Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Violence at West Ham V Millwall

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Really. I would say about 2/3rds of their fanbase just like being a Millwall fan for the "experience". They're a disgrace, frankly. I feel sorry for the club, because there's NOTHING they can do about it. They know that all the "fans" in the country who fancy a bit of a fight at a match will just don a Millwall shirt and fit right in.

They have done plenty to eradicate the problem, as much as they can do. We are talking about isolated incidents with various 'glamour ties', which involve a small minority of Millwall fans. 2/3rds? Really? You are getting bogged down with coverage from the likes of Raymond Enisuoh and other bigoted journalists.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Really. I would say about 2/3rds of their fanbase just like being a Millwall fan for the "experience". They're a disgrace, frankly. I feel sorry for the club, because there's NOTHING they can do about it. They know that all the "fans" in the country who fancy a bit of a fight at a match will just don a Millwall shirt and fit right in.

Yeah? I've personally never met a Millwall fan without a London accent. I'm sure they're out there, but most of the people I know who support the Wall support them because they're from sarth london and proud of it.

I have no idea why they're proud btw..

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Been going for the last few seasons up to Millwall
last year the cage was closed beacuse of trouble between both sets of fans
you go up by coach
when you roll in to South Bermondsy station you can call yourslef a real man!
eating your prawn sandwhiches on the coach :censored:

Cage was open when I was there last season. Stupid bloody cage, though, 'cos the police do bugger all to protect it. Can't wait for Friday night, short trip down the road for me. Might get a 53 back home after the game :)

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
There's a difference between rivalry, banter and stick. With Millwall you're talking absolute RETARDS who are violent, they're not bantering, they're violent. It's not worth taking the risk of going there, unless you fancy a bit of rough and tumble. If you do, I hope you don't go either, so we don't get a reputation ourselves. But I get the impression all our "hard nut" fans will go along for the argy bargy and be quite proud of themselves. ???

What are you on about???

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yeah? I've personally never met a Millwall fan without a London accent. I'm sure they're out there, but most of the people I know who support the Wall support them because they're from sarth london and proud of it.

I have no idea why they're proud btw..

I didn't suggest they were "fans".... :thumbsup:

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Can we all agree Ninja Elepants has probably never been to an away game in his life without GRANDMA?

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
I work with a millwall fan, supports them as he is from South Bermondsey, doesnt go for a ruck....I also know a kid from college, he lives in the area, yet he goes for a ruck, i kno which one out of the two needs a kicking...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Sometimes some people are so far behind in the race, they actually think they're in the lead :nono:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick

Sorry, but that is rubbish!

Ive been up to millwall 3 times and the worst violance Ive seen was some 'top boys' having a bit of a sing song at the station and some 14yo's in pink polos having a game of slapsies with the stewards and themselves!

Ive never felt threatened at the New Den or at the station or any other Football ground in the country!!

You my be right about some people being a 'fan' for the reputation but the ones that acctually go to the games are nothing more than a bit of mouth!

I think you need to acctually go to away games, including ones at Millwall, and see what its really like and not just relying on their reputation and tarring them all with the same brush, like you have admitted!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
What are you on about???

I think he is trying to say that after this evening the trip to Millwall on Friday may be a bit more dangerous than normal. It is possible that fans of other clubs (including West Ham) may turn up looking for trouble, he includes some of our fans in that element as we do have a few who enjoy a bit of a scrap from time to time, this is possibly the sort of excuse they look for.

RSBLUEANDWHITEARMY

Aug 5, 2009
North Stand
Cage was open when I was there last season. Stupid bloody cage, though, 'cos the police do bugger all to protect it. Can't wait for Friday night, short trip down the road for me. Might get a 53 back home after the game :)

At the end of the game me and a few mates were late gettin out of the ground
walked along the walkway with milwall above shouting shit from the station and when we reached the bit where away fans have to be seperated the gate was closed and we were told they had to close the gate because of both sets of fans chanting etc.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Can we all agree Ninja Elepants has probably never been to an away game in his life without GRANDMA?

Bit of respect, my Grandma died a decade ago. :angel:

So people are jumping to the conclusion that I'm some kind of shrinking violet?! I wouldn't automatically jump to that conclusion without actually knowing me... the truth is I'm a civilised person and I don't see why anyone should go to a football match and face probably violence just for being a fan of a certain club. It's ridiculous, and I'm not embarrased nor ashamed to believe that you shouldn't ever face voilence when supporting a club at a football match.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I have a feeling that the police will be extra careful on friday now. Probably keep us locked in after the game or something like that. They won't be wanting to take any risks after tonight

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here