Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Van La Parra . . . Should we make a bid?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No we fecking shouldn't

I have never seen anyone play a game, where he couldn't get a fecking cross past the first player and then when he did it went straight to another Ipswich player...frustrating is not the word!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Apart from scoring at QPR, and Derby and assisting Hemed's goal and getting man of the match , he has been TERRIBLE.

I love that people think he is a bad player because he beats a mean "too many times" :lolol:

I would MUCH rather a player beats someone 3 times and loses it than never shows the ability to beat a man in the first place. At least he has the natural quality to do the hard bit first, he just needs to be coached to get the ball in a bit earlier which is a MUCH easier thing to coach than beating a player. I'm certain Chris and the team would have noted this so it's really quite easy to fix.

It's ridiculous that you are probably better of being a "quieter" winger who trundles through the 90 mins compared to a VLP who actively seeks the ball and tries to do something with it. You get far less criticism for that!

Rihad Mahrez was LAMBASTED at points last year by the Leicester fans for overplaying. He adapted his decision making but retained that initial quality he had to beat a man.

I'd be delighted to extend his loan. There is a quality player in there.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Let's extend the loan. Monakana obviously can't step up.

Monakana is awful. Someone at work supports Preston and was surprised we bought him

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Another month if we must, by which time hopefully Lualua, Baldock and Towell will be up to speed, giving us numbers in (various) attacking areas.

I'd be very dissappointed if we bought him though - there are far, far better players out there.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Pros - He looked really interested and got on the ball a lot in the second half against Ipswich, you got the impression that if we'd scored he'd have a hand in it. Good finish at Derby. Lucky goal against QPR but sometimes the rub of the green is what you need in a player. Great cross against Charlton.

Cons - Too many stepovers against Ipswich and one turn too many when players were already beaten, crosses too often blocked. Wants to shoot all the time and hasn't earned the right to that yet (a la Kaz). Any winger at this level should be able to put a great cross in.

My opinion is that we've been a lot weaker since we've had to start him, but no harm in keeping the loan on whilst we have no other options, he's clearly an average Championship-standard winger.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Where did you see this?

On the TV channel, in the championship news.

20151231_124822.jpg

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Was directly behind him in 2nd half when he had a lot of possession. Waste of time giving him the ball. Never looked like crossing past first defender. He just ran out of ideas and in the end was just hoping defender would get out of way which of course he didnt

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

It was rather, wasn't it? No goal is'lucky', they are all priceless and worth their weight in gold.

That I think is our chief problem, as much as I rate Van La Parra, it should be a striker who is top of our shopping list.

Hemed is off form, Zamora can't last a full 90 minutes, and Wilson can be recalled at any time. If we can find someone in this window, who can guarantee us 10 to 15 goals by the end of the season, that could just mean promotion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here