Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Video of march for flag. Enjoy

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
look at the lad who posted its other videos, in one hes dressed up in all his aquascrotum gear, looks like a right ****

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Would be good if some tech-head could help Nibble download his pictures from Sunday. I'd be interested to see.

Also - did the Argus carry a picture today as the Asst Ed said they would yesterday? I'm not in Brighton so can't get a copy. Could someone post it? What was their angle?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
How can you (Das) spout all this claptrap with nothing to back it up and how can you say my report of the march of the morons was inaccurate when you didn't even see the march you were urging everyone else on this board to go to.

You are a spectacular nonsense of a man.

Not gonna post too much on this thread as I've been proved right and don't want to gloat too much BUT your report has been proved inaccurate, firstly by 2 other posters on here and now by a video right at the start of this thread.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
look at the lad who posted its other videos, in one hes dressed up in all his aquascrotum gear, looks like a right ****

I wonder what he thinks of having so many foreign players in his West Ham team and a foreign owner or does he just want to wrestle England from those bloody foreigners that deprive him of unknown wealth.

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
I think some people's problems with the country losing identity lies with the fact that some people can not present the national flag without some authority spelling out to them to take it down due to the offence it may cause to ethnic minorities .. Also the point that imigrants bring alot economically to britian can also be argued that they are consuming national services which can not cope with the infux.
This in my opinion needs to be addresses as this situation will only get worse .....

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Could we have a whip round and buy England back from it's non-existent new owners? That way there'd be no danger of all those shouty shaven-headed marching chaps getting hold of it.

Perhaps a consortium bid? Lead by Kevin Keehan?

I think some people's problems with the country losing identity lies with the fact that some people can not present the national flag without some authority spelling out to them to take it down due to the offence it may cause to ethnic minorities ...
"Fact" ?

Which authority?

Name just ONE example of this.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think some people's problems with the country losing identity lies with the fact that some people can not present the national flag without some authority spelling out to them to take it down due to the offence it may cause to ethnic minorities ..

You see, I have a problem with these stories of people not being allowed to fly the St. Georges flag. In fact to be honest - they f***ing piss me off.

I'm absolutely sure if you hunt hard enough you can find the odd anecdotal incident where a white over zealous public servant has for some bizarre reason decided that the St. Georges flag is "offensive" to races they know little about, but let me tell you what the overriding reality of the situation actually is.

I live in South London as you can probably tell. Not in the posh part of Clapham unfortunately, but right on border of Clapham, Brixton and Stockwell.

If you wanted to describe the area as a melting pot of religion and races, you'd be accurate.

I don't see much evidence of the St. Georges flag being banned round or here or causing offence.

In actual fact quite the opposite.

During the last World Cup I came up on a train through South London, and saw a pretty grim council estate absolutely awash with the flag. It was an unbelievable site actually, quite beautiful actually. Like the whole place had suddenly bloomed. I've always regretted I didn't have a camera that day.

Incidently, I don't see any evidence of Chrismas being banned either, since the Pakistani man down the end of my road was still selling Crackers and Cards last year.

It honestly absolutely bemuses me when I read these stories.

If I wanted to display a St. Georges flag for some reason (eg. during the football or St Georges day) no one would bat an eyelid. There are Portuguese flags flying round or over the place anyway (often deliberately displayed alongside a St.Georges flags during the football) since there's always been a huge Portuguese community round here.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Yeah OK I'll give you that. I suppose this argument will never be resolved until we have footage of every second of the march and of every person on it. Lets face it, that ain't gonna happen.

Oh that's convenient isn't it?

Or you could watch the video at the start of this thread and conclude, like a lot of normal people, that most of the people involved aren't really very nice are they?

The only spin I've seen on this thread is from people trying to say all they saw in that video was a group of people who love England singing patriotic songs.

There's only one feeling I get from watching that, and it's the aggression that those people put out. Must have been a lovely day to been shopping in town and come across that lot.

Patriotic my arse.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
You see, I have a problem with these stories of people not being allowed to fly the St. Georges flag. In fact to be honest - they f***ing piss me off.

I'm absolutely sure if you hunt hard enough you can find the odd anecdotal incident where a white over zealous public servant has for some bizarre reason decided that the St. Georges flag is "offensive" to races they know little about, but let me tell you what the overriding reality of the situation actually is.

I live in South London as you can probably tell. Not in the posh part of Clapham unfortunately, but right on border of Clapham, Brixton and Stockwell.

If you wanted to describe the area as a melting pot of religion and races, you'd be accurate.

I don't see much evidence of the St. Georges flag being banned round or here or causing offence.

In actual fact quite the opposite.

During the last World Cup I came up on a train through South London, and saw a pretty grim council estate absolutely awash with the flag. It was an unbelievable site actually, quite beautiful actually. Like the whole place had suddenly bloomed. I've always regretted I didn't have a camera that day.

Incidently, I don't see any evidence of Chrismas being banned either, since the Pakistani man down the end of my road was still selling Crackers and Cards last year.

It honestly absolutely bemuses me when I read these stories.

If I wanted to display a St. Georges flag for some reason (eg. during the football or St Georges day) no one would bat an eyelid. There are Portuguese flags flying round or over the place anyway (often deliberately displayed alongside a St.Georges flags during the football) since there's always been a huge Portuguese community round here.

Spot on.

And yet it always gets trotted out as FACT (copyright Das Reich).

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
It's well handy that the Asian bloke who owns the convienience store round the corner from my house is open on Christmas day because if I run out of booze I can pop round there for more.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

And there are a million non-stories when people are not told to take down the flag for every one of these. FFS this is so self serving.

Andy by the way - welcome to NSC Mr Blunt. Interesting that you have decided to make your announcement with posts of this nature and not debating Wendy's latest tactical blunder.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Oh that's convenient isn't it?

Or you could watch the video at the start of this thread and conclude, like a lot of normal people, that most of the people involved aren't really very nice are they?

The only spin I've seen on this thread is from people trying to say all they saw in that video was a group of people who love England singing patriotic songs.

There's only one feeling I get from watching that, and it's the aggression that those people put out. Must have been a lovely day to been shopping in town and come across that lot.

Patriotic my arse.

Err what. The video if anything backs up my argument that there were no racists at the march. All I heard were people singing songs about their own country and songs that we as Brighton fans sing every week at football matches.

I was giving people a bit of slack by saying that not everything can be caught on camera so my view and the one depicted by the video may not be the full truth. i.e. there may have been some kind of racial undertones at the march.

"How convenient", what are you on??

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Yeah OK I'll give you that. I suppose this argument will never be resolved until we have footage of every second of the march and of every person on it. Lets face it, that ain't gonna happen.

Maybe.

But I'm willing to bet a substantial amount of money that the next 5 or seconds of video would've contained the words "No surrender to the IRA"...

Your original post claimed that restrictions on flying the national flag came from "some authority".

None of those examples refer to ANY public authority doing anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here