Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We sign Jason Jarrett

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Seems to me Preston are trying to alert the world to his availability to see if anybody is willing to pay money for him. If not, he will end up going to the club willing to give the biggest wages/longest contract on a free transfer.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Hmm, but nearly all of those midfielders on paper were decent signings. Thomson was an SPL captain, Livermore had played 24 games for Hull who were promoted to the premier league, Racon was highly rated by Charlton and did bloody well here. McLeod had played most of his football at champ level (I think), Thornton was an Ireland U21 international, Johnson had been playing for Leeds last season after being signed for 250k and then fallen out with the manager, Savage was an established premier league footballer before falling out of favour with Derby (and is now playing again). Anyinsah was the only one who didn't have any pedigree.

My point exactly... we just don't know until they play for us.

No criticism of the management intended.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Has he signed for Carlisle yet? :rolleyes:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
It sounds to me like we have agreed the deal with the player and his club, but before it can be completed he needs to have his contract cancelled. Perhaps it is taking longer than expected, but not that much of a problem surely?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I can see a few new faces in training this morning. One of them looks like it could be Jarrett.

In fact I'm pretty positive it is.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Oh great. :lol:

On the other two players.. one is fairly tall, white, shaven head - could be the Australian guy mentioned.

The other I'm pretty sure, is none other than Seb Carole. :)

Both probably on trial, I presume?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Seb Carole? Really? That could actually be fairly useful....As much as I didn't think he could cross to save his life he was at least an exciting player to watch!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
It's definitely him.

There's also a camera man down there today, whether it'll just be Jarrett he's photographing, I don't know.

Also Gargan is back.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Maybe he didn't want to sign for longer, we are in a relegation battle remember. Championship to League Two in 6 months wouldn't be a great career move.

Absolutely. More than likely. Sounds like Micky's persuaded a player from a good level to join on a short term deal initially, and still there are people here who are moaning, or saying the board won't sanction something longer in case they need to sack him.

:shrug:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Seb Carole? Really? That could actually be fairly useful....As much as I didn't think he could cross to save his life he was at least an exciting player to watch!

With his crossing ability he'd slot straiight into our team.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Pretty sure the tall guy could well be the Shannon mentioned in another thread. He looks about the right height, and is very left footed by the looks of things.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Pretty sure the tall guy could well be the Shannon mentioned in another thread. He looks about the right height, and is very left footed by the looks of things.

I have to ask, do you work near the training ground, or are you just a full-time uberfan/stalker?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I have to ask, do you work near the training ground, or are you just a full-time uberfan/stalker?
My old man posts more than myself (just to clarify, as there may be slight confusion caused by our posts!). I'm a student (living at the Falmer halls), I look out the window, and the astroturf pitch is directly in front of me.

Just so happens that recently, the first team seem to be training more frequently on there. Maybe due to the conditions of the pitch at Withdean.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I am now OFFICIALLY excited!!!!

Carole
Shannon
Jarrett

YES PLEASE!!!!!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Dunno if it's been mentioned (too many pages to trawl through), but his write-up at preston doesn't exactly sound hugely positive?! Rubbish appearance statistics!

brightonmark9999

Jan 25, 2009
acording to the perston website we havent sign him and he hasnt joined he in contact decussisions with preston to terminted is contact then he will become a free agent

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

From preston website...

Jarrett Contract Discussions
Posted on: Mon 26 Jan 2009

Midfielder Jason Jarrett is in discussions to have his contract at Deepdale terminated, however, he has not joined Brighton as reports suggest.

The player, who has made three subsititute appearances this term, is currently still contracted to PNE, but could depart on Monday as a free agent if a termination can be agreed.

The former Wigan man would have been out of contract in the summer, but is negotiating an early release that could then see him join up with another club in the transfer window, however, that has not taken place yet.

More news on this later on Monday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here