Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente in talks with two clubs..

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
There does seem to be a poverty of ambition on here.

The principle reason for him looking like he didn't belong (and having to run the show himself) is because he is so much better, and other players are just not on his wavelength. Get some high quality players in who understand what he's going to do with the ball - and watch us fly.

But the prevailing idea with some seems to be 'we didn't win much with him, so get rid' (an overly facile stat) - without considering the point that he is not the central problem; it's our relative lack of quality within the rest of the squad.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We hardly won a game with him in the side. Not bothered.

I was thinking earlier about this argument put forward by some people. While we won few games with him IN the side, in how many of those games, did he provide assists, to enable us to get a draw?

I honestly don't know if it made us a worse side with Vicente on the pitch during that time, but I would seriously doubt it. In very broad terms, I think there were a lot of players knackered by the business end of the season.

Anyway, hope he stays, but IF he doesn't, let's all remember what he DID do for us, and hope that the new arrivals more than compensate for his loss.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
oh dear - think you are right.
:down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down:

Yes, but we all know your default setting when it comes to Albion is: "f***ing MISERABLE".

Everyone ignore, nothing new to see here.

Matt Richards

Jan 22, 2009
I am not too bothered about statistics as to how many points we got with him in the side. The bottom line is I would pay very good money to watch him every week whether we are at the top, middle or bottom. He is just class.

SWCspider-man

Aug 2, 2011
Brighton
Has Naylor actually said We are NOT one of the clubs he's speaking to, we all know his accuracy is a bit iffy at times so him saying that could just be the right information an not giving everything away.

I for one am not worried, as if we don't sign Vicente we can just enjoy the memories, for me it was the derby game :)

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Hope it's not Reading. That would ruin the Kuipers testimonial if he signed for them.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Vicente Will Stay (for the 12th time I've said this!!)

christonabike.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

The principle reason for him looking like he didn't belong (and having to run the show himself) is because he is so much better, and other players are just not on his wavelength. Get some high quality players in who understand what he's going to do with the ball - and watch us fly.

But the prevailing idea with some seems to be 'we didn't win much with him, so get rid' (an overly facile stat) - without considering the point that he is not the central problem; it's our relative lack of quality within the rest of the squad.

I agree but having missed out on Mattock and seemingly unable to tie up the keeper we are after you have to wonder if we are actually in a position to bring in real quality. Maybe it's all about bluffing and everything will turn out well but my negative nature makes me think we might not be able to improve on last year, unless we go down the loan route again. This would hardly encourage Vicente to stay imo.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Calm down everybody is assuming Naylors interpreted his sourse correctly, the two club could be Brighton ... and ... Hove Albion

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Having Vicente was akin to shagging a girl miles out of your league. Great whilst it lasted, but don't expect it too be the norm.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Spot on. Some spectacular THICKETRY in this thread, really backwards thinking.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

I'm glad you're here TLO. I 100% agree with you.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

I have seen our side with and without Vicente and I know which looks better.

I can only think that the people quoting games we won or didn't win, or how many goals and the various stats around Vicente didn't see him play. He was stunning to watch, sublime and amazing. We've been extremely fortunate to have witnessed such talent playing for our side.

Can't say I'm surprised.

I still think he will stay in Spain - specially as his missus has just had a baby.

But you never know.

Of course if he doesn't sign Vicente will become this mythical figure that all Albion fans will talk about forever more.
Which reminds me ... what's the latest news on Kanchelskis?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Oh right, we just need a better squad then. That shouldn't cost much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here