Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Van La Parra . . . Should we make a bid?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
No more loanees! Even Wilson has already gone off the boil. We need to singe a couple on 'permanent', and if they are surplus to requirements at the end of the season (because we have been promoted) then its a good investment. If we fail to go up, we have decent extras for another bash next year.

I'd love to hear your opinion on our other strikers this year. Was Hemed ever on the boil?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd love to hear your opinion on our other strikers this year. Was Hemed ever on the boil?

Nobody has been up to much. Hemed hasn't scored often enough. Zamora has given us, what, 14 points? But he's not a 90 minutes every game man. Our goals tally speaks for itself and explains why we are not ten points clear, where our possessoin play and defence warrants.

I am not saying that all the strikers we have bought have been great - they haven't. But loaness are not the answer.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
According to the argus piece on the subject Wolves haven't even been in touch whilst he's been here. I thought it was normal for a parent club to monitor those out on loan. I'm sure I've heard in the past that we do.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
According to the argus piece on the subject Wolves haven't even been in touch whilst he's been here. I thought it was normal for a parent club to monitor those out on loan. I'm sure I've heard in the past that we do.

I'd imagine we are keeping an eye on Glen Rea, COG not so much.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Nobody has been up to much. Hemed hasn't scored often enough. Zamora has given us, what, 14 points? But he's not a 90 minutes every game man. Our goals tally speaks for itself and explains why we are not ten points clear, where our possessoin play and defence warrants.

I am not saying that all the strikers we have bought have been great - they haven't. But loaness are not the answer.

It's arguable that our recent poor run has been as much to do with the drop in form of our defence (possibly in part due to injuries) as it has the drop in form of our strikers (which in part is because we've lost quite a few of our attacking outlets in March, KLL and an overlapping left back).

From the last two games at the AMEX, it has appeared at times that Wilson is playing up front on his own.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
On the evidence of what he's contributed so far yes, but I wouldn't rush to make it permanent before the end of the season and then only depending on what division we're in.

Plus the club may have bigger and better irons in the fire for Jan.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's arguable that our recent poor run has been as much to do with the drop in form of our defence (possibly in part due to injuries) as it has the drop in form of our strikers (which in part is because we've lost quite a few of our attacking outlets in March, KLL and an overlapping left back).

From the last two games at the AMEX, it has appeared at times that Wilson is playing up front on his own.

Good points. I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow, and hoping for a bit of plan B, whatever that might be . . . . cheers.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Good points. I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow, and hoping for a bit of plan B, whatever that might be . . . . cheers.

Same - I'd say it's probably time for an extra man in midfield with Wilson up front if he's feeling better, but I suspect we'll play the same system with the same team (give or take).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There's a piece on the official site this morning where he says he would be keen to stay and is still working his way back to full fitness
That wouldn't be on the official site unless the deal is done :rock:

Time for RVLP to play a blinder tomorrow and then rest up until Blackburn away.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Same - I'd say it's probably time for an extra man in midfield with Wilson up front if he's feeling better, but I suspect we'll play the same system with the same team (give or take).

Ince has been a disappointment. I had hoped he might emerge as a dangerous merauding midfielder, but he seems to have confidence issues. Still, following your plan B, perhaps putting him just behind Stephens and Kayal might be an option. One up front, though . . . . hmmm.

Anyway, I only found out last Thursday that the game was on tomorrow and not today, so it could have been a monumental cock up on my part :lolol:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ince has been a disappointment. I had hoped he might emerge as a dangerous merauding midfielder, but he seems to have confidence issues. Still, following your plan B, perhaps putting him just behind Stephens and Kayal might be an option. One up front, though . . . . hmmm.

Anyway, I only found out last Thursday that the game was on tomorrow and not today, so it could have been a monumental cock up on my part :lolol:

Haha that could've been awkward! But it is definitely tomorrow.

I think it's hard to say Ince has been a disappointment this year as he's not really played. He played as well as anyone in the second half of last season too (it's arguable whether that's a positive or not). He could always play Crofts instead of Ince mind. And one up front isn't necessarily a bad thing if Hughton brought VLP and Murphy narrower so that they were closer to the lone front man. All I know is that the 442 system we're currently playing has either been found out, or it's just not effective enough with so many first choice players out, so a change isn't necessarily a bad thing.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Haha that could've been awkward! But it is definitely tomorrow.

I think it's hard to say Ince has been a disappointment this year as he's not really played. He played as well as anyone in the second half of last season too (it's arguable whether that's a positive or not). He could always play Crofts instead of Ince mind. And one up front isn't necessarily a bad thing if Hughton brought VLP and Murphy narrower so that they were closer to the lone front man. All I know is that the 442 system we're currently playing has either been found out, or it's just not effective enough with so many first choice players out, so a change isn't necessarily a bad thing.

There you have it. The injury list is the problem, not 4-4-2.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
There you have it. The injury list is the problem, not 4-4-2.

Or, seeing as the world isn't black and white, it could be any number of issues that have caused our recent form. The formation becomes an issue if you don't have the players to play it effectively. What we do have, despite our injury crisis, is an abundance of midfielders - why not use a system that accommodates more of those players, allows us to control games more effectively and helps cover some of the weaknesses we currently have due to injuries...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here