Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Van La Parra . . . Should we make a bid?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He did okay for us and will be a good player for someone, but i think with Knockeart and the injury to Lua Lua clearing up, the money would be best spent elsewhere.

Somewhat reluctantly I have come to the conclusion that you are probably right, although with wingers being so naturally injury prone. I can't see why Van La Parra being added to the squad to intensify the battle for places would be any bad thing.

The question I ask though, is WILL the money be spent elsewhere?, only a week and a bit left of the window now, and absolutely no sign of anyone new coming in.

Maybe leave it until the last minute, and if we haven't signed reinforcements, and RVLP is still available, make a bid then?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Somewhat reluctantly I have come to the conclusion that you are probably right, although with wingers being so naturally injury prone. I can't see why Van La Parra being added to the squad to intensify the battle for places would be any bad thing.

The question I ask though, is WILL the money be spent elsewhere?, only a week and a bit left of the window now, and absolutely no sign of anyone new coming in.

Maybe leave it until the last minute, and if we haven't signed reinforcements, and RVLP is still available, make a bid then?

Or during the loan window again.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Sign him up, we need cover for Knockaert, Solly is out for the season, Rosenior isn't back for at least another month, Kaz is back,... for now.

Two goals and two assists while here on loan, finding his way in a new team and having hardly any game time before he came here, I'd say he did pretty bloody well.
Plus I think he wanted to stay.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
To be fair that account is one of the most reliable accounts on twitter. They seem to know about the Knockaert situation before anyone else did.

Fair enough. My experience is that they post a lot of garbage included in which are the odd bits which work out, all picked up from other sources online rather than from anyone reliable or close to the action - one of the many Twitter versions of football rumours and as reliable as BG. :lolol:

However, if this one happens I will doff my cap to you

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
He was awesome for Wolves again the other day they would be mental to sell him and if they did it would be for a stupid price now

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He was awesome for Wolves again the other day they would be mental to sell him and if they did it would be for a stupid price now

Regular starter every match for Wolves since we sent him back - guess we must have done the job of getting him match fit / getting his head in the right place. Can't see them wanting to get rid now, unless for silly money (which I hope rules us out).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fair enough. My experience is that they post a lot of garbage included in which are the odd bits which work out, all picked up from other sources online rather than from anyone reliable or close to the action - one of the many Twitter versions of football rumours and as reliable as BG. :lolol:

However, if this one happens I will doff my cap to you

No site is worse than NSC for garbage rumours. Two South American threads now looking very desperate. :smile:

Last edited:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Would be disappointed if we signed him, started off pretty well then turned into the player that Wolves fans told us he was. Average player, we should be aiming higher.

Absolutely not true. He'd almost certainly be under £1m.

Not a chance in hell under a million, sorry no way Jose

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here