Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente in talks with two clubs..

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I'm expressing a perfectly valid opinion on a forum. I'm won't be changing my tone.

But you weren't were you. You were being patronising to other poster suggesting they didn't know how good he was.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
My chest would swell with a slow-beating distress if Vicente went anywhere else in the UK. If his choice is over nation rather than town, then fine. If he's somewhere else near here, then i'd turn my back when the ball approached him and he shuffled his way around our inferiors.
He's vital to keep, i think. I wouldn't have it that all our play must go through him as the monotony of that for anyone but Vicente would be confidence-shafting over time. A few quality pros should allow him to be part of a midfield diamond and not the only sparkling corner of it. A pre-season with him there should make us an impressive jigsaw and not one of inseverable pieces already completed in the box when opened.

D

Deleted member 22389

I know this probably sounds silly, but the weather and culture in this country are all factors.
We are lucky in the fact the most players love the area. And again this may sound stupid but the weather down here is slightly warmer than up north.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Of course if he doesn't sign Vicente will become this mythical figure that all Albion fans will talk about forever more.

I'm looking forward to sitting in a pub prematch in 20 years time and uttering the words "remember when vicente played for brighton, he was useful..."

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
But you weren't were you. You were being patronising to other poster suggesting they didn't know how good he was.

TBF they clearly don't.

Those saying re we hardly won with Vicente in the side - one word - COINCIDENCE. We were on / went on 2 bad runs and he happened to come in at that point. I do agree with TCB though, that we did put too much through him and over used our 'secret' weapon a little.

We were FAR better with him in the side than without and he was in my mind the best player in the league by some distance. Would love him to sign but if he doesn't I will kind of understand why and certainly won't be saying 'f*** him' (unless he joins Palace or someone in our lg of course)

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
no one signs a new contract in june.

D

Deleted member 22389

We looked like Spain with him in the side lol.
Even if he does not come back, what a privilege it has been to see such an amazing player.
When he was playing for Spain what division where we in?

valencia_vicente_rodriguez-spain.jpg

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
According to Naylor and his source..

It's going to be hard for Gus to get his signature..

and why should not one of the two club be US?????

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I agree but having missed out on Mattock and seemingly unable to tie up the keeper we are after you have to wonder if we are actually in a position to bring in real quality. Maybe it's all about bluffing and everything will turn out well but my negative nature makes me think we might not be able to improve on last year, unless we go down the loan route again. This would hardly encourage Vicente to stay imo.

May I respectfully suggest you take this negativity within you, extract its DNA, pummel the living shit out of it, put what's left in a box, encase it in concrete and dump it in some Third World nuclear waste site somewhere?

And then grab yourself a cup of tea, put something on by The Four Tops, and smile at the sun.

Brap! 'Nother pint of Liquid Optimism please, Landlord... :)

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
The statistics regarding Vicente are interesting but quoting them ignores the context and other variables such as the other players, the opponents, at what point he came on/left the pitch etc.

However back to the original post..... Vicente came to Brighton to try and restart his career. It looks like he has managed to do that.

Does he owe the club and the fans something? Maybe..... but you could say that he has already paid us back with some fantastic memories.

I'll never forget his run and shot against Derby or the two goals against Portsmouth, or when he chested the ball down and played it in for Buckley to score.

TBH I'd rather if he left thatI had happy memories of his time here, but then I love football not statistics.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Why do we have this shit every Summer? How many players had we signed this time last year? How many big Championship signings have happened so far? Chill the f*** out, there are 9 WEEKS to go until the start of the season, and 11 WEEKS until the transfer window closes. Plenty of time.

But the panicking and headless-chicken-style fretting makes all the more enjoyable the day where we make the inevitable big signing (a la CMS / Vicente.) I'm up for wallowing in depression in order to make the euphoric late summer splurge taste so much sweeter.

Los Che

Sep 4, 2011
Of course he is in contacts with two clubs,with Brighton,and with Hove,but I heard third club is trying to steal him in front of them,my sources are saying this third club is Albion.

Ok,now seriously,my club (Valencia) became so shit in last few years,that we are in contacts and are buying only 2nd league players in last couple of years.So beware,we might be interested for one of your players,including Vicente too.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
We helped him get fit and start playing again.

I demand that he stay.

Someone tell him please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here