Violence at West Ham V Millwall

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
In the words of Mr Danny Dyer....This is gettin a little Nort'ee

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
~Everyone saying it should be behing closed doors...The people outside are there for a fight not for a game of footie!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Danny Dyer should get done for incitement. His brand of 'TV' is partly responsible for this kind of thing.

Still, the one thing that is certain is that Brighton's 'firm' will go missing at Millwall on Friday, same as always. They'll be back for Orient.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Newham Recorder's brief story...

Breaking news: Violence flares at West Ham - Millwall cup match
25 August 2009

A MAN has been stabbed during violence involving fans outside West Ham United's Boleyn Ground before and during their League Cup game with Millwall.

Fights broke out at 7.15pm and were still raging more than an hour later...after the game had kicked off.

Ambulance officers are assessing the man, who was stabbed in Priory Road at about 8.25pm. He has chest injuries and is being taken to hospital, writes COLIN GRAINGER.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "It looks like there has been some planned trouble disorder from fans."

Hundreds of fans were estimated to be involved.

Two arrests have been confirmed, for affray and breaching a control order.

British Transport Police said they had to close Upton Park and West Ham stations earlier because of overcrowding.

The first trouble broke out near Upton Park station .

Banks of police were controlling and crowds, when Millwall fans managed to break through the divide. Bottles and bricks were thrown.

Earlier shopkeepers in Green Street and Barking Road had been boarding up their premises in advance of the match, given the history between both sets of fans.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Doubt if they will do that because it doesn't sound like their fans have behaved badly, at least inside the ground, plus it isn't a league game. I am guessing the most likely outcome is West Ham being fined for failing to control their fans, having to play the next game behind closed doors (if they get a home draw) or even being thrown out of the competition.
just spoken to my mate at the game(millwall) he wanted to know who the tv was saying had started the trouble, he reckons it was all west ham shirt wearers causing all the 'trouble' inside the ground.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Correct, i've read that the train company put 'football specials' on which were just really delapidated old rolling stock used by large groups of hooligans.

Half right. The football specials were the old shit trains so the firms started using the persil vouchers for cheap tickets, and travelling up on the Inter city trains, hence the name

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...I was listening on the radio, they were talking about what was going on inside the ground and very little about outside on the streets.

R5 are about to have a phone-in about it.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
hmm, I'm beginning to wonder if any Hammer fans want quick revenge and will attend our game under cover on Friday night :eek::eek::eek:

Nah, they'd never be able to fit into one of our pink n white-striped tops. :wink:

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Danny Dyer should get done for incitement. His brand of 'TV' is partly responsible for this kind of thing.

Still, the one thing that is certain is that Brighton's 'firm' will go missing at Millwall on Friday, same as always. They'll be back for Orient.

Obviously never been to a Millwalll game in your life then. We have been, we have seen, we have conquered.

I can say that being a brighton fan and regulary meeting with millwall mates / fans.

Always a good day out and we also get on with eachother at england games.

Yeah, because there was never any trouble before 'Football Factory'.

That is spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here