Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We sign Jason Jarrett

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Thats because Mark McGhee took huge delight in running them all out of town...

Despite signing all (?) of them? Perhaps he was keen to ruin their careers? Maybe something to do with demographics. We haven't been blessed with a great deal of black players in the past. Not forgetting our current 'token' black player i.e. Michel

Albion are set to complete the signing of Preston North End midfielder Jason Jarrett in time for Tuesday night's visit to League One table toppers Leicester City.

The 29-year-old midfielder, who has played most of his football at Championship level, will complete the transfer tomorrow, signing a deal with Albion until the end of the season.

Micky Adams said, "I am sure Jason will prove an important addition and can add another dimension to our midfield while bringing some added experience to the squad.

"He is an energetic box-to-box midfielder who can operate in either an attacking or defensive role anywhere across the middle."

Bury-born Jarrett began his career at Blackpool before spells with Wrexham and Bury, but it was at Wigan the six-foot midfielder made his name under Paul Jewell, as he helped the Latics go from the old Division Two to the Premiership.

He left Athletic shortly after their promotion to the top flight, moving to Norwich, before a loan switch to Preston in March 2006 became permanent in the summer of that year.

The midfielder, who played on loan with Leicester last season, will link up with his new team-mates tomorrow and be part of the Albion squad which travels to the Walkers Stadium for Tuesday night's match.

Albion tied up the deal with Preston earlier today, and chairman Dick Knight finalised the deal earlier today with Preston counterpart Derek Shaw.
So what exactly is a "permanent" transfer?

Jarrett Set to Sign for Albion | Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest | Latest | Jarrett Set to Sign for Albion

Jarrett Set to Sign for Albion

Posted on: Sun 25 Jan 2009

By Paul Camillin

Albion are set to complete the signing of Preston North End midfielder Jason Jarrett on a permanent transfer in time for Tuesday night's visit to League One table toppers Leicester City.

The 29-year-old midfielder, who has played most of his football at Championship level, will complete the transfer tomorrow, signing a deal with Albion until the end of the season.

Micky Adams said, "I am sure Jason will prove an important addition and can add another dimension to our midfield while bringing some added experience to the squad.

"He is an energetic box-to-box midfielder who can operate in either an attacking or defensive role anywhere across the middle."

Bury-born Jarrett began his career at Blackpool before spells with Wrexham and Bury, but it was at Wigan the six-foot midfielder made his name under Paul Jewell, as he helped the Latics go from the old Division Two to the Premiership.

He left Athletic shortly after their promotion to the top flight, moving to Norwich, before a loan switch to Preston in March 2006 became permanent in the summer of that year.

The midfielder, who played on loan with Leicester last season, will link up with his new team-mates tomorrow and be part of the Albion squad which travels to the Walkers Stadium for Tuesday night's match.

Albion tied up the deal with Preston earlier today, and chairman Dick Knight finalised the deal earlier today with Preston counterpart Derek Shaw.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
LB - there were some queries on here, as to whether it was loan or permanent deal, hence the change to story on site. He will sign for us, eg NOT on loan, but on a PERMANENT deal until the end of the season. Changed it to FREE now, reads better...

Last edited:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Not exactly Messi or Kaka though is he? Adams out, Knight out, Tits out, Blooms out, Harty is a mouthpiece of the club, Naylor is a glovepuppet, Tony Millard is a raving.....

Reading El Pres makes NSC worthwhile. No doubt that makes me a licker of some sort for the onanistic moaners who are creaming their keyboards with their anti-club fantasies.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Well bugger me. That's actually quite a good signing isn't it?

Him and Livermore would be GRAND - 100 times better than El-Abd or Fraser.

No doubt Adams will manage to turn him into a turd though.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Reading El Pres makes NSC worthwhile. No doubt that makes me a licker of some sort for the onanistic moaners who are creaming their keyboards with their anti-club fantasies.

I thought that would be the first time we'd heard onanistic on NSC, but it turns out it is the seventh. The first being in August 2006 in relation to Norman Baker.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I thought that would be the first time we'd heard onanistic on NSC, but it turns out it is the seventh. The first being in August 2006 in relation to Norman Baker.

I suspect the Devil Norman has spawned love children in suburban north Brighton. By which method I fear to envisage.

LB - there were some queries on here, as to whether it was loan or permanent deal, hence the change to story on site. He will sign for us, eg NOT on loan, but on a PERMANENT deal until the end of the season. Changed it to FREE now, reads better...
Thanks for the clarification.

I guess this means we can sell him tomorrow to Celtic for £1.5 million and keep the proceeds.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Well bugger me. That's actually quite a good signing isn't it?

Him and Livermore would be GRAND - 100 times better than El-Abd or Fraser.

No doubt Adams will manage to turn him into a turd though.
that is actually a positive comment ww are you feeling ok?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
What a brilliant signing. He's easily championship standard, and still would be were it not for injuries. Another step nearer kicking out the shit and getting some quality in midfield. Once fit, Birchall-Jarrett-Livermore will be a million times better than the jokers we've seen in recent weeks. Good work:clap:

You just KNOW thicky Adams won't play those three though.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
latest polls,trouble for labour and brown

Tories have another lead of 15%

Labour are down to 28% and Tories on 43% and there is worse to come for Brown and Co as that is 5 polls in a row with the tory lead going up.Icm poll out tommorow

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
it was also obvious that we were a much better team once mcloed went off.have to agree a midfield with jarrett,burchell and livermore does look a good experienced midfield on paper

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here