Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Video of march for flag. Enjoy

Jan 30, 2008
Considering the fact that 'identity' comes from within, and therefore if I 'lost' that identity, it is only down to me as an individual, rather than society as a whole, please explain to me where you think I might be losing my English identity, and who or what my identity is being replaced with - if anything at all...?

Oh, and why is 'liberal' such a problem? Liberation is surely what you believe in, so why are you trying to undermine it?
i think you will find government policies towards immigration , have an effect on peoples identity what ever nationality you are.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
fair comment ,sadly some people on here complete snobs and egotistic twats

Oh, the irony.

You just don't get it, do you? You evidently feel so inscure about your identity, you feel you have to go on a march to let people know about it - as though anyone needs to care about who you are and what you think about being English. And you call some on here egotistical twats?

I, like you, am English, proud of it, and am totally comfortable with my sense of patriotism, identity and history, though unlike you, I don't feel the need to go on a march to prove who I am. So, just out of curiosity, why do you? Or is there a more sinister agenda at work here?

Jan 30, 2008
Oh, the irony.

You just don't get it, do you? You evidently feel so inscure about your identity, you feel you have to go on a march to let people know about it - as though anyone needs to care about who you are and what you think about being English. And you call some on here egotistical twats?

I, like you, am English, proud of it, and am totally comfortable with my sense of patriotism, identity and history, though unlike you, I don't feel the need to go on a march to prove who I am. So, just out of curiosity, why do you? Or is there a more sinister agenda at work here?
who said i went on the march??

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Yes I am. This is afforded to me by the fact that I don't walk up and down the town chanting sentiments such as "We want our country back".

Only a dunderhead would or could believe that this is the way to win the hearts and minds of a nation.

whilst following the march during the harmonious rendition of "English and proud of it" a passerby commented "What other country could you be from"?

That to me, sums up the embarrassment most English people feel toward being represented by a crowd that acted the way they did.

I am entirely sure that, apart from the obvious fascists in the march, the marchers believe what they are saying and believe they are doing the right thing. However, this only goes to illustrate how out of touch they are with the majority of English people.

"What Other Country Could You Come From?" - Considering That We Are Experiencing The Biggest Immigration To The UK For Decades And The Number Of Existing Foreigners Here Is In The Millions, I'd Say Probably Any Country You Choose To Name.

How Come The Press Didn't Report The Nazi Salutes And Chants? How Come The Police Haven't Mentioned It. They Surely Would Have Been Ready For It.

Come On Nipple. Proof Needed. Not Just The Word Of Someone So Obviously Biased Against The Marchers As You.

Jan 30, 2008
"What Other Country Could You Come From?" - Considering That We Are Experiencing The Biggest Immigration To The UK For Decades And The Number Of Existing Foreigners Here Is In The Millions, I'd Say Probably Any Country You Choose To Name.

How Come The Press Didn't Report The Nazi Salutes And Chants? How Come The Police Haven't Mentioned It. They Surely Would Have Been Ready For It.

Come On Nipple. Proof Needed. Not Just The Word Of Someone So Obviously Biased Against The Marchers As You.
as so many of the people that have had there say on the march

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

I have no "proof" of the salutes other than what I saw. As I said I went with an open mind and was disappointed. I really don't know what else to tell you Bars.

It is up to you guys to believe or not believe what I reported.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
to what it ounce was or from what it has become?

I think I understand what you mean. So you are suggesting we go back to rationing and capital punishment? Or how about glam rock? Or miners strikes?

I'm sorry, I fail to see what it is we are heading back to? Unless you mean back to when we colonised a large percentage of the world. I suppose those countries didn't really deserve an identity.

What are you so scared of DR?

Jan 30, 2008
I think I understand what you mean. So you are suggesting we go back to rationing and capital punishment? Or how about glam rock? Or miners strikes?

