Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

(we did have) Confirmation of the new badge

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Argus have removed the story from their site, The plot thickens!

I wonder if the club have asked them to pull it as it isn't right? The club haven't confirmed that this is the new design, it could be a dummy to throw people?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I wonder if the club have asked them to pull it as it isn't right? The club haven't confirmed that this is the new design, it could be a dummy to throw people?

would seem a little odd for them to go for planning permission for the huge neon signs outside the ground if this wasnt the actual design?

having said that, i would laugh for about a week if the argus had printed that based on nsc and we are brighton and it turned out to be wrong

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
They missed a trick on my one - well it's their loss

profilepic189_1.gif

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
would seem a little odd for them to go for planning permission for the huge neon signs outside the ground if this wasnt the actual design?

It does happen, I've seen it done before, all about protectng a brand before official launch. The planning permission for signage takes a minumum of 9 weeks to go through, if you then factor in the manufacture of the signs, you are talking easily 3 months lead time to put signs like that up. So putting out a decoy brand for the purpose of planning happens from time to time.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

having said that, i would laugh for about a week if the argus had printed that based on nsc and we are brighton and it turned out to be wrong

Me too.

burstead

Not a Registered User
Jul 24, 2010
lettering should be bigger and the seagull flying this direction is much better, looks like it's coming at you and not flying away from you.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I think the switch round is definitely to signify moving forward - I recall Walsall doing it a few years ago the swift / swallow thing , having it pointing upwards .

I like the sound of this. Couldn't we have a Swallow instead of a Seagull?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It does happen, I've seen it done before, all about protectng a brand before official launch. The planning permission for signage takes a minumum of 9 weeks to go through, if you then factor in the manufacture of the signs, you are talking easily 3 months lead time to put signs like that up. So putting out a decoy brand for the purpose of planning happens from time to time.

Statutory 8 weeks, but with Brighton it will take at least 2 months because they are fastidious as out.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
whether it's the final design or not, this wouldn't definitely point towards a return to the round crest, which is bloody great!!!

to be honest, i dont care what font or lettering is on it, just so long as we get the round badge back! :)

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I agree. Strangely, the seagull pointing right makes me feel uncomfortable...

There is a good reason why this is the case for most humans, me included. Due to the way our brains are wired most people tend to be left eye dominant when they look head on at something or someone. This has been proven by showing pictures of faces of people one knows with first the right side of the face covered and the left side; the vast majority of people very quickly recognise the right side of the face only (the bit the left eye focuses on) but struggle with the left. That's why you feel uncomfortable because you are 'seeing' more of the bland tail end and less of the seagull's face - you have to concentrate harder to see the bit you'd naturally look at for recognition - the head. TURN IT AROUND PLEASE!

Apart from that it's very good.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I think you're right - that's not the real badge.

I was going to post this having known about it through work but I might have got in trouble as I am sure the club would have prepared it to be made known through a public announcement. Oh well, should have had their work in order.

Oh.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think you're right - that's not the real badge.

Oh.

I don't know anything more than has been posted on here, it could just be for planning purposes, but Ace8 also suggests that was the final design, or there was one with a blue beak. Which would seem weird.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can't be arsed to search but "round with the seagull going 'backwards'" has been posted on here several times over the last month or so by some who (seem to believe they) are in the know.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Statutory 8 weeks, but with Brighton it will take at least 2 months because they are fastidious as out.

You forgot the 1 week administration period, which all councils in my experience put on, making it 9 weeks, hence I always quote my customers a minumum of 9 weeks from us sending in the planning application. That said, half the councils these days take 2 or 3 weeks to actually open the application, bicker about whether we've submitted all the forms correctly, provided all the correct drawings, drawn red lines on the site plans etc, even though most decent sign companies know what they are doing (we submit about 10 applications a week), still the councils like to think we are all imbeciles, and they have the high ground.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I see a new tattoo on the horizon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here