Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Van La Parra . . . Should we make a bid?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The same website that values Solly March at 140k? And Danny Holla at more than Kayal?

Why do you keep quoting these useless sites to back up your posts. Have you not got the hint yet?

So we need to value players on the hit and miss of NSC like March £7m Dunk £5m Where else is there a site that gives a true market value?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I am against buying any players who wouldnt be good enough for the Premier if we get ere. I would sooner that we loaned players to get us promoted then spend big to stay there.

I fully share your reservation at the idea of signing players who are not good enough for the PL, as we would be paying them masses to in effect sit on the bench for a season. However, the alternative also has its disadvantages - a loanee might not necessarily have the required motivation to get us promoted, if they suspected that the result of their endeavours was that they are shown the door. Quite a conundrum.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I fully share your reservation at the idea of signing players who are not good enough for the PL, as we would be paying them masses to in effect sit on the bench for a season. However, the alternative also has its disadvantages - a loanee might not necessarily have the required motivation to get us promoted, if they suspected that the result of their endeavours was that they are shown the door. Quite a conundrum.

Perhaps the answer is to loan players to get us up with the proviso that if promoted there may be the opportunity for them to stay permenantly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

No more loanees! Even Wilson has already gone off the boil. We need to singe a couple on 'permanent', and if they are surplus to requirements at the end of the season (because we have been promoted) then its a good investment. If we fail to go up, we have decent extras for another bash next year.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No more loanees! Even Wilson has already gone off the boil. We need to singe a couple on 'permanent', and if they are surplus to requirements at the end of the season (because we have been promoted) then its a good investment. If we fail to go up, we have decent extras for another bash next year.

That is one view but I do not subscribe to it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So we need to value players on the hit and miss of NSC like March £7m Dunk £5m Where else is there a site that gives a true market value?

NSC didn't value Dunk at 5m; Fulham did. And rather than being based on some algorithm, it was based on what someone was actually prepared to pay for him - his actual true market value.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
NSC didn't value Dunk at 5m; Fulham did. And rather being based on some algorithm, it was based on what someone was actually prepared to pay for him - his actual true market value.

That was only a rumour I was told it was only £2m hence we turne, but who knows the correct figure.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Pretty harsh view on Wilson. He scored at Derby, ran his nuts off at QPR and was evidently ill yesterday. He came to us not match fit (or at least lacking game time) so has done pretty well so far.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Yes, see your point and this would be preferable to loanees, I agree. Yes, I too have the impression that Wilson has gone off the boil, but it is reported that he was ill yesterday, and of course if the ball had not bobbled as he was about to shoot against Boro, then he could have scored when he was through. Tuesday will be interesting. Ideally Tony the Saviour spends big now, though it is easy for me to advocate spending someone else's money. Either way, it will be a fascinating few weeks, which will probably define our season.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
That was only a rumour I was told it was only £2m hence we turne, but who knows the correct figure.

Where did you get that 2 million figure from being as it was stated repeatedly that we turned down 4 million steadily increasing to 5

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
From a Premier club scout who said £2m was too much for him as I said who really knows.

That's someone suggesting 2 million was too much though as In placing their perceived value on him, not saying that's what Fulham had offered

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Pretty harsh view on Wilson. He scored at Derby, ran his nuts off at QPR and was evidently ill yesterday. He came to us not match fit (or at least lacking game time) so has done pretty well so far.

OK, I stand corrected. Still, I am not in favour of repeating the loanee fiasco of last season. Cheers

:wave:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
OK, I stand corrected. Still, I am not in favour of repeating the loanee fiasco of last season. Cheers

A couple of loans at most but only if really necessary. They certainly aren't the way forward for us.
Last season was a farce, more loans at times than we could name in the squad and the way our business has been done this season is with one eye on next season when regardless of the division we are in the loan market won't be available as it is now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

A couple of loans at most but only if really necessary. They certainly aren't the way forward for us.
Last season was a farce, more loans at times than we could name in the squad and the way our business has been done this season is with one eye on next season when regardless of the division we are in the loan market won't be available as it is now.

Agreed. We saw last year that half a team of mercenary loanees doesn't work. The team spirit this year is remarkable, don't think CH will do anything to damage that. Wilson and VLP seem to have fitted right in.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
There's a piece on the official site this morning where he says he would be keen to stay and is still working his way back to full fitness

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There's a piece on the official site this morning where he says he would be keen to stay and is still working his way back to full fitness

Wouldn't be surprised if we've already got the paperwork ready to extend until the end of the season. Doesn't seem to figure in Wolves plans and we need him at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here