Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

(we did have) Confirmation of the new badge

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Badge

Don't like it. Unimaginative and too much like the old one from times gone by. It's very bland and will get lost on most backgrounds. I really don't have a problem with the existing one - it it ain't broke ......................
Of course, it will mean everyone chucking out all their own club clobber and replace it with brand new versions - just at a time when we are all forking out for season tickets 5 months earlier than normal.

Poor! I cant believe someone has earnt a tidy sum for that effort! When my son was four he attempted to reproduce the old roundall he got the seagull round the wrong way. He is now six and can either predict the future or will be picking my Lotto numbers from now on.

An updated Tattoo wont be happening - will stick with what I have.

HCQ

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Good attempt at sarcasm Oscar. Although sadly misplaced. I was trying to give some justification to my view, rather than a 'like it' or 'don't like it'.

But as I've said on this and other threads, it's not the be all and end all of supporting the club as I'm sure it'll change again in then or fifteen years when the next incumbents of the boardroom deem it necessary to freshen the club and put their stamp on it. We'll all still be here then.

i found it interesting.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Having gone back to page one this morning and viewing the logo I LOVE IT

It's SO simple that its brilliant.

What do we need on our badge? Our name. Check. A seagull. check.

I don't need any fancy GOLD to try and TART UP my club. The badge serves it's purpose and is retro, clean and bold.

Lovely

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well I prefer Mayfair's version! (But I think at least 95% of us acknowledge the new design is an improvement on the current abomination)

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
It's growing on me, but I think that the blue is a bit weak. Would have prefered a few shades deeper / brighter.

:amex::albion1:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
on the font, is it just that its too small/too close together to fill out the space? nice and clean in its own right i think.

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
Must admit, its growing on me. I like the detail of the yellow beak, but am still unsure on the writing - it is too spaced out and the word Albion just looks divorced from "Brighton and Hove", I think it would've been better seeing how it could have been fitted above the seagull and "Seagulls" underneath. Not fussed about the seagull facing the wrong way. All this about facing the wrong way into battle, - it doesn't really apply if the crest is in the middle fo the shirt, and the ancient rules of heraldry need not necessarily apply to modern footie shirts - its not as if we're holding shields as we're entering the arena! Man U's red devil, Arsenal's new gun and Chelsea's lion are all looking that way. Its the way forward!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here