Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

(we did have) Confirmation of the new badge

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My guess is that the direction of the seagull on the badge has been changed for a reason, and that reason is copyright issues. i.e. to clearly distinguish the badge from other well know images such as this:

Ostomy%20Humor%20T-Shirt.jpg

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
My guess is that the direction of the seagull on the badge has been changed for a reason, and that reason is copyright issues. i.e. to clearly distinguish the badge from other well know images such as this:

Ostomy%20Humor%20T-Shirt.jpg
Do you know any good places to buy Hollister clothing in UK - on the web it always seems their stuff incurs large postage from US

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I would have liked to have seen 'F.C.' after Albion and I prefer the seagull the other way round. I'm also one of the minority who likes the current badge. All time favourite was this

Attachments

• crest.jpg
    crest.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 308

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
THIS haha i just have the seagull tattooed and now its the wrong way round, for that reason only i dont like the way the seagull is facing, also dont like the coloured in beak at all. glad its a round badge again though

Next time your up, I'll tattoo it the other way around and put a big red cross through the old one :thumbsup:

Only if you promise to stand still this time though :lolol:

For what its worth im kinda meh!
Mayfairs design was much much better imho, and the club could have saved a fortune on however much they paid KSS to come up with that!

Maybe it will grow on me, too early to say.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Seagull facinf left or right doesn't bother me really. I suppose I'd say I slightly prefer left facing but that might just be because that's what it has always been.

The seagull's tailfeathers look a bit wierd, as well as the coloured beak which I'm not sure is needed.

But it's basically right.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Is it round? - Check
Is it simple? - Check
Is the seagull no longer pregnant? - Check

No complaints from me. :thumbsup:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

Or because most people (in the West) consider right to be forwards?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
does this mean every single albion flag is going to have to be changed now so that the seagull faces the other way

apart from the fact that, to me, the bird looks a bit spastic (probably because im not used to it being that way round), i really like it. definitely a marked improvement on what we currently have

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Hmmm... My first impression when I opened the thread was that it was a hoax.

Its nicer than the current one, but I feel a little underwhelmed after seeing Mayfair's designs.

I just think the seagull looks a little... er... clip art.

I'm sure I'll grow to love it, but at the moment, I'm a little disapointed.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I have put the Seagull back to where it was on the original badge. Now we can compare the two. I prefer the seagulls nose pointing to the left. It feels right that way

View attachment 21270

Much prefer it pointing left. But I've been having an email chat about this with a couple of mates, and a solution was to have both!

Home shirt has it pointing right (ie. BHA v Orient - our crest faces theirs) and pointing left when we're away ( Orient v BHA - our crest looks back at theirs)... or does that overly complicate things?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I place myself in the "I DON'T CARE which way the seagull is facing" camp.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Much prefer it pointing left. But I've been having an email chat about this with a couple of mates, and a solution was to have both!

Home shirt has it pointing right (ie. BHA v Orient - our crest faces theirs) and pointing left when we're away ( Orient v BHA - our crest looks back at theirs)... or does that overly complicate things?

But Orient play in RED, you FOOL, so we'd be wearing our HOME kit...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here