Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Van La Parra . . . Should we make a bid?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I'm not convinced.

Pros: has a good cross in him, knows where the goal is as we've found out, has pace.
Cons: gives the ball away 50% of the time, not the best at defending.

I don't think he'd make the step up, I guess it depends on what other options we have once the window opens.

this

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If you beleive the Sun today, Lookman of Charlton is up for grabs for 2 Million, Southampton interested...

For that money it looks a steal...id rather we made an effort on him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If you beleive the Sun today, Lookman of Charlton is up for grabs for 2 Million, Southampton interested...

For that money it looks a steal...id rather we made an effort on him.

Yes it does. I'm sure there will be plenty of Premier League interest though.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Must do but press claims that we'd have competition. Can he fix radio connections too?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
VLP gives the ball away too often just now!

Not entirely his fault today - not a lot of movement for him to try to find anyone in space, so was forced to hold it for longer or try to beat his man (or men in some cases) due to lack of options

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
The last time we were looking at this sort of scenario many on here were similarly unconvinced.

That was Craig Conway and one who was not fully appreciated until he was gone/lost forever.

We should remember that players signed on loan don 't always hit the ground running but, having sais that, RVP hasn't done too badly has he ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Valued on transfer market at €1.5m so we would probably get him for about £1m so for me it is a no on permenant unless we cant get him on an extended loan.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Last season he would have been of great value. Chasing promotion I'm not so sure.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Valued on transfer market at €1.5m so we would probably get him for about £1m so for me it is a no on permenant unless we cant get him on an extended loan.

The same website that values Solly March at 140k? And Danny Holla at more than Kayal?

Why do you keep quoting these useless sites to back up your posts. Have you not got the hint yet?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes - we need to complete this deal early. I hope something has been arranged already and was subject to them signing their target

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am against buying any players who wouldnt be good enough for the Premier if we get ere. I would sooner that we loaned players to get us promoted then spend big to stay there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here