Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Van La Parra . . . Should we make a bid?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
That may be that then, unless something happens towards the end of the window.

Perhaps we are looking to bring in a better option?

It does seem that way, although he was very vocal about how much he enjoyed his time here and how Wolves didn't contact him at all during his spell with us, which does seem as though they have no interest in him themselves.*

It may be a classic case of trying to find better options, getting gazumped and bringing him back later in the window!

*http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...0/wolves-silence-says-it-all-to-van-la-parra/

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It does seem that way, although he was very vocal about how much he enjoyed his time here and how Wolves didn't contact him at all during his spell with us, which does seem as though they have no interest in him themselves.*

It may be a classic case of trying to find better options, getting gazumped and bringing him back later in the window!

*http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...0/wolves-silence-says-it-all-to-van-la-parra/

Yes, that's the way I'm reading it too.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tea boy? What an odious little turd you are

That is my view of Calderons use to us now he has been a good servant but is now a liability and should retire. All his good will be undone if he continues in his latest abysmal manner. As regards VLP I like him but feel that we may be looking for better with him being a stand by if all else fails.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No vendetta just an assesment of his latest exploiuts for the team. Fine to keep to the end of the season to bring on in an emergency from the bench but not now good enough to start.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
That is my view of Calderons use to us now he has been a good servant but is now a liability and should retire. All his good will be undone if he continues in his latest abysmal manner. As regards VLP I like him but feel that we may be looking for better with him being a stand by if all else fails.

I'm still waiting for you to point out Calde's errors this season (compared to say, Dunk or even Bruno) that have lead to goals against ?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
VLP didnt act as tea boy or cover for Bruno. Calderon is past his sell by date unfortunately let him retire gracefully.

:lolol:

Look in the mirror BG old fella and take heed of your own advice; talk about irony and pots & kettles.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is not a case of isolated mentionable errors like Dunks more his general play and the fact that every team has targetted him knowing him to be the weak link. Sears tore him apart for Ipswich and caused us problems all of the game.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

The sooner we get Calderon out the team the better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here