Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Video of march for flag. Enjoy

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Who do they want to country back from?

I think there is a sense that we are losing our English indentity and it would be foolish not to recognise the immigration issues.

Parts of our major Cities are irrecognisable from a generation ago and that is likely to cause some discord.

The march has gotta be totally legitimate and neednt be dismissed by those that can't help to offer themselves up some sort of liberal superiorists, whom themselves get it wrong so very often !

It didnt surprise me that your first two ironic examples of who they might want it back from were:

Middle Classes and the Literate.

Of course implying that those who might not agree with your own liberal views are of course ill educated and bound to be poor.

Not much prejudice there then !!

Yeah the singing was boorish and probably there were some with their own extreme agendas, but the sentiment is likely to be shared by many.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think there is a sense that we are losing our English indentity and it would be foolish not to recognise the immigration issues.

Parts of our major Cities are irrecognisable from a generation ago and that is likely to cause some discord.

The march has gotta be totally legitimate and neednt be dismissed by those that can't help to offer themselves up some sort of liberal superiorists, whom themselves get it wrong so very often !

It didnt surprise me that your first two ironic examples of who they might want it back from were:

Of course implying that those who might not agree with your own liberal views are of course ill educated and bound to be poor.

Yeah the singing was boorish and probably there were some with their own extreme agendas, but the sentiment is likely to be shared by many.

I believe the literacy thing was based on experience as the far right wing of NSC seem to have some problem with it.

The second was because the far right often assume that liberal views come from the middle classes.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Did you miss the words "racist idiots" of the end of your post?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Considering the fact that 'identity' comes from within, and therefore if I 'lost' that identity, it is only down to me as an individual, rather than society as a whole, please explain to me where you think I might be losing my English identity, and who or what my identity is being replaced with - if anything at all...?

Oh, and why is 'liberal' such a problem? Liberation is surely what you believe in, so why are you trying to undermine it?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Please define English identity and then explain why I as an ENGLISHMAN have yet to morph into something that I am not meant to be.

We all identify with something that we are familar with and that we feel at ease with.

No doubt an accumilation of shared ideas, experiences and expressions.

I would suspect that the most obvious one be that of shared language, so English language would maybe be the most identifiable of a people.

I didnt quite understand your statement to be honest, is it that you feel that there should be no interpretation of national identity ?

Jan 30, 2008

fair comment ,sadly some people on here complete snobs and egotistic twats

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You are so self-righteous.

Yes I am. This is afforded to me by the fact that I don't walk up and down the town chanting sentiments such as "We want our country back".

Only a dunderhead would or could believe that this is the way to win the hearts and minds of a nation.

whilst following the march during the harmonious rendition of "English and proud of it" a passerby commented "What other country could you be from"?

That to me, sums up the embarrassment most English people feel toward being represented by a crowd that acted the way they did.

I am entirely sure that, apart from the obvious fascists in the march, the marchers believe what they are saying and believe they are doing the right thing. However, this only goes to illustrate how out of touch they are with the majority of English people.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
DR - were there many family groups (kids etc...) on the march?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
We are a mongrel race, always have been, you would probably need to go back to before the Romans invaded to find a true Englishman...anyone who says they are 100% English is probably either living a huge lie or is too frightened to delve into their family past for fear of what they may find.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here