I'm sorry, I fail to see what it is we are heading back to? Unless you mean back to when we colonised a large percentage of the world. I suppose those countries didn't really deserve an identity.

les ime not scared of anything, i just feel things are heading towards deep resentment amongst local communities as to how there lifes are being dictated to by EU policies and the fact that some people genuinely feel they are becoming 2nd class citizens in there own country surely you can understand these views

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
No white, working, English male will ever be a second class citizen in England. To believe such scaremongering is at best foolish and at worst dangerous.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

I wouldn't mind the gLam rock revival leslie...Hey Rock 'n Roll!!

SHOWADDYWADDY!!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Considering the fact that 'identity' comes from within, and therefore if I 'lost' that identity, it is only down to me as an individual, rather than society as a whole, please explain to me where you think I might be losing my English identity, and who or what my identity is being replaced with - if anything at all...?

Oh, and why is 'liberal' such a problem? Liberation is surely what you believe in, so why are you trying to undermine it?

You give me far too much credit for 'undermining' Liberalism, it can do a fantastic job in doing that for itself.

Of course explaining a Nations identity is extremely difficult to quantify it is similar to community, that too has the same pitfalls, it is something however you accept exists.

One example that some on here might of experienced, was as part of my work I visit an Industrial Unit that I had sourced work for many many years, you form casual relationships, it becomes a tiny part of the dynamics of your work/life, now I visit the same Unit there are no longer the people that I am familiar with and due to language barriers it is currently impossible to interact with anyone within a part of that unit.

Do I resent those workers, no I don’t, do I wonder about displacement of the previous workers, yes I do, is the experience less enjoyable because of it, yes it is.

This tiny example is also happening within our communities and local housing, educational and health services are undeniably effected too.

I think it is reasonable to voice a concern and to deny any problems is naive.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
les ime not scared of anything, i just feel things are heading towards deep resentment amongst local communities as to how there lifes are being dictated to by EU policies and the fact that some people genuinely feel they are becoming 2nd class citizens in there own country surely you can understand these views

I would if they were true, but for me - it's utter bollocks. We are still run largely by white, Oxbridge-educated middle-class politicians and careerist civil servants.

You mean you let the EU and a minority of non-white dictate your own insecurities? You poor soul.

Incidentally, who - in your opinion - are the first class citizens?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005

How exactly are their lives being dictated to by EU policies? I don't remember the EU telling me what films I can watch, what music I can listen to, what places I can go to.

Why are people becoming second class citizens? I work at 2 places and in both the cleaners are foreign, not sure they feel particularly like 1st class citizens. Please explain why people feel like 2nd class citizens? And I take it you mean white english people.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Oh, the irony.

I suppose TLO the same could be said if you swapped English with Gay & patritism in your above quote with sexuality eh!;)

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You give me far too much credit for 'undermining' Liberalism, it can do a fantastic job in doing that for itself.

Of course explaining a Nations identity is extremely difficult to quantify it is similar to community, that too has the same pitfalls, it is something however you accept exists.

One example that some on here might of experienced, was as part of my work I visit an Industrial Unit that I had sourced work for many many years, you form casual relationships, it becomes a tiny part of the dynamics of your work/life, now I visit the same Unit there are no longer the people that I am familiar with and due to language barriers it is currently impossible to interact with anyone within a part of that unit.

Do I resent those workers, no I don’t, do I wonder about displacement of the previous workers, yes I do, is the experience less enjoyable because of it, yes it is.

This tiny example is also happening within our communities and local housing, educational and health services are undeniably effected too.

I think it is reasonable to voice a concern and to deny any problems is naive.
Who said anything about there not being problems? Of course every single society has its own problems.

But what on earth does that have to do with being English? You are English, you 'feel' (by whatever values you set the criteria for it) English, you are part of the majority ethnic group of this country. Who is taking that away from you? And if they are, why are you letting them?

No-one is taking it from me because, frankly, they can't.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Didn't Nazi propaganda centre around blaming the Jews for the German economic strife?

No, it centered around the sexual allure of one man...

hitler-480.jpg

As I like to call him, Hotler.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here