Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

(we did have) Confirmation of the new badge

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
You forgot the 1 week administration period, which all councils in my experience put on, making it 9 weeks, hence I always quote my customers a minumum of 9 weeks from us sending in the planning application. That said, half the councils these days take 2 or 3 weeks to actually open the application, bicker about whether we've submitted all the forms correctly, provided all the correct drawings, drawn red lines on the site plans etc, even though most decent sign companies know what they are doing (we submit about 10 applications a week), still the councils like to think we are all imbeciles, and they have the high ground.

But have you put a north point on it?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
You forgot the 1 week administration period, which all councils in my experience put on, making it 9 weeks, hence I always quote my customers a minumum of 9 weeks from us sending in the planning application. That said, half the councils these days take 2 or 3 weeks to actually open the application, bicker about whether we've submitted all the forms correctly, provided all the correct drawings, drawn red lines on the site plans etc, even though most decent sign companies know what they are doing (we submit about 10 applications a week), still the councils like to think we are all imbeciles, and they have the high ground.

Actually phil it depends on how busy the council planning is and at the moment they are not that busy I suspect from what I have seen

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I don't know anything more than has been posted on here, it could just be for planning purposes, but Ace8 also suggests that was the final design, or there was one with a blue beak. Which would seem weird.

This was the same one that I have a picture of.
The one colour one would be used when they want to save money on printing something by using less colours.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sorry for being a frightful dullard.

Anyway, on these signs for the Amex, I see the council received the application on 10/12/10, and validated it on 21/01/11, wonder what the delay was :shrug:

Last edited:

I haven't checked the planning documents but do they incorporate enormous an searchlight a la Batman to project an image of the badge above Lewes??

Like it BTW.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Surely the NSC seagull's got to be turned around now.

(apologies if someone's already made that point)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm lukewarm to it.

Like that it's round

Like the seagull shape

Like the modern touch of the seagulls wings extending into the outer ring

Really dont Like the seagull that way round

Dont like the lettering layout

Not sure if the beak needed to be coloured in

But it's not the be all or end all except my tattoo (which was just the seagull with no roundel or crest) is now out of date :lolol:

Agree, not quite sure why but there seems something wrong.

Possibly too much white space either side of the circle and I really don't like the font.

If I had to some it up it one word : "underwhelmed"

Last edited:

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Here...

http://wam.brighton-hove.gov.uk/PlanningWAM/doc/Drawing%28s%29-1742935.pdf?extension=.pdf&id=1742935&location=VOLUME3&contentType=application/pdf&pageCount=1

attachment.php

(This version care of 'Gripper Stebson')

Fantastic - simple, clean, nothing fancy!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yeah, I am underwhelmed by the uninspiring font too.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Looks like a mix of styles to me. The text quite reserved, with a cartoon seagull stuck over the top.

Think I'd prefer the seagull not jumping out the centre. Worked on the shield, doesn't work for me here.

Definitely don't like the way the text has arranged either. It's been completely crowded out.

More pleasing on the pointing left.

Not iconic enough and not a clean enough design... Sorry !

Last edited:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
has anyone got an image of the Falmer/Amex Stadium logo that was mentioned?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I like the round but I can't decide whether actual it's a little bit gay. Maybe it's the lips?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Love it. Might have put more yellow/gold to match the beak as a border bit like the one designed on NSC an age back. Other than that very nice and not fussed it's been turned round to clash less with Holister. Can just see us flipping it and then getting sponsored by them and flipping it back lmao

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here