Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We sign Jason Jarrett

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Albion are set to complete the signing of Preston North End midfielder Jason Jarrett in time for Tuesday night's visit to League One table toppers Leicester City.

The 29-year-old midfielder, who has played most of his football at Championship level, will complete the transfer tomorrow, signing a deal with Albion until the end of the season.

Micky Adams said, "I am sure Jason will prove an important addition and can add another dimension to our midfield while bringing some added experience to the squad.

"He is an energetic box-to-box midfielder who can operate in either an attacking or defensive role anywhere across the middle."

Bury-born Jarrett began his career at Blackpool before spells with Wrexham and Bury, but it was at Wigan the six-foot midfielder made his name under Paul Jewell, as he helped the Latics go from the old Division Two to the Premiership.

He left Athletic shortly after their promotion to the top flight, moving to Norwich, before a loan switch to Preston in March 2006 became permanent in the summer of that year.

The midfielder, who played on loan with Leicester last season, will link up with his new team-mates tomorrow and be part of the Albion squad which travels to the Walkers Stadium for Tuesday night's match.

Albion tied up the deal with Preston earlier today, and chairman Dick Knight finalised the deal earlier today with Preston counterpart Derek Shaw.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
why not give him a real deal...

Maybe the board are'nt happy with Micky Adams performance so far and are only letting him sign players on short term contracts during this transfer window with a view to assessing the situation at the end of the season? Who knows but at least it's another player on board.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
why not give him a real deal...

Dickinson's?

lge_Deal_071107032614306_wideweb__300x300.jpg

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Oh God no. He's black. :(

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
he was on loan down here for argyle a couple of years ago and they really liked him from what i remember

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Calm down gents. Only playing widg'ya...

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
He may not be a prolific goal scorer at Championship level, bring him down a peg, and he might come up with the goods. At his age, he is well experienced enough to get some of our half wits playing the ball on the deck, and being a good build up/ passing side. As opposed to our "hoof and hope" approach which has so far proved fruitless.

Good signing in my opinion.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good, at least another player with something to prove.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
"He is an energetic box-to-box midfielder who can operate in either an attacking or defensive role anywhere across the middle."

Left wing it is then.

No he will spend most of his time on the bench or in goal...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here