What is it with people who want to make paying customers suffer? You make them miserable by seeing their team being beaten out of site, NOT by taking the piss out of their hard-earned by treating them like SHIT.

Why do you think the Withdean away end is always two-thirds empty?

devonsi

"By-The-Sea"
Dec 26, 2008
Plymouth
"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZ Complicated" or is it, like candy from a baby, Loadza Money in the coffers from more visiting fans for the Albion & why not, LmFao...

If it's LED lighting, which it almost certainly will be, there will be almost no effort or cost at all to change the colour. They will be controlled by a DMX lighting desk which can send signals to the appropriate light fittings to select the correct mix of RGB leds to make the right colours. And I am assuming all the 'posters' will actually be on video panels or projections... so again, little or no effort or cost.

I think it is a GREAT idea! Welcome to the 21st century! clap2:

It costs less that 50 euros to chanmge the lighting scheme for the Allianz Arena in Munich.. and it takes ljst over 500kw when fully lit

• Allianz Arena signs:
The two signs are mounted on a steel structure measuring 35 meters high and 40 meters in length. More than 100,000 light-emitting diodes (LEDs) have been installed in each sign and they only require about 20% of the power used by conventional lighting.

The stadium is wrapped in a skin of plastic-foil air panels that light up the night sky like Las Vegas. It turns red for Bayern Munich games, blue for 1860 matches and stays white when two neutral teams play
1248620_Siteco.jpg

The arena facade is constructed of 2,874 ETFE-foil air panels that are kept inflated with dry air to a differential pressure of 0.038 hPa. The panels appear white from far away but when examined closely, there are little dots on the panels. When viewed from far away, the eye combines the dots and sees white. When viewed close up however, it is possible to see through the foil. The foil has a thickness of 0.2 mm. Each panel can be independently lit with white, red, or blue light. The intention is to light the panels at each game with the colors of the respective home team, or white if the home team is the German national football team or on a neutral venue like the 2012 Final of UEFA Champions League. Multicolor Lightings are also possible, but Munich Police now insist on one-color only due to several car accidents on the nearby autobahn A9 with drivers being distracted by the changing lights. (In the US, a similar scheme will be used for the New Meadowlands Stadium, which will light up in blue for the Giants, green for the Jets, and red for a concert.)

To light Allianz Arena up for one hour costs about 50 Euros (75 USD).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